12 MINUTES AGO #DailyGiveaway: 2 gems get an IceDiamond+ Bluetooth speaker from #Yantouch: http://t.co/QH3fWXMnOg

AN HOUR AGO 5 reasons we're thankful for our bestie, @bellathorne: http://t.co/uXWNbc9dQT

13 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

COMMENTS

6 ways to make a difference in your spare time

Have a free afternoon? Use your downtime to make a difference in your community…

I've been volunteering at my local humane society ever since the fisrt week of Febuary! It is so fun. Sometimes I work in the puppy/kitten room or in the volunteer room. Smile

by Sheyenne on 5/24/2012 6:46:05 PM

my local animal shelter wont let anyone under the age of 18 work with the animals bcuz of insurance restrictions Frown instead they were like host a fundraiser... this summer is soooo boring cuz im 2 young 2 volunteer anywhere or get a job but im too old to go to summer camps Frown

by cheerkat22 on 7/14/2011 10:58:39 AM

MODMODMOD
It's not working. :\ When I scroll up, under 'Status Update' it says in read letters "You must enter an update!", but I'm typing in 'Post a Comment'. I suppose it's fine. I replied to the girlie on her profile. What should I do if this problem continues?

Hey girl, report it to us here: http://www.girlslife.com/Contact.aspx or just post to another mod. It's late here on the East Coast, so if there is a prob with clubs on the site, it likely won't be fully fixed until tomorrow. Be patient and know it'll be resolved soon!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Faith265 on 7/1/2011 12:01:08 AM

MODMODMOD
It seems I can't reply to a question on my club. Whats wrong? I can type the message, but when I click 'Post Comment' it just sits there. Help?

Hey girl, try refreshing the page and submitting it again (copy it before you do so you can paste it back in). The site might have just been acting up then. xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Faith265 on 6/30/2011 11:50:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Do you think it would be a good idea to start a babysitting group in my neighbourhood? I'd like to babysit a couple of kids for 5-6 hours on Saturdays/Sundays and I am thinking of charging $20 per kid. Do you think this is a good idea? How do I start advertising my services??

Hey girl,

Yes I think that's a great idea! You can start advertising by having your parents tell their friends what you want to do, because by word-of-mouth the news will spread really quickly. Also, you could make fliers and put them up at community centers, office buildings, and grocery stores in your area--just any where a lot of moms would go.  Good luck!
Casey L.

by lemontwist213 on 6/28/2011 2:41:57 PM

I am already involved in a youth leadership program (you basically help out with day camps and look after the kids and you go on trips and volunteer. It`s pretty fun!!
This article is motivating me to volunteer at animal shelters, because I am a total animal lover and I want to volunteer at hospitals and clinics! Great ideas, you guys should write more articles like this Smile

by lemontwist213 on 6/28/2011 2:39:51 PM

Hey girl,

I can only imagine how
tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely
important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor,
guidance counselor, teacher, etc. x0x0

Casey L.

by SpartanGal11 on 6/28/2011 2:06:49 PM

MOD! When do i know if my club is approved or not?

Hey girl. You club was probably already approved. There are currently no clubs waiting to be approved. Smile

mary h.

by melmo1998 on 6/27/2011 11:44:17 PM

mod mod mod
i have medium brown hair, medium brown eyes, and skin that isnt tan, but not pale either. just normal. what color clothes would look good for me?

Hey girlie,

You're lucky because you can pull off the biggest variety of colors because your hair/eyes are neutral! Since it's summertime, go for pretty banana yellows, celery green, and creamsicle orange. In the fall and winter though, gem tones will totally be your friend (emerald, sapphire, deep purples). You can also probably pull of bright red with ease!
Lauren C.

by oceanlover69 on 6/27/2011 10:25:30 PM

So I went to a party where all of my soccer team mates were at. (my coach trows a party and the end of evry season)It was a pool party so I was swimming under water and couldn't see. I accidently hit one of my teammates while i was swimming. I apologized to her but she ignored it. Then she told everyone on my team that i purposly untied her bikini top and grabbed her boob. Now no one talks to me and they all think Im a lesbo. What should I do? I try not to care what people think of me but my whole team of 17 girls is a little toop much to ignore! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

by hbmsbraceface on 6/27/2011 9:34:29 PM