7 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

10 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

11 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

A regular trailblazer

I had my period during the last week of school, and I usually stuff a bunch of pads into the small pocket on the outside of...

MOD
Do you have a favorite kind of tampon? I've only used UbyKotex and Playtex Sport...i think...and i like the compact ones but both kinda leak a little now and then (not because i need to change them)... so do you have any suggestions or is it just personal preference?

Hey girl, the best kind of tampons I've found are Tampax Pearl w/ plastic applicators--they rarely leak! Good luck xox

Jess D.

by HaNnAh BaNaNa! on 8/25/2011 1:23:50 PM

Modmodmod
I just started my period at school today and I really dont know what to do. I told my mom and I havent freaked out yet, but I'm worried that I will at some random time. What should I do? Thanks

Hey girl, you won't freak out. Just have pads ready and know it's NBD. Stay calm.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by nevierose on 8/18/2011 11:34:22 PM

mod mod mod so i got my period like in may and it is really heavy. i dont go through pads or anything but i feel full really fast. my dad makes me go to softball practice twice a week and we have a game this weekend so im nervouse about having it during the game. i also have to go to the lake tomarow morning and im scared to use tampons please please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Sweetie,

Don't be too nervous! Pick a very absorbant pad with "wings" that will keep it put. Check out this post on how to put in tampons: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/10/08/How-To-Use-Tampon.aspx
Sarah G.

by taytay2345 on 8/17/2011 3:51:22 PM

That's a little harsh. Next time make sure to zip the pouch or put them in a little plastics baggie and put them in the bottom of your backpack where you can reach them or but won't fall out or be seen by people if you forget to zip it again.
Comment on my page if this helps!!! <3
Laughing

by bpatton on 8/6/2011 6:52:35 AM

MOD mod MOD
hi!
i am going on vacation and there will be a 5 hour time difference..... i am due for my period but am usually irregular. is it true that going to a different time zone will delay your period??? thx!!

Ive never ever heard about that. So no. Im fairly certain that will not delay it. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by askme923 on 7/27/2011 9:34:42 PM

Mod!I heard that you cant use tampons until you have sex is that true???

Hey girl. That is definitely not true!

kara g.

by BabyFaceQueen99 on 7/22/2011 2:36:40 PM

MOD
lately I have been noticing that when i wipe this half of a cm little like red "hair" comes onto it. I don't own any red underwear or anything and i have never had my period. Any idea of what this is? thanks

Hey girl,

I'm not sure what that is, so you should definitely go see your doctor just to make sure everything's OK. x0x0

Casey L.

by cittycat1998 on 7/19/2011 2:43:29 PM

mod! my pool party is coming up , and i think im going to get my period over it. but i cant get the hang of tampons, am i putting it in the wrong place? is there any common mistakes i could be making? thanks(:

Hey girly! Check out this article for some tips on tampons. And, have fun at your pool party! Smile

Becca G.

by elle eileen on 7/17/2011 11:24:23 PM

I'm 13 and still haven't gotten my period yet and I'm worried that I'm messed up and not normal. So is it ok that i havent gotten my period or not?

by ladysade24 on 7/16/2011 11:01:55 PM

I have been so moody lately and my stomach always is killing or i guess bloated even get in trouble for being moody! and I just seem to get mad or cry or even laugh for no reason alot.I promise really not trying to but I am seriously growing up the only other thing I need is my period and discharge for like a 8 or 9 months now. Ugh! is this a sign of "right before i get" or just me being my stupid self?

Thanks,
Kate M.

by kmcoolness on 7/12/2011 2:25:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD My parents aren't together, so whenever I go to my dad's house with my period it's REALLY awkward because he still doesn't know. I'm afraid to change pads at his house because I don't want him to see it in the trash. Any ways to "break the ice" and just tell him? Thanks!

Hey babe. Why not pick up some pads when you are at the store with him? Just be like, "Oh I need to get something." and throw them into the cart. Otherwise, I would suggest doing everything with pads you normally would and hopefully he will catch on.

mary h.

by gigi3399 on 7/12/2011 2:07:13 AM

MODMODMOD! hi, i have been having discharge for 2 years now! i am so sick and tired of it! do you think i woll get my period soon? thanks!

Hey girly,
Unfortunately, there really isn't a way to tell. But it sounds like your period will be there soon.

Catie C.

by <3luvlife<3 on 7/11/2011 1:04:11 PM

Hey mod!Umm.. I have been getting the white stuff for about 4 months already. I keep getting cramps and sometimes inside "there" it feels like a thin piece of like paper or something it kinda hurts anyway, I just wanted to know what that was but know I have blood mixed with the disharge in my underwear. I only figured it out in the morning when i wiped and blood was on the toilet paper so I looked in my underwear and there was blood and stuff! Do you know if this is my period? And also, What was that feeling of paper in "there" ? Thanks!

Hey girl,

It does sound like that was your period, but I'm not quite sure what the "paper" feeling was. If anything down there feels painful or you want to know what that paper feeling is, you should def go talk to your doctor to make sure everything's ok. x0x0
Casey L.

by socergirl on 7/7/2011 2:51:41 PM

Say you were having a sleepover at your house... and one of your friends got their period and didn't have any stuff. What should you do? Give them some of your stuff? Drive them home? Buy them some? What?

Hey babe! Definitely give them something! You wouldn't want that to happen to you, so do anything you can to make them feel less embarrassed. It's totally normal, every girl gets her period, so it's not a big deal at all. If you don't have anything, ask you mom if she has something. If not, take her home to grab some then she can always come back once she has pads or tampons. xoxo

Jess W.

by alkrox17 on 7/7/2011 10:14:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD I know this is really kinda weird, but I have this pimple on the inside of my thigh. Its not huge but its not small either. Its a bump and its painful. It has like white stuff at the top too. I just want to know what to do to get rid of it-any help? Thanks!(:

Hey babe. I'm not sure what you should do about this! Seeing a doc is probably the best idea!

mary h.

by lilmizzjo on 7/6/2011 6:07:07 AM

Mod mod mod,
Okay my lips always peel. Like ever since i was little they have peeled and more like theres dead skin on my lips and i usually have to pull it off or something to get it off. I always use chapstick but nothing helps it not peel. Is it because i'm not drinking a ton of water? or what? People always notice it too. :/ thanks.

Water plays a big role in keeping your body hydrated an affects everything. Drink more water and use a medicated chapstick after you exfoliate your lips

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by midnightluver96 on 7/5/2011 7:47:18 PM

Oh my gosh, I feel so bad for you! As long as no one saw...

by Firework on 7/5/2011 7:16:53 PM

i would just drop my back pack and come back for it later

by TeamAlice33 on 7/5/2011 5:44:12 PM

mod mod mod
While watching fireworks, a guy my age came and sat next to me. We were talking and everything too. When he scooted up next to me, i noticed he cracked his knuckles. What does that mean???

Hey girl,

It could mean that he was a little nervous when talking to you! x0x0
Casey L.

by Libson15562 on 7/5/2011 1:27:55 PM

oohhh! how embarrasing. What did you do did you just walk away or pick em up??

by hope nguyen on 7/5/2011 11:16:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I have a doctor's appointment next week and I will most likely be on my period. It's just a normal physical, not a gyno exam, but is it ok that I'll have my period? Also, do you think it would be best to use a pad or a tampon that day? Thanks in advance!!!

Hey babe. Yep, you can go to regular doc with your period. With a lot of women a period happens every 28 days so it is likely that a doc appointment might land on it. I think a pad of tampon would be okay.

mary h.

by purpleluver716 on 7/5/2011 10:54:48 AM

OUCH! HOPEFULLY NOONE SAW U RIGHT?

by nirvana fan on 7/5/2011 9:41:28 AM

wow, that had 2 b embarrassing i would just pick them up really quick and run!!! lol, first comment!!!!

by volley_ball2341 on 7/5/2011 8:59:17 AM