1 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

2 HOURS AGO #DudesDecoded—What "going out" reallllly means: http://t.co/82lzQAmYHK

3 HOURS AGO Hey craft-inista! DIY your own coconut scrub: http://t.co/3U1lijdXGz

COMMENTS

Am I leaving discharge behind?

Sometimes when I stand up from a chair, I leave a circle of moisture. Is that discharge?

i always need a wee when i go out some were and sometimes i wet myself and have to sit or walk in my own wee for hours. also i wear a pad after my period for a few days just to shore i need a wee were ever i am ! whats should i do ?xoxo

by sarahrose on 1/29/2012 1:01:59 PM

What do I say to my parents IF I get discharge?

by Littlelibby12345 on 7/22/2011 4:50:05 PM

MOD!!!! MOD!!! MOD!!!
Hey, i'm Scared and confused... My discharge is brown its never white. Its always brown, I have not yet to go to the doctor. that deals with down there........
I have been thinking, Is it the way i'm eating; Do I need to be on a healthy diet. cause I have been eating lot of junk food
My parents are actually feeding it to us
candy and all
IS THAT WHAT MAKES IT BROWN

Hey girl,

Yes you should definitely be on a healthy diet, so start eating lots of protein, fruits, veggies, and drinking lots of water. Even though a healthy diet's important for a healthy body, that shouldn't really be affecting your discharge. The brown discharge could be dried blood from your period, but you should definitely go see your doctor just to make sure everything's ok. x0x0
Casey L.

by selenagomezitup on 7/19/2011 11:10:11 AM

GessieSmile, I always get white discharge! Totally normal, and it stoped once, but came back! Period clues sure do fool you!

by queenra on 7/14/2011 12:42:34 AM

Mod Mod Mod-
This is kinda awkward, but I've been getting like white discharge, it's kind of freaking me out. I haven't gotten my period yet, so i'm wondering if i'm going to get it soon? Thanks!

No worries, babe. It's totally normal - read this article for all the deets you'll need to know about it Smile
Lauren C.

by Gessi:) on 7/11/2011 10:34:17 PM

The first comment was asking if brown/bloody discharge meant your period is coming.

to bazinga: not to be blunt but that brown and bloody discharge probably IS your period. I mean- its about the right age to get it. And periods are brown and bloody. Just thought someone should say something.

by artz/craftz on 7/9/2011 8:44:30 PM

I'm going to be 12 soon and I just have been getting brown/bloody discharge. Is this meaning that I'm getting my period soon?

by bazinga on 7/9/2011 10:34:57 AM

I have been having discharge for about a year or two, does that mean I'm gonna get my period soon?
Thanx

Sounds right on time Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by MaxRide15 on 7/8/2011 11:27:45 PM

You arent the only one who wonders if you are leaving something behind, I have felt like I was but every time it was nothing. I hate when the dampness happens when I am with my bf because of doing certain things or when it happens when watching a sexy movie or something with kissing and hot guys that gets you thinking certain thoughts. But that is how our bodies are made.

by luckykel on 7/7/2011 11:56:16 PM

Help! I read that if you get discharge before getting your period, you should see a doctor. I'm getting discharge and I haven't had my period yet. Should I see a doctor?

Hey girlie,

Where did you read that info? Because, sorry to say it, it's totally wrong. Almost every girl gets discharge before her first period. In fact, getting discharge is a sign that your body is right on track and totally healthy! A girl usually gets discharge about a year to 6 months before her first period...so no worries, you are just fine.
Lauren C.

by GungoShelbyO on 7/4/2011 9:44:54 PM

Mod mod mod
I have this problem. Well whenever I laugh hard I wet myself. It's happened a few times when I go to the bathroom then go talk to friends at a sleepover or something and I wet myself! Even after going to the bathroom. It's weird cuz when I go pee in the bathroom I can stop the flow, but when I'm laughing than stop it's still comes out. I wantto know if this is common or a problem. I have read an article on this website and it said that this can happen do to caffiene. Pls help asap!!! Thx x20

Hey girlie,

Bladder control problems, especially while laughing or sneezing, are actually way more common than you'd think! Personally, I would chat with my doc about this to see if he/she has any ideas on how to fix the prob. And try reading this article - for a lot of girls, these exercises really help!
Lauren C.

by erinh11099 on 7/4/2011 8:51:58 PM

mod mod mod ok so i have discharge in my underwear but every thing i have read said that it can only be white clear or off white but i have had it for sooooo long like over a year is that norm but anyway it has always been yellow is that norm could that just be how it is or no!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

hey!  you should ask your doctor, he or she can give you a much more informed answer than I can. good luck!
Helen S.

by remyodensimon on 6/22/2011 4:36:51 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! I have this clear, gooey stuff that looks like clear mucus that I see "down there." Is it discharge? What does discharge mean? Please Help

Hey babe. Yep, its discharge and its totally normal! These articles should answer your questions!  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/22/What-the-heck-is-discharge-anyway.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/09/discharge-details.aspx

mary h.

by fijipop02 on 6/22/2011 9:34:03 AM

Mod! I have been getting White thickish discharge, it is definetly NOT yeast infection, because i havent been gettin' reddish, or burning- But i heard the white discharge is a sign to getting my period.. i had it for a while now.. but no blood.. im starting to get nervous! help!

Hey girl. You can get discharge for a long time before you get your period. These articles should help:

mary h.

by Kitty9901 on 6/22/2011 5:11:34 AM

That's sweat! lolhaha.Tong

by thetruth on 6/19/2011 12:40:52 AM

Hey, TheMentalistgurl,
sorry a mod didn't answer your question, so I'll answer it the best I can (I'm just a regular GL reader, who's probably your age).

As far as I know, you can only swim with a tampon in. Don't try to wear a pad because it inflates a little bit in water and won't even absorb the blood. I guess it's its ok to wear a thick pad if ur just going to be messing around not even actually fully in water, but if you're going to a typical pool, please try a tampon, or just don't go. And I know your feeling. I've tried to use one and I can't yet and I'm going on vacation and I'm due to have it then :o

by squigglegiggle13 on 6/18/2011 5:30:37 PM

HEY GIRLS!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION, NEED SOME ADVICE, OR JUST NEED ANOTHER GIRL YOUR AGE TO TALK TO???? WELL I'M YOUR GIRL!!! I GIVE ADVICE ON ANYTHING TO ANYBODY WIT NO JUDGEMENT! I LOVE GIVING ADVICE AND I'LL GET BACK TO YOU RIGHT AWAY!!! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS THA ARE TOO WEIRD, STUPID, OR PERSONAL, OR A QUESTION THAT I CAN'T ANSWER!
WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? LEAVE YOUR QUESTION ON MY PROFILE, ADVICE QUEEN PAGE OR MY ADVICE/TIPS CLUB (DEAR PINKY)
CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!
THANKS

-PINKYPI26

by pinkypi26 on 6/18/2011 5:05:41 PM

MODMOODMOD! I just had my 1st period and I have a question. Is the only way you can swim when having your period using a tampon? Bcuz I'm really uncomfortable using one and I'd rather not. Is that the only way?

by TheMentalistgurl on 6/18/2011 2:24:44 PM

OMG my bro likes GL too he says it helps him know when a girl is flirting with him Tong

by lip_gloss12 on 6/18/2011 2:07:51 PM

MODMODMOD im 11 and recently i have been getting pain in the way back of my mouth on both sides, and my parents said it's an infection but my brother said it might be wisdom teeth but i'm not sure. In the back it looks like 1 curved red line covering my tooth and it looks the same on the other side in the back. Every time i eat it really hurts.What is it?

Hey girlie,

It could be an infection, a cavity, or a result of your wisdom teeth/molars growing in. But I'm not a professional, so I really can't say - the best advice I can give would be to call your dentist right away and tell them all of your symptoms. Especially if this is an infection, you'll want to get this taken care of fast!
Lauren C.

by sammy4457 on 6/18/2011 12:49:28 PM

MOD! MOD! What is a yeast infection and how do you get it/prevent it from happening? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

These two articles have got all the answers!

Lauren C.

by Rosalie1996 on 6/18/2011 12:24:07 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
can you get a yeast infection even if you've never had your period yet? my friend thinks she has one but she hasnt had her period
~thanks!

Hey girl,

Yes, you definitely can get a yeast infection without having a period yet. If she thinks she has one (and is experiencing itching/burning and/or cottage cheese-like discharge), she should tell her mom or a doc to get it treated!
Lauren C.

by lazer!beam!22 on 6/18/2011 11:45:00 AM

thanx mod! Smile btw i love gl and scary enough so does my brother.... yeah he's weird but he claims it helps him get girls, ( i think we all know he has a feminine side to him) Tong

Anytime, love! Haha and he's not the first boy to enjoy GL - we hear that more than you'd imagine! I'm glad he's learning a little more about how girls act, think, and look at life Smile
Lauren C.

by qtpie42 on 6/18/2011 11:09:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
when I stand up from a chair i've been sitting in it's wet is this the same thing? my shorts feel a little wet too but i have it in the winter time too... I thought it was my butt and thighs sweating is this true?

Hey girlie,

It depends! Sometimes this is just from sweating (especially now that it's summer), but sometimes discharge can come out quickly enough that you feel wet "down there" too. Usually, though, discharge doesn't make your whole pants feel wet like sweat does. The only way you'd know for sure though is to use the restroom right after it happens, I guess Smile
Lauren C.

by qtpie42 on 6/18/2011 10:55:59 AM

That happens to me a LOT. One time my ex friend saw me and told everyone in the room that I peed in my pants. And to top it all off- my crush was there. He saw and heard everything.

by toadie101 on 6/18/2011 9:16:37 AM