AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveAways 2 cuties can cover their walls with an http://t.co/1IXzvVgELI $250 shopping spree! @AllPosters #TooCute #WantThemAll...

1 HOURS AGO #BookClub: The story of one cute crush—told from 14 other people! We love #ALittleSomethingDifferent: http://t.co/orSadmBRgR #swoonreads

14 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

COMMENTS

Lit Chicks Challenge pick: Abandon

Meg Cabot’s latest novel reimagines the ancient Persephone myth. It’s a dark story that deals with death and rebirth, suicide and vengeful violence. And I loved it.

1. What do you think the title, Abandon, means? I think it means that everyone in the book feels abandoned in their own way.

2. What did you think of Meg Cabot’s use of the Persephone myth and the Underworld? it was actually really intriguing.

3. Abandon is the first book in a trilogy. What do you think we can expect to happen in the next two books?
idk i just hope there good and come out soon ;D

by RaeRae500 on 8/7/2011 10:45:46 PM

1. i think that the title abandon means that the characters (well most of them) have been/felt abandoned like Hannah. when Mr. Mueller dumped her, and Alex how his dad has been missing from his life for 16 years (in prison) and his mom ran off
2. it was very clever that Meg Cabot used the myth of Persephone. i luv Greek myths i know most of them by heart. and i've read books based on Greek myths and none of them retold the story of Persephone. It is defiantly different from the book but it still ties it all together.
3. i absolutely cannot wait for the next book Underworld to come out! i think that Pierce will find a way to defeat the furies and maybe be able to find a way to see some people (like Hannah and Jade and her Grandpa) who have moved on to their final destination.

by skyfarm on 7/15/2011 1:29:21 PM

1. I think the use of the word "abandon" as a book title symbolizes the abandonment Pierce feels from her self-involved dad, her too-environmentally-concerned mother, her "friends" from her former school, her leaving the life she once had.....

2. I loved it. As a 7th grader, I have read all the Greek myths and know most of them by heart. This one weaved in the whole godly aspect of the Persephone myth, but kept it modern and real. I loved how, as Pierce dealt with typical teen angst, she also is dealing with being the god of the underworlds consort. A lot to handle for a high school senior!

3. I think the plot line will focus a little on her grandmothers betrayal. I mean, come on. Who thought the grandmother would turn out to be a Fury? And I want to know if Pierce and John have a relationship in the next two books.

I can't wait. This is an awesome book (finished it in one day!) and I can't wait for the next two. Go Meg Cabot!

by basketballcutie11 on 7/12/2011 8:23:18 PM

1. I think the title could mean she had to abandon her life in the main world to live with John in the Underworld, or it could mean that every character in the story was abandoned in some way.
2.I think Meg Cabot's use of the myth was great! It gave me a deeper understanding of the myth.
3. I think we can expect to see John and Pierce trying to fight off the Furies and Pierce trying to get back to her world.
I loved this book! I can't wait for the next book to come out!

by melissxo12 on 7/1/2011 10:59:19 AM

BWEST BOOK EVER!!!! I read it in,literally 2 days. Meg Cabot will always be my favorte author. Her books never let me down. My mom got to meet her cause of her job and I got an autographed copy of Airhead.
1. I agree with hashbrown8 that abondaon meeant at the end of the book when she gave up and went to the underworld w/ john.
2. I like how Meg actually brought up what pierce thoght of the myth to show that she wasnt reliving it, more just like a futuristic sequel.
3. well, I imagine she'll be in the underworld for a while, trying to escape, will fall even mor ein love w/ ohn, and uncover secrets that she didnt want to know about.

But honestly, WHO KNOWS? I love Meg Cabot cause her books are never predictable

by batlover45 on 7/1/2011 7:10:55 AM

i love meg always but this book is just amazing. i want more action to happen between john and Pierce. I think maybe we might see something bad happen from Coffin Night. i give this a 7/5

by kattykat on 6/30/2011 8:20:45 PM

This was one of the BEST books I have ever read! It kept me hooked and I never wanted to put it down! And trust me, I mean that because I am someone who usually gets bored of a book and doesn't end up finishing it. I can't wait to read the next books of the Abandon trilogy!!!

1.I think the title is Abandon because in the end of the book, she had to abandon her real life to live in the Underworld where she could be safe from the Furies. In her real life, people don't know what happened to her because she just disappeared.

2. I think Meg Cabot's use of the Persephone myth is SO cool! I remember learning about that in school and I think it is really interesting how she ties that story into the her book! (:

3. idk.... maybe she will die again... not sure!

so yeah.. I recommend it to you!! (whoever is reading this) because I know you'll LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it as much as I did!! Smile

by hashbrown8 on 6/29/2011 10:20:57 PM

I wrote a review of this on my blog, Words Like Silver. Google it if you want to read it Smile

by perfectlyme on 6/25/2011 8:33:21 PM

Moderator!
Is there any nasty tasting nail polish that is made? I really need it because i bite on my nails so much my fingers bleed.

Mavala Stop for Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Kikikim8 on 6/24/2011 10:13:36 PM

i was looking at this book a few months ago. it looks good, i like paranormal romance and dystopian as long as it's not too creepy. i LOVED matched and can't wait for crossed!

by the_last_ninja on 6/24/2011 6:05:22 PM