1 HOURS AGO The least awkward way to talk to your mom about sex: http://t.co/nJUDIv8mDL

4 HOURS AGO Throw the best #Friendsgiving feast ever: http://t.co/CfwBynu3mF

5 HOURS AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

COMMENTS

Why do my fingers turn red when I'm cold?

Is it normal for my fingertips to turn red or feel stiff?

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've bitten my nails a lot for almost seven years. Some of them are deforming and I really want to stop the habit as well as the ugly result. I've heard fake nails make the real ones start to vanish, but some other sources say the real ones will grow under the fake ones. I know the reason why I'm biting, which is (please don't think I'm crazy or really strange) that I like the texture when I grind a nail between my teeth. I eventually break down the nail in my mouth and swallow it! It's gross and I've always been trying to stop. It slowly decreased this year, but no effect so far. I even peel the nail sometimes! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

You definitely have a nervous habit- most people do! Try painting your nails (the taste might keep you from biting them) and talking to your doctor about ways to break the habit.

xo

Caroline C.

by musicalmimz2000 on 7/8/2013 3:20:38 PM

Where can I get clothes for an athletic body? I'm a swimmer and have the muscles and swimmer shoulders to go with it LOL. I love my body shape, but it makes finding jeans and shirts impossible! I pretty much gave up on button downs and most kinds of t-shirts except for the cheap shapeless kind you get at events. I love the skinny jeans look, but they're always too tight in the legs! Where can I get clothes that look good on me and fit me?

Hey girl,

Maxi skirts will look great on your athletic frame. For jeans, make sure you're looking for stretch denim for a more comfortable fit. Any tanks or tops with adjustable straps will work too. Check out this GL body shape decoder:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/06/The-scoop-on-body-shapes.aspx?cp=all

(Swimmers typically fit in the "Apple" shape) Then pick up our latest issue for some body shape- based style tips.

xo

Caroline C.

by lol1029 on 7/1/2013 4:48:27 PM

I'm a figure skater, so I live with numb fingersFrown. So cold! But my crush who I only see on Sundays, attempts to warm my hands by rubbing them in between his hands. That totally works! ;) but sadly my hands are rarely cold on Sundays...

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 4/10/2013 9:12:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
answer ASAP!
Ok, maybe it's not important, but I need to know my body shape! I have genetically larger arms that are full of muscle, but don't look it at all until i flex them, B cup, small rib cage and waist, big hips, not but, medium thighs, slightly knocked knees, small calves and ankles. My tummy could use a lil summertime tuckSmile But, that'll be gone over the summer. I just look so awkward in so many different clothes, and it irks me. Help!

Hey girlie, if you search online for a body shape calculator you can enter your measurements into the calculator and it'll tell you what your body shape is. I'm awful at figuring out body shapes, so I'm not sure what you are without measurements.

Lauren T.

by Danerka on 4/1/2013 8:04:29 PM

modmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmod
Lately I haven't been feeling very good. I've been getting a lot of sleep, but today I took a 4 hour nap even after 10 hours of sleep. I have a headache and an earache also,and I just really want to go to bed. Is there a way (other than going to the doctor) to figure out what's wrong? How can I get rid of whatever it is?

Hey ! No, the only way to know is to see a doctor

Helen S.

by GoofyBall246 on 3/30/2013 3:52:42 PM

modmodmodmodmodmod
sooo
i am in hawaii right now and the plane rids are supppppeeeeerrr long. i live on the east coast, making it a really long ride. do u have any tips to pass the time? i have a nintendo ds, a book, and i can't sleep AT ALL on the plane. also, i feel weird toward the end of the plane. i feel SOOOOOOO tired and SOOOOOO thirsty. i think that on the first plane ride, i got something from a sick passenger or something. so what do i do to avoid that (sry for the long question)

Hey girlie,

A DS will definitely keep you entertained, and so will some great books (and magazines like GL, obviously Smile ). You could also bring an ipod if you have one! And it's normal to feel weird on the plane -- if you're tired but can't sleep, maybe bringing a pillow or eye mask would help. And you can fill up a water bottle or buy a drink once you're in the airport, so you don't have to go thirsty! And if someone around you is sick, maybe bring hand sanitizer and try not to get too close!

Meghan D.

by pandasrock292 on 3/23/2013 12:20:21 AM

MODMODMODMOD
does this sound like a good routine??cleanse,tone ,moisturize,concealer,translucent powder,vaseline on eyelashes, tinted lip a balm and lip gloss.
any suggestions??

hey girl! sounds like a great routine. I'm not sure if you need both the balm and the gloss, but hwatever works!

xoxo

Katie L.

by olivia19 on 3/22/2013 2:51:50 PM

any suggestions??

by olivia19 on 3/22/2013 2:29:43 PM

modmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmodmod
I have a gold shimmer powder and i don't know where to apply it?where should i put it.eyes,lips,face????

hey girl! you could use that as eyeshadow or highlighter. I'm thinkin' you know how to use eyeshadow, so I won't go over that (just sweep it on your lids!). For highlighter, sweep a little right under the arch of your brows, along your cheekbones, and maybe even a bit in the middle of your forehead and the tip of your nose. It'll illuminate and brighten your face!

xoxo

Katie L.

by olivia19 on 3/22/2013 1:15:32 PM

Hey ladies, it would be so cool if you could check out my club, Style Spy. It's all about fashion, makeup, hair, and style (duhh). We currently have two officer positions available, all you have to do is apply and it could totally be you! Thanks! <3

by ACaseOfMistakenIdentity on 3/21/2013 11:02:19 PM

I get that too, I never researched it and I thought it was bad blood ciculation, but it goes itchy. Sometimes, after swimming in cold water, it happens on my legs as well. I'm guessing it's the same thing.

by PeculiarGurl on 3/1/2013 2:40:39 AM

Omg i wrote this question! I didnt think they would actually answer it LOL. That was so nice! Thanks for answering!

by ninjaunicorndrama on 7/23/2011 2:59:01 PM

Mod, I have a little fever, how do I get rid of it fast?

Hey! schedule an appointment with your doctor, he or she can make you feel better Smile

Helen S.

by lindseyd9 on 7/13/2011 5:47:10 PM

MOD:MOD:MOD ive been havong nightmares 4 a week, What gives?

Sounds like something in your life that has you worried has manifested itself in your dreams

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by juliajellybeans on 7/12/2011 5:06:24 PM

None of this happens to me... all that DOES is that I get frostbite when it's cold and my fingers turn all prune-y sometimes...

~DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT PATRIOTIC STYLE? DO YOU ASK THE MODERATORS QUESTIONS? TYPE "MOD" INTO ALMOST EVERY COMMENT YOU POST? DO YOU WANT ADVICE ON ANYTHING, INCLUDING HEALTH, BEAUTY, FASHION, SCHOOL, BOYS AND MONEY? THEN COME TO MY CLUB CALLED BEAUTY, FASHION AND HEALTH ADVICE! I WILL GIVE OUT ADVICE (AND YOU CAN, TOO!). SPOTS FOR TREASURER, ETC. OPEN.~
~~YOU CAN SEARCH FOR THIS CLUB, OR COME TO MY PROFILE AND JUST CLICK ON IT!~~

by Freakout911 on 7/5/2011 6:38:28 AM

MODMODMOD ok i was at a sleepover a couple of days ago, and i remember stepping on something while i was barefoot and having a little sharp pain at first, but then it went away very quickly.Then, when i woke up the next day, i looked at my foot and saw a kind of insect bite that was very itchy, but if you start itching it, it starts to hurt, and there is a very little bruise by it. What kind of bite is this?

Hey babe! This could be any kind of bug bite, from a bee sting to a spider bite. Ask you mom too what you should do. Definitely have someone look at it just in case it was a bee and you still have the stinger stuck in your foot. Just put some benedryl cream on and a band-aid and you'll be as good as new in no time. xoxo
Jess W.

by sammy4457 on 7/4/2011 9:02:35 AM

What a coincidence! My sister just BROKE my ring finger!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 7/3/2011 5:59:03 PM

my hands and feet stay cold... unless i'm out side during the summer. they are freezing cold right now, actually.

by oboeguardgirl on 7/3/2011 5:11:41 PM

My fingers turn purple and so do my finger nails and my hands feel so cold when I am at school or inside any building really. My sister has this same issue! Runs in the family, I guess? Smile

by abbeyroad99 on 7/3/2011 4:43:35 PM

Ugh- during the winter, my hands and feet are ALWAYS reddish-purple. It's so annoying and unnatractive! D:

by thecupcakequeen on 7/3/2011 2:43:56 PM