1 HOURS AGO 10 last minute costumes straight from your closet: http://t.co/PUCimvKw1G

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 block the cold with tough @UrbanOGcom ankle booties: http://t.co/Q1Z32YfVEN

3 HOURS AGO 3 teas to make you feel flawless: http://t.co/YOHoHTs1XQ

COMMENTS

Friendship lessons from TV BFFs

Here’s a salute to our fave TV friendships and the lessons we’ve learned from them…

MOD!!! i have a guy friend and we're close, noththe typical luv type but reall good freinds and we hang out a lot. my friend s think i have a crush on him and the thing i call 'hangout' is practically a date! they even asked me to kiss or hug him after school! how do i make them change their mind about our really good friendship and not as a luv affair?

Hey Girl,

Don't stress too much about trying to change their minds. Do you really want to hang out with your guy friend less just so your friends don't think you're dating? The next time they pester you about him, just say "He's my good friend, but definitely not my boyfriend." They'll understand, people just like to gossip and dream up situations that don't exist.
Rachel N.

by tracy1904 on 2/10/2012 10:03:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Next year, i'm going to go to middle school. (7th) And i'm really bad at making friends! Whenever i do i can never make a conversation! What are some tips on making new friends? I know i sound sooo pathetic!!

Hey girlie,

Nope, not pathetic at all! You'd be surprised how freaked out we all get when we're put in a new and scary situation like this! Instead of getting nervous though, make a plan. Tell yourself you'll sit at a new lunch table rather than eating alone - just walk up and say, "Hey guys, mind if I sit here?" Then introduce yourself as you sit down and ask everyone questions about their background, what activities they do, what they like, etc. Join a couple clubs and go to tryouts for a sport you enjoy. When you're in class (before your teacher has asked everyone to be quiet), make small talk about the weather, the school day so far, etc. Most importantly, hold your head high and don't look awkward. If you fake that confidence even when you don't feel it, you'll trick yourself into believing it! You'll prove you can be totally out-going and social Smile
Lauren C.

by chick987 on 10/20/2011 7:37:28 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
so there is this girl named abby at my school and her and her friends seem really nice, I want to be friends with them, but they seem really close. they have said "hi" to me in the hall, but I dont know what to say after that, so I just say "hi" back. Is there a way to get closer to them as friends?
thanks Smile

Hey girlie! Good for you for wanting to make a new friend or two! You need to extend the conversation. Talk about summer vacation, the new menu at your school's cafeteria, the new ice cream parlor opening this weekend--whatever! Then ask if they want to hang out after school. Whether you're studying for a test or going to a movie, you'll start to bond.

Brittany T.

by swimmichicki on 8/23/2011 10:00:12 AM

OMG..as soon as I read the title I just KNEW Cece and Rocky would be on the list..haha I am right Smile

by lemontwist213 on 8/11/2011 1:33:37 AM

I have this friend who I gave her my number a while go, and we hung out 2 or 3 times at the beginning of summer, and today she wants me to come over. The thing is, it's kind of boring with her. All's we do is sit, I told her I'd call her back when my mom got home, but I don't really want to go over to her house. I'm going to my neighbors house for dinner tonight, I could say that I have to go over there early, but I'm not so sure of the idea. What should I do? Please help!
Jordan

Hey girl, you can say you're busy or have to finish up chores or better yet, offer something you two can do together (maybe go for a walk around the neighborhood?) Embrace the sunlight and do something outside.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by cutiegal100 on 7/30/2011 10:44:24 AM

Mod mod mod
me and my friend became friends again before our big fight she acted like a normal 5th grader after our fight and became friends again now she acting like a high schoolers and getting a real tattoo. My parents say not to be friends with her. Should I or not.
Love Emma

hey! that's up to you. how do you feel about her? do you look forward to hanging out with her? would you miss her if she left? those factors should contribute to your decision
Helen S.

by Emma1025 on 7/23/2011 5:23:40 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I am having my friend S to my lakehouse today. i'm excited, but what if we get bored? She's coming up for two nights, and we've never had a sleepover together (other than in elementary school.) What should we do if we get bored?
Another thing. SHe stays up really really late at night, but i don't like to. What should I do?

Hey babe! You should totally check out the new post about a DIY spa! It's so fun! You can always watch movies and play truth or dare, MASH, Would You Rather, and all those fun games! You can go for a midnight swim and watch the stars while floating on your backs! That would be so fun! xoxo
Jess W.

by haleyhay3 on 7/22/2011 9:53:12 AM

Mod mod mod
Three years ago (fifth grade) I switched schools, leaving my BFF C. At C's school a new girl came the following year after I'd left, they weren't close then but in seventh grade they were/are. C has a new Bestie. It's not me. Ive made new friends too but I miss c! We hang occasionally but it used to be everydAy at school, every weekend we would be hanging out when we were littler.
She hung out with me in the beginning of summer when her other BFF was in Florida for a long time. Now I noticed on fb all her friend posts is, hanging out with C, or going to the movies with C. I get jealous, and not many girls at C's school like her new Bestie. C doesn't swear but her Bestie does. Maybe I just need to get to know her new friend. Maybe c and I aren't close anymore. We have never dished secrets with eachother like most friends, it was just having fun together. Does c feel the same way? What should I do?
Thanks so much!

Hey girl,

You should just ask C to do things with you, and say that you really miss hanging out with her and had a great time with her at the beginning of the summer. Even though she might not be asking you to do things, you can totally ask her. If you start hanging out more, she'll probably ask you to hang out with her and her other friend, so you might be able to get to know her better. You could also just try flat-out talking to C about it, and saying that you miss having her as a close friend. That way, you'll know exactly how she's feeling too. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by Lll328 on 7/19/2011 12:11:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD i was trying to plan a sleepover this week with two of my besties and one couldn't come this week, so all three of us decided to postpone it to sometime in august, (unofficially). one of my besties could make it, so i was thinking of having her and one of my other friends (who isn't a bff but still pretty close) sleepover today? does it sound like i'm "replacing" my bestie in a way? cuz i am NOT trying to do that at all, but I just want to have a sleepover. do you think my bestie who's not coming will be upset?? plase help!

Hey girl,

Your bestie who can't come will probably have her feelings hurt, so you really need to talk to her. There's no rule saying that she has to be at the sleepover, or that you can't have one if she's not there, so just explain to her that you're so sad she can't come, but you can't wait until it happens in august.  If you're completely honest with her and tell her that you're def not trying to replace her, she will be happy to know how much you care about her feelings. x0x0
Casey L.

by goldenhamsta on 7/14/2011 1:18:53 PM

so all of my bffs are at camp or on vacay all summer,and i tried making a bunch of new friends but everyone is busy but then i met this one girl lets call her G.she became my BFF over 2 weeks and then all the sudden she started canceling the plans we had and acting all wierd. then i found out that my frenemie, lets call her L, was on vacay while me an G were friends. well turns out G and L have been bffs for a while and so G was just kinda using me while L was away.now i have no friends and no one to hang out with cuz EVERYBODY is busy all summer,and i tried talking to G and L bout this but they dont wanna be my friend cuz they were bffs first.i feel like L made G mean.im lucky to have my big sis tell me it will all work out, but i wish that i had a bff that was always avalible, will always text me back,and is always there for me. but i dont. just my siter,who DOES have friends and is gone all the time.i feel like if i only hang with family im a loser without a life

Hey babe! That's pretty mean of G to do that to you! Totally unfair. It's also too bad that your BFF doesn't always answer, but I'm sure she's busy. Just remember that you'll always have more opportunities to meet new people so you can always make new friends. Just keep trying, keep putting yourself out there and you'll find people who are true friends. Maybe donate some time to a charity and find people with similar interests, that way you're not just sitting at home. Your big sis is totally right, everything will work out. And your BFF will be home before you know it. xoxo
Jess W.