4 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

7 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

8 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

Lit Chicks Challenge pick: Abandon

Meg Cabot’s latest novel reimagines the ancient Persephone myth. It’s a dark story that deals with death and rebirth, suicide and vengeful violence. And I loved it.

MOD MOD I really like this guy but he's one grade above me we are the same age I really like him and he's one of my best friends in the world he's a sweet heart he calls me honey and is always asking me for hugs does he like me helppp

Helen S.

by luette on 6/24/2011 4:17:54 PM

I READ THIS BOOK RIGHT WHEN IT CAME OUT! IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! Meg Cabot is my favorite author...I have read almost all her books! Can't wait till the next book! Smile John is so sexy...he is the kind of guy I want(protective,tall, beautiful haha). Just saying, EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS! The end was very unexpected, you will never want to put it down!

by topchef88 on 6/24/2011 2:28:29 PM

I bought it on my kindle and it's almost 50% cheaper! I just bought it because of this article and I can't wait to read it! I love Meg Cabot books! Smile

by LexilicousCandy on 6/24/2011 2:25:13 PM

1. I don't really know! I think it may have something to do with the fact that so many people that Pierce knew or trusted either died or weren't who she thought they were.
2. I thought that her use of the mythology was a good idea. But I don't think that the Persephone myth and Abandon were exactly the same. I was expecting more of John coming and kidnapping her against her will, and forcing Pierce to live in the Underworld with him, not Pierce dying and John offering for her to come with him to his little house area. I do think that it was a good idea to modernize the myth, though!
3. I think that in the other books, we will definitely see more Furies and that Pierce will probably try to escape again, since she isn't technically dead. I also hope to see more of Pierce and John, because I liked it when they were together in the book and I thought that they needed more of that part.

by puppylover1152 on 6/24/2011 1:15:55 PM

this book was so awesome. Smile hopefully the next one will be just as good!!!!

by janerbuy on 6/24/2011 12:37:32 PM

looks good Smile

by samigurl on 6/24/2011 12:06:22 PM

Meg Cabot's books are always awesome! I'm gonna check this out!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 6/24/2011 9:34:56 AM