Why are guys so nuts about football?
Dear Carol: I need to be the best at everything
On the hunt for a new horror novel? Shutter will make you shudder
Fun football-inspired noms...just in time for the Super Bowl!
Fash face off: Vote for your fave Super Bowl style for a chance to win a $100 NFLShop.com gift card
Get sun-kissed skin this winter for under $15
8 easy ways to add more exercise to your day
Are you an impulsive shopper or a penny pincher?
Thoughts on our Feb/March issue? We wanna hear 'em!
GL + Barbizon present: Meet our 2014 PTD model search winner, Taylor!
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
11 MINUTES AGO Happy Birthday, @Harry_Styles💖🎂👦
AN HOUR AGO Are you too much of a penny pincher? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/ARyJESbeN0
1 HOURS AGO VOTE for your fave Super Bowl style for a chance to win a $100 @OfficialNFLShop gift card: http://t.co/c2xLyUEKtj
17 Comments | Add Yours
1. What do you think the title, Abandon, means? I think it means that everyone in the book feels abandoned in their own way.
2. What did you think of Meg Cabot’s use of the Persephone myth and the Underworld? it was actually really intriguing.
3. Abandon is the first book in a trilogy. What do you think we can expect to happen in the next two books?
idk i just hope there good and come out soon ;D
by RaeRae500 on 8/7/2011 10:45:46 PM
1. i think that the title abandon means that the characters (well most of them) have been/felt abandoned like Hannah. when Mr. Mueller dumped her, and Alex how his dad has been missing from his life for 16 years (in prison) and his mom ran off
2. it was very clever that Meg Cabot used the myth of Persephone. i luv Greek myths i know most of them by heart. and i've read books based on Greek myths and none of them retold the story of Persephone. It is defiantly different from the book but it still ties it all together.
3. i absolutely cannot wait for the next book Underworld to come out! i think that Pierce will find a way to defeat the furies and maybe be able to find a way to see some people (like Hannah and Jade and her Grandpa) who have moved on to their final destination.
by skyfarm on 7/15/2011 1:29:21 PM
1. I think the use of the word "abandon" as a book title symbolizes the abandonment Pierce feels from her self-involved dad, her too-environmentally-concerned mother, her "friends" from her former school, her leaving the life she once had.....
2. I loved it. As a 7th grader, I have read all the Greek myths and know most of them by heart. This one weaved in the whole godly aspect of the Persephone myth, but kept it modern and real. I loved how, as Pierce dealt with typical teen angst, she also is dealing with being the god of the underworlds consort. A lot to handle for a high school senior!
3. I think the plot line will focus a little on her grandmothers betrayal. I mean, come on. Who thought the grandmother would turn out to be a Fury? And I want to know if Pierce and John have a relationship in the next two books.
I can't wait. This is an awesome book (finished it in one day!) and I can't wait for the next two. Go Meg Cabot!
by basketballcutie11 on 7/12/2011 8:23:18 PM
1. I think the title could mean she had to abandon her life in the main world to live with John in the Underworld, or it could mean that every character in the story was abandoned in some way.
2.I think Meg Cabot's use of the myth was great! It gave me a deeper understanding of the myth.
3. I think we can expect to see John and Pierce trying to fight off the Furies and Pierce trying to get back to her world.
I loved this book! I can't wait for the next book to come out!
by melissxo12 on 7/1/2011 10:59:19 AM
BWEST BOOK EVER!!!! I read it in,literally 2 days. Meg Cabot will always be my favorte author. Her books never let me down. My mom got to meet her cause of her job and I got an autographed copy of Airhead.
1. I agree with hashbrown8 that abondaon meeant at the end of the book when she gave up and went to the underworld w/ john.
2. I like how Meg actually brought up what pierce thoght of the myth to show that she wasnt reliving it, more just like a futuristic sequel.
3. well, I imagine she'll be in the underworld for a while, trying to escape, will fall even mor ein love w/ ohn, and uncover secrets that she didnt want to know about.
But honestly, WHO KNOWS? I love Meg Cabot cause her books are never predictable
by batlover45 on 7/1/2011 7:10:55 AM
i love meg always but this book is just amazing. i want more action to happen between john and Pierce. I think maybe we might see something bad happen from Coffin Night. i give this a 7/5
by kattykat on 6/30/2011 8:20:45 PM
This was one of the BEST books I have ever read! It kept me hooked and I never wanted to put it down! And trust me, I mean that because I am someone who usually gets bored of a book and doesn't end up finishing it. I can't wait to read the next books of the Abandon trilogy!!!
1.I think the title is Abandon because in the end of the book, she had to abandon her real life to live in the Underworld where she could be safe from the Furies. In her real life, people don't know what happened to her because she just disappeared.
2. I think Meg Cabot's use of the Persephone myth is SO cool! I remember learning about that in school and I think it is really interesting how she ties that story into the her book! (:
3. idk.... maybe she will die again... not sure!
so yeah.. I recommend it to you!! (whoever is reading this) because I know you'll LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it as much as I did!!
by hashbrown8 on 6/29/2011 10:20:57 PM
I wrote a review of this on my blog, Words Like Silver. Google it if you want to read it
by perfectlyme on 6/25/2011 8:33:21 PM
by Kikikim8 on 6/24/2011 10:13:36 PM
i was looking at this book a few months ago. it looks good, i like paranormal romance and dystopian as long as it's not too creepy. i LOVED matched and can't wait for crossed!
by the_last_ninja on 6/24/2011 6:05:22 PM
by luette on 6/24/2011 4:17:54 PM
I READ THIS BOOK RIGHT WHEN IT CAME OUT! IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! Meg Cabot is my favorite author...I have read almost all her books! Can't wait till the next book! John is so sexy...he is the kind of guy I want(protective,tall, beautiful haha). Just saying, EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS! The end was very unexpected, you will never want to put it down!
by topchef88 on 6/24/2011 2:28:29 PM
I bought it on my kindle and it's almost 50% cheaper! I just bought it because of this article and I can't wait to read it! I love Meg Cabot books!
by LexilicousCandy on 6/24/2011 2:25:13 PM
1. I don't really know! I think it may have something to do with the fact that so many people that Pierce knew or trusted either died or weren't who she thought they were.
2. I thought that her use of the mythology was a good idea. But I don't think that the Persephone myth and Abandon were exactly the same. I was expecting more of John coming and kidnapping her against her will, and forcing Pierce to live in the Underworld with him, not Pierce dying and John offering for her to come with him to his little house area. I do think that it was a good idea to modernize the myth, though!
3. I think that in the other books, we will definitely see more Furies and that Pierce will probably try to escape again, since she isn't technically dead. I also hope to see more of Pierce and John, because I liked it when they were together in the book and I thought that they needed more of that part.
by puppylover1152 on 6/24/2011 1:15:55 PM
this book was so awesome. hopefully the next one will be just as good!!!!
by janerbuy on 6/24/2011 12:37:32 PM
by samigurl on 6/24/2011 12:06:22 PM
Meg Cabot's books are always awesome! I'm gonna check this out!
by nerdisthewurd26 on 6/24/2011 9:34:56 AM
YAY—it's Super Bowl Sunday! Which team are you rooting for?
The Waterfire Saga is back with an all new adventure in Rogue Wave! CLICK HERE for our author Q&A.
Go behind the scenes with Bella and the Bulldogs...
In Nickelodeon's newest series, Bella and the Bulldogs, Brec Bassinger shines as Bella—a bubbly cheerleader who joins the guys' football team! CLICK HERE for a sneak peek at this hilarious show premiering January 17.