11 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

12 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

13 HOURS AGO Excited to be back at school? Show off your new nerdy nails that girls will die for! http://t.co/HljuRfVyHY

COMMENTS

Can't make eye contact!

When I talk to people, I can’t look them in the eye…

I'm not that insecure, but i have trouble looking into peoples eyes. I would try and squint and desperately want to look away. When I look in peoples eyes. The whole conversation seems awkward. Lauren T.

by goldforever on 3/18/2013 5:34:03 PM

I have the same exact problem. When I talk to people, even my best friend, I don't look them in the eyes. I'm not insecure or anything but I just don't like looking people in the eyes. And for me people have pointed it out and stopped me while I talk to tell me that they're not behind them and I try my hardest to look at them but it just doesn't feel right to look people in the eyes.

by hellothisisgiraffe on 8/1/2012 3:07:28 PM

Good advice!

Please visit my Advice Queen page! I really like to give advice to peeps Smile just post a question and i will answer it on your profile as soon as i see it.

by basketballcutie11 on 12/23/2011 5:36:13 PM

I can NEVER look into a boys eye.Only for like 3 seconds,then look off somewhere else.How do I stop?

Hey girly,

The best thing to do is not to think about it as "looking in a boy's eye." Think about it like you would if you were looking into your bestie's eye. If you look away, force yourself to look back. It will take some practice but you can do it!

Catie C.

by JordanDArose on 12/22/2011 7:43:29 AM

Same problem here I don't know why but it's just really hard for me.

by pinkkitty13 on 11/24/2011 9:28:35 PM

MODMODMODMOD
hi! my best friend and i like the same guy. everything was fine until she found out that he likes her and now he knows tht she likes him. How do i win him back? also, i gave him my number and asked him to text me....but he didn't, he texted her instead. Please help! Thnks Smile
Jess

Hey Jess,

Eh... prob not a good idea, girl. It's awesome that you aren't discouraged and want to win him back, but you can't force him to like you. And if you try too hard to do so, it'll only make you look bad. Instead, I would let them sort this out. Let them talk and see if they like each other enough to date/make more of this crush. After some time passes, they'll either date, fizzle out, or nothing will happen at all. Either way, stay friends with both of them and support them. That way, if this crush runs its course, you'll be there as a good friend without burning any bridges (aka without ruining any friendships)...and you can flirt a little with him to see if he might have any crush feelings for you Smile
Lauren C.

by musiclover98 on 11/19/2011 11:04:54 PM

Okay... but what if I have like a SERIOUS problem with eye contact. Every time I try to look someone in the eye, I feel like I'm about to cry. It's so embarrassing! Help!

by HaleyofTroy on 8/1/2011 11:55:06 PM

MOD

Hey chica, I am so, so sorry to hear that you are feeling so down on yourself.  Even if you made big mistakes, you have to learn to forgive yourself and make the best of things moving forward.  I think it would be great if you could find an adult you trust that you could talk to.  I understand if it's too tough to talk to your 'rents right now, but you could consider talking to a teacher, counselor, aunt, or grandparent.  It's difficult to do that, I know, but it will be worth it.  If it doesn't work out with one adult you approach, don't give up.  You deserve to get support, no matter what happened in the past.  This article has tips for approaching an adult (doesn't have to be parents!):  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/25/How-to-talk-to-parents-about-tough-stuff.aspx  xoxo

Marie H.

by GoGreenGoPeace on 7/22/2011 9:38:32 PM

MOD MOD MODi have a problem with my friend leslie. every single time we see each other we fight constantly. she always points out the unnessicary and is not very supportive of something i really belive in (animal rights). i want to stop being friends but how should i tell her. also, our family already invited her to a premier and its rude to uninvite her but i dont want to even be around her.
what should i do?
Ivy
p.s my mom will get mad if i ignore her at the premier so how do i talk to her? G

Try talking to her about how you feel about your fighting as of late and how you two can possibly fix things between the two of you. If all else fails you can tell her that you'd like to take a break

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by britgirlivy on 7/19/2011 8:42:58 PM

If you look at their nose, it will look just as if you are looking into their eyes. Works like a charm!

by tennisGRLY9 on 7/18/2011 12:39:00 PM