9 HOURS AGO RT @crystalalma: HEY HEY! My mixed chicks review is upppp! Check out @girlslifemag for the deats! http://t.co/SGrbIiUK5U 💆🏾💁🏾💖 http:/pic.twitter.com/WsdyrnFnG7t.co…

10 HOURS AGO Reason #427 why #GLfashbash is going to be amazing this year? This guy 👉�@Spencermusic1c1. See ya on 8/8 in Baltimorepic.twitter.com/UDWNpqFIGSGS

11 HOURS AGO We had a blast sharing internship advice (like this!) at the #InternQueenParty DC tonight. #Chicago, you're next! https://t.co/GIv46eETBy

COMMENTS

How to survive a family vacation

Vacay with Mom, Dad and the sibs doesn’t have to be torture. We’ve got 3 ways to get ya through…

Family vacations are fun! The car ride can be long, but I'm always prepared with my cell, itouch, ds, and laptop! Smile

by Alle93 on 7/6/2011 8:21:45 PM

My besties b day is soon...I really want to make this one special! I'm low on cash, so I might take her to the near by ice cream shop; but like I said I want to make this b day super special, what else can I do for her that will make her happy, and not totally break my bank? Keep in mind that I'm not very crafty.. Thanks chica!! xoxoxo!

hey! why don't you print out a bunch of photos of you guys and paste them together for her, I'm sure she'd like that Smile
Helen S.

by dolcecupcakes on 7/6/2011 5:11:53 PM

I have a 16 hour drive coming tomorrow!!! Casey L.

by karate1queen on 7/6/2011 3:17:52 PM

im going to disney world with my aunt!!!! i cant wait but we are going by plane Smile Casey L.

by girlslifeluver on 7/6/2011 2:32:57 PM

MOD MOD MODI'm going to the Philippines at the end of the month and there is a 16-18 hour plane ride! Any advice for what to do? I can't play on my iPhone the whole time because it's gonna run out of battery. So advice? Thanks Smile

Hey girl,

Chances are they're going to play movies on the plane, so you can always bring a pair of headphones and watch them. Also, reading a really good book will make the time go by faster, and since the plane ride is so long, sleeping is always a good option too.  Bring cards or bananagrams to take up even more time, and play with a parent or sibling. Have fun! x0x0
Casey L.

by Thecutenerd on 7/6/2011 2:22:54 PM

I <3 BANANAGRAMS!

by colorqueen101 on 7/6/2011 1:36:22 PM

OMG GIRLS LIFE I FREAKIN LOVEE YOUUUU!! i swear you guys have the best article post timings ever! im just about to go on a 2 1/2 day family mini-vacation to an inn and resort! Laughing i have bananagrams and i never played with it since i got it.. so i'm gonna pack it for the 1-3 hour car rides!

by ifreakinloveeyou on 7/6/2011 1:25:19 PM

I really haven't seen any of my friends this summer! I've been spending most of the summer with my sister, cuz I recently broke up with my bestie, my other friend is in paris, and I have softball, and the county fair. So I have been busy but I'm not worried that I haven't been with my friends!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 7/6/2011 12:09:53 PM

Great ideas! This summer (in 3 days) we are leaving for a cruise around the Caribbean. But we can't really do the license plate game because we are going on a plane. My family doesn't really fight on vacation. And it's awesome that we're going to be on a cruise, because if we start to get annoyed with each other, we just go walk around by ourselves... my parents go to the hot tub, my brother goes to the basketball court, and I just wander around and get fries and just sit down haha. But then once we go to the ports, we really don't fight, we all just have a good time laughing and having fun... I love family vacations! I can't wait for Saturday Smile

by oceanlover69 on 7/6/2011 11:46:18 AM

The license plate game is really clever!! I'll start thinking about that one...

by Firework on 7/6/2011 11:38:53 AM

You let her BFF borrow your fave top for a party last Saturday but when she returns it, it looks nothing like the top you remember buying. It has holes, stains and only one shoulder. What do you say to your gal pal?

Win it! Fab up your life with GL's 2015 Glam Guide

We've got everything you need for back-to-school, from fiction to fashion (and everything in between!). The best part? You could win it all—just CLICK HERE to enter!