4 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

8 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

8 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Training tips from surfer Maya Gabeira

It’s International Surfing Day! Celebrate by hanging ten, or getting some serious inspiration from one of our fave surfer girls, Maya Gabeira.

I have this weird lump on my neck...it's on the left side, further back than my ear. It's about the size of a pea I think (cuz I can't see it obviously) It doesn't hurt and I can't feel it at all unless I push on it. It feels kind of like a ball that's half under my skin. I'm really scared because I don't know what it is. I really don't want to have it surgically removed because I'm scared of that stuff. My mom says that she won't take me to the doctor unless it gets huge. I only discovered it about 4 days ago but it's starting to freak me out. I don't think it's a bite cuz it's not itchy or red. thank u so much.

Hey girlie, give it some time. If it doesn't go away in a couple weeks ask your mom about going to a doctor again. Don't worry about it until you know it's a problem.

Lauren T.

by loveglitterystuff on 6/23/2011 4:46:58 PM

HAHA! this is too funny, there were two great whites spotted 20 ft out at the beach [northern CA] on monday so there is no public access for a week!
At least me and my bff went surfing last week! Smile

by butterflybabe on 6/21/2011 11:07:27 PM

Eh. I don't surf. I...swim!~JellybeanxD P.S-The Lovebirds of America is my club where anybody can join!!!! You can be any religion, any size, any shape, anyone! Even someone who lives in China can join! I give people advice and we can talk about random things!!!! Please join! I want 50 members by Christmas! Thanks!!!! First people get positions!! And, tell your friends about it!!!! Smile!

by jellybeanxD on 6/21/2011 5:55:46 PM

mod
hi! so my family travels by plane a LOT (like 6 times a year) and so I am pretty experienced with everything. but i always have one problem... i always feel so cramped up! and it's not like i bring a lot in my carry on bag, either! i usually just bring these items in my carry on bag: 2 magazines, a book, my ipod, my phone, my wallet, a notebook and pen, a water bottle, and an energy bar. that's ALL! i put like my chargers and other books and stuff in my suitcase. is there anything from that list i should eliminate to make myself feel less cramped?and if not, how do i feel less cramped?i never really have to go to the bathroom in the plane,and i really wouldn't want to take a "walk" through the aisle, because the aisles are too small. btw idk if this helps but i don't sleep on planes. ever. thanks!

Try putting your carry-on underneath your seat Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by oceanlover69 on 6/21/2011 4:20:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So I'm going on a road trip this weekend and I have to eat at some fast food joint for dinner. What fast foods are there that are on the healthier side? I just want something healthier than burgers and fries to eat.

Hey girl,

Luckily, most fast food restaurants are now trying to put healthier items on their menu like salads, so be sure to look for those. Also, If it's possible to buy something healthy ahead of time and bring it along for the trip, you could do that as well. Have fun! x0x0
Casey L.

by sophlida on 6/21/2011 1:35:10 PM

so i was just wondering i had my period about 3 months ago, but i've never had it again!! i know it's supposed to be irregular but it's been a long time! was it a false start?

Hey girl,

You're exactly right, your period wil be irregular for some time after you first get it, so just be patient. If your period is still not normal after about a year, be sure to see your doctor so they can just make sure everything's OK.  x0x0
Casey L.

by soccerdefender on 6/21/2011 12:02:44 PM

MOD
I have a really bad self control problem, i can't control myself around junk food and i always stay up till like 2 am reading at night. How can i stop doing these things?

Hey girl,

For the junk food, you should allow yourself to eat it in moderation or else you're going to end up missing it so much that one day you will completely overeat it. So, allow yourself maybe one (small) treat every one or two days, and just remind yourself how much happier you are when you don't overindulge in junk food. Also, try not to have your parents buy it, because then it will just tempt you. For the late-night reading, see if you can have a parent help by physically taking the book away from you at a certain time, like 11pm, so you have no choice but to go to sleep. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by hnbelser on 6/21/2011 9:51:34 AM

MOD MOD MOD I know this has nothing to do with surfing but I noticed that the makeup and hair articles are mainly geared to white girls and I'm Indian so a lot of the makeup colors and hairstyles don't really work on me. I think you should write some hair and makeup articles that are geared towards colored girls since a lot of colored girls read the website/magazine. Thanks and hope you take the suggestion!

Hey girlie,

Thanks so much for the suggestion! We really appreciate ideas from our readers - you're the ones that we write for, after all! We'll definitely take that into consideration in the future <3
Lauren C.

by Scorpio1027 on 6/20/2011 11:27:24 PM

MOD MOD:
What should I pack on a carry on for a 12 hour plane ride? List form please!

Hey girl,

Here's what I can think of:

- Wallet (money, ID, etc.)

- iPod/headphones

- Book

- Magazine (or you can buy one at the airport)

- Sleep mask (one that goes over your eyes so you can sleep easier!)

- A hoodie in case it gets cold

- Phone

Just try to run through the whole flight - after you drop your suitcase off, then waiting for the plane, then on the plane for all that time - and imagine what you think you'd need Smile Try not to bring too much though, since it's much easier to enjoy the flight when you aren't lugging around lots of stuff.
Lauren C.

by nerdyprincessxo on 6/20/2011 10:01:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
So, my mom saw what a huge mess my room was. When I say messy, I mean likeatornadorippedthroughit messy. She even found old snack wrappers under/ behind my bed. She was upset because the things in my room cost over $2,000 and she said I don't deserve it. I'm "doing my time" in the doghouse. (a.k.a. i'm grounded-___-) But, I was supposed to go to Israel in August to see my fam who i havent seen in 5 years but now she said i'm prob not going and to pray to god to let me go. She says it's because my gramma "catches a <3attack" when she sees a big mess and that I will make a mess in her house. But, I act different in other ppls houses messwise and also she says it's cause i'm being punished. How can I convince her to let me go w/out cleaning after mself and explaining how im diferent in othr ppls houses????? (already tried that)

Hey girl,

Try to relax - you still have time to prove that you can be clean and mature! Push that "responsible" switch and keep your room, your clothes, and all of your belongings around the house tidy from now til August. Do your chores when you're asked and don't talk back to mom or dad if something doesn't go your way. Be respectful and prove to mom that you can handle this - I know you can represent your family at other people's houses, so you just gotta SHOW her (not tell her) that now that it'll really count Smile
Lauren C.