10 HOURS AGO Do you think smoking is a big deal? http://t.co/wRmpH82b03

13 HOURS AGO 5 ways to remix your salad routine: http://t.co/ritxTtorOn

14 HOURS AGO 5 furry friends you need to follow on Instagram ASAP: http://t.co/PVxAb5RkaE

COMMENTS

Cool down with an unexpectedly yummy veggie smoothie

Don’t wanna eat your veggies? Drink ’em!

MOD
ok so i had a photo shoot with my mom, she is my photographer. i was super excited! so we went to take the pics blah blah. and when we came home she showed us (my family) the pictures. i looked really bad. and its not her fault when i say looked bad i mean i looked really big! my brother is skinny as a stick, and i was standing next to him so it made me look even more huge! i started to cry cause i never thought i looked bad with my body shape but after looking at the pics i feel horrible! and a few weeks ago my auntie who i was really close to said i she thinks i should loose weight. my mother said to me i dont and im beautiful and my grandma was 6'4" so im still growing, and she does that to everyone. and when she said that i never talked to her again but im starting to believe she was right. i just feel every other plus size girl looks so beautiful! but never me. how can i make myself feel pretty. cause im starting to think everyone thinks im looks at me as fat. :"(

Hey girlie,

This is all about confidence, not about your bod. Are you eating well, with a balanced diet and an average amount of snacks? Are you getting enough physical activity (even if it's just walking) every day? And are you getting enough sleep? Those are what you should be worried about most - keeping up on those three things will help you make sure you're HEALTHY, which is most important! As for your shape, make sure you're dressing your body in the most flattering ways. Do some research! And remember to surround yourself with people who support you and make you feel amazing. That means either having a serious chat with people who bring you down (like your auntie), or cutting them out/not paying attention to them all together. Instead, spend time with your mother and your friends who love you. If you're concerned, chat with mom and write in a journal to get out all of those bad feelings. Your mom is right, love - you ARE beautiful! You just need to remind yourself of that and hold your head high every day so you continue to believe it <3
Lauren C.

by j4zm09 on 7/4/2011 11:45:06 PM

I luv spinach!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 7/4/2011 4:57:32 PM

do you have the nutritional information for recipes in the articles? it says all of the recipes are healthy but i would really like to know the nutritional info, if possible. thanks Smile

Hey girl,

I don't have specific nutritional info for them (everything we've got is included in the articles), but this is a great suggestion! I'll pass it along for future articles we write Smile
Lauren C.

by thestoryofus on 7/4/2011 4:48:59 PM

That looks really nasty. Tong

by Alle93 on 7/4/2011 3:07:42 PM

I want to try this. I like most of those veggies. I wonder how they taste blended up? Tong

by Catlover4723 on 7/4/2011 12:31:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
Last summer I kinda threw a fit when I didn't eat all my dinner,and my cousin,who didn't eat any of her dinner,got a cookie. I was super embarrassed. How canm I learn to eat all that's on my plate unless I'm full?

Hey babe! It takes about 15 minutes for your body to know you're full, so eat slowly. If you're full then stop eating, never overeat. I don't ever feel bad for not eating everything that's on my plate. Another way is to put less food on your plate. That way you can finish everything and not overeat. Good luck! xoxo
Jess W.

by MadMaddie911 on 7/4/2011 11:36:49 AM

That's like a veggie smoothie! But I actually think it might taste good.

~Do you want to know more healthy ideas? Do you ask the Moderators questions? Type "MOD" on almost every GL comment you post? Do you want advice on anything, including health, beauty, fashion, school, boys and money? Then come to my club called Beauty, Fashion and Health Advice! I will give out advice (and you can, too!). Spots for VP, Secretary, etc. open.~
~~You can search for this club, or come to my profile and just click on it!~~

by Freakout911 on 7/4/2011 10:50:01 AM