AN HOUR AGO #BookClub 5 books that get us excited for fall sports and activities!: http://t.co/yaPTH6Rj3x

2 HOURS AGO #ToughStuff: What to do when you can't stop hurting your hair: http://t.co/N6sM39vJpO

3 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Could you be @CodySimpson's girlfriend?: http://t.co/mlkP4If3iF

COMMENTS

3 tricks for buying yummy eats at the farmers' market!

Get the insider's scoop on scoping out fresh produce and turning it into a scrumptious, summery dinner.

I Am currently 12 years old.. 4'11''... and 78 lbs... i know i am underweight but im just never really hungry. I DO NOT have a serious eating disorder. I guess i just don't eat enough. any foods or workouts out there that i could try to help me get up to a healthy weight?

by nomnomz324 on 7/19/2011 7:04:58 PM

nerdyprincessxo- hey im sorry that your struggling, I know how hard it is, but really just listen to your parents,, they know what they are talking about. I dealt with the same thing, but I never gained weight, so I kept eating bad. Im now 15 and now gain weight everytime I eat bad and have diabetes.. type 1, Im a decent weight but I'm not comfortable with my body like I was before and I have to deal with diabetes every day of my life now. Please, I know you can do it.You can get over this.(: Lauren C.

by kenziec625 on 7/11/2011 8:25:09 PM

Hey chickas!!Do YOU love food?Do YOU want to learn how to eat healthier?Do YOU want delish recipe ideas?Then come join my club foodloversunite!We have delish recipes,fun polls,and right now we are doing 10 days of healthy eating tips!Come check it out!!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

by baconlvr711 on 7/7/2011 10:47:47 AM

I really need help. I am obsessing over my body. I know everyone is built different and I don't need to worry so much, but I look terrible. I have been trying to lose my belly fat this summer but I just can't seem to do it. I thought I was doing well and making some progress but I just tried on my jeans from last year and I look bigger than I started at. I got low rise jeans last year and my shorts are higher so they don't look as bad. I am afraid my mom will just say "since last year's jeans still fit you can just wear those." I try to work out but It hasn't been "working out", I just forget about the workouts and everything. I joined cross country to try and get me healthier and thinner but it is too hot unless I run in the morning (to train) but its so hard for me to wake up. I am not too big but I'm not comfortable in my body. I try and eat right but it is hard to cut off junk food and I am always hungry. What should I do!?!? Sorry so long and thanks in advance.

Once you get back to school and start doing cross country youll get into a schedule and it will be easier. Getting into a schedule in summer is hard. Just try to do some sort of activity every day to prepare for cross country in thefall Smile youll be fine! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by scooby239 on 7/6/2011 10:29:40 PM

What is a healthy snack when fruit and vegetables aren't always available?

Hey! yogurt's a good one Smile
Helen S.

by scooby239 on 7/6/2011 7:23:51 PM

MOD!
No one is answering my question. I am on my friend's account because I cannot remember my password and have tried getting a new password sent twice in the past 2 months. I have also tied contacting GL, but they have never answered. I am pretty sure that I updated my email on my account, but a new password still has not come. Help!

Hey girl,

It may just be taking us a little time to respond, but you could always try making a new account/profile if you can't get a new password. x0x0
Casey L.

by pandalover4ever on 7/6/2011 3:59:59 PM

TIPS FOR A HEALTHY LIFE!!!

1) eat good stuff
2) try and have ONLY 1-2 small desserts a day (MAX)
3) exercise at least 3 times a week
4) GET OFF YOUR BUTT!

If you do all you can to stay fit, that's best you can do!!!

by colorqueen101 on 7/6/2011 1:31:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD So my family is leaving for a cruise in 3 days. I have 2 questions... 1. they have amazing food on the ship, but usually i end up eating a lot of it because it's sooo good! what should i do to make myself not? i mean i'm very good about eating enough fruits and veggies and everything im supposed to have throughout the day, but i just have too much dessert... 2. i have to share a room with my bro and i KNOW he will be mean to me for no reason like he always does... my parents room is like on the same floor but a few halls down... so ya

Hey girl. As far as food goes, try to go for fruits and veggies you like and give yourself a limit to how many desserts you have a day. All that not so good for you food could make you feel sluggish on your vacay! When it comes to your brother, you shouldn't be in the room all the time so when you are try to be nice to him and if it gets really bad talk to your parents.

mary h.

by oceanlover69 on 7/6/2011 10:18:23 AM

I love my farmers market. They have the BEST fresh lemonade Smile But there is the best framers market in PA...it is giant and AWESOME!

by topchef88 on 7/6/2011 10:06:39 AM

MOD MOD MOD so we're leaving for a cruise in 4 days (well actually we have to leave to go on the plane in 3 days.) and i keep looking at videos and reviews and stuff of the ship, cuz u know im excited! but my mom keeps telling me to stop, and it should all be a surprise. but maybe she likes surprises but i like to know before hand!!! what should i tell her?

Hey babe. Don't tell her anything--that way she can still be suprised!

mary h.

by oceanlover69 on 7/6/2011 9:52:03 AM

MOD MOD: I have a problem. I'm always finding myself eating tons of junk foods when my parents aren't in the house. And my mom and dad get upset when they see how much I eat and they tell my I'm gonna die early (20s) because I can get a heart disease or diabetes because ppl in my fam have died of that before. They want me to see a psychiatrist because they believe I have a mental problem along the lines of food. I'm embarrest to talk to him/ her. How do I get rid of the embarrestment? I think I have an "excessive eating disorder". What do I tell him/ her? When my parents yell at me for my disorder, I tell them I have a problem but it doesn't help. How do I make them stop yelling at me? I already weight 202.5 lbs and im 12. Frown

Hey babe. I've always struggled with weight and let me tell you, diabetes is really scary. I recently lost 30 pounds because I was pre-diabetic at 220. I'm still working on it. Seeing someone really could help. Swallow your pride and remember that nothing leaves that office unless you are hurting yourself. Also, ask your rents about seeing a nutritionist or a medical doc. There might be more going on outside of your head. I'm sorry that your parents yell at you. Please know that you aren't alone. <3

mary h.

by nerdyprincessxo on 7/6/2011 7:04:52 AM

Moderator!
I CANT bikr ride! I really really want to learn but my dad tried to teach my by going down a hill without my training wheels but i lose m ybalance & fall off & i dont want that to happen if that's gonna happen when i really ride it. I had a really bad bike riding accident & im still fearing from that. @ my camp we go bike riding all day every thursday & i dont wanna make a fool of myself with training wheels on. How can i learn to ride a bike (have 0.000000 balance) & overcome my falling fear?

Hey girl, the thong about riding a bike is it's very easy to pick up where you left off; you just have to get back in it again. Ask your dad to ride with you or help teach you the second time. Make a plan to become more confident/work on it before camp starts. You've got time -- use it and don't be afraid to confront your fears.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by kikikim8 on 7/5/2011 9:21:52 PM

I had my first period from June 24th - June 28th. When shuld i get it again?

Every 28 days

by oceanlover69 on 7/5/2011 5:55:07 PM

Hey everyone, Hollie here!

Check out two of my new clubs (if their still under moderation I apologize!!)

Boys, Boys, Boys!

Jelena Fans!

Thanks Tong love u!

by holliesuxx on 7/5/2011 5:49:33 PM

Tomorrow, I'm going to be home alone a lot of the day (well my mom's employee will be here but she just stays in our in-home office) because my mom, aunt, brother, and boy cousin are going somewhere. i'm allowed to go but i just don't want to cuz my brother and cuzin will gang up on me, and my mom and aunt will be talking... not my idea of a fun day. i'm not allowed to bake or go outside (unless it's in our backyard) so what should i do all day? (from like 9 to 4)

Try watching a movie or reading a book Smile

by oceanlover69 on 7/5/2011 5:43:15 PM

In a few days, my family is leaving to go on a cruise. i personally like just walking around by myself sometimes, just to explore, but I don't think my parents will let me! They will let me if I go with my 17 year old brother, but he'll say no, I know he will. I am very responsible and we've been on cruises before and I never got lost when I walked around with my cousin (she didn't know where we were going, I was able to figure it out.) So what should I say to them? Obviously I can't tell them I'm call them when I get to certain places, cuz cell service duznt work...
Also, im sharing a room with my bro and I know he will be always hogging the TV and being annoyiung and stuff... I know we will barely be spending ANY time in our room, but still... i don't want him to bug me like he always duz!! thank you soooo much for ur help Smile

Talk to your parents about going out on your own (or with your cousin) and figure out--together--the best way to communicate while you are away

by oceanlover69 on 7/5/2011 4:57:45 PM

I want to go on a bike ride now, and I have to tell my mom if I'm going out. But if I tell her, she'll want to come with me. And I really don't want her to come. What should I do?

Talk to her about the possibility of riding alone and seeing if you guys can work something out

by oceanlover69 on 7/5/2011 4:52:48 PM

Mod mod mod
I subscribe to gl. When should I expect to get the new issue? Thnx!

Give it one to two weeks

by Oceanlover69 on 7/5/2011 4:02:48 PM

I am a GL subscriber - when should I expect to get my new issue?ks

Few weeks Smile

by oceanlover69 on 7/5/2011 2:49:51 PM

do u, the girls of GL get bored often??
if so, come join my club "Boredom Needs to Go Away!!!"
here we will discuss anything to get rid of boredom and what we do when we are bored: at school, home, or any where!!
hope to hear from ya soon!
-bri

by briblue3 on 7/5/2011 2:16:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
My cousins are coming to visit in a few weeks and I need to know some super cheap ways to decorate a bit in my house,throw pillows,stuff like that. Also,how can I help my mom clean the house as much as I can?

Hey girl,

Check out our "Redo Your Room" section on the site. There are a bunch of great ways to decorate inexpensively. Also, to help your mom, start vacuuming, dusting, and wiping down your tables and countertops until everything's sparkling! x0x0
Casey L.

by MadMaddie911 on 7/5/2011 1:55:24 PM

modmodmod
what is the difference b/w antipersperant and deodorant?

Hey girl,

Deodorant is used to mask the smell from sweat and hide the signs that you're sweating. Anti-perspirant, on the other hand, stops your body from sweating and prevents the sweat from leaving your body. x0x0
Casey L.

by superstarlala on 7/5/2011 1:42:27 PM

Modmodmod
I'm 14 and I haven't started wearing deodorant yet but I'm going to get some. How should I choose what kind to get? There are so many choices

Hey girl,

There are a lot of choices, but if you figure out what you want before you start looking, it'll really help. Do you want scented or unscented? Or maybe clinical strength? When you narrow down those options, it'll be easier to choose. Also, it's kind of a trial-and-error thing, so it may take a couple times for you to find a deodorant that you love and will want to stick with.
Casey L.

by SuperstarlalA on 7/5/2011 1:25:00 PM

Cool! We always get up early to go to the farmers market! I got these berries last week and I don't even know what they are but they are very yummy!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 7/5/2011 11:49:58 AM