10 HOURS AGO Setting the alarm to wake up for school tomorrow *crying a little inside*

10 HOURS AGO BTS shopping already done? We know a true fashionista is never REALLY done shopping, especially for fall!: http://t.co/aoMznFbTBq

12 HOURS AGO Favorite if you put off your homework until last minute on sunday! #Procrastinator #AndIllDoItAgain

COMMENTS

Why do people set me up with guys I don't like?

I am Asian-American, and I hate when people match me up with Asian boys I don’t like and act like we’re supposed to be together...

I've like this guy since the third grade.Now we're in grade 5 and he does know I like him. Next year he's going to a gifted school and I'm going to a public school. I am not allowed to date but what am I supposed to do? I think about him all the time?? How can I get over him next year and find a new crush?

by flowersandpearls on 5/18/2013 12:23:55 PM

Mod! Smile
I've been friends with this boy in my grade since we were 2 years old, we're 15/16 now, and our families are super close (and we live one house over from each other). I've had a couple boyfriends, he's never dated anyone. We used to spend a lot more time together, but I haven't seen him as often in school this year (we've had an unspoken code of no talking in school since the fifth grade, anyway). We really are like family, but since we haven't been able to talk as often, I think I may have started crushing on him. But I don't know if I actually want to act on it now - if I ruin our relationship, I'll regret it forever. Should I just ignore the feelings for now, or try to change our relationship?

Hey girl! Tricky situation! I would try to get to know him better as a friend and talk a bit more often with him. Try feeling out if there's a chance he may be crushing a bit, too. Then, you can decide whether or not you want to take it to the next level.

xo

Taeler L.

by fedorachick189 on 4/15/2013 5:41:07 PM

I wouldnt worry about getting rejected, just try and get to spend time with him without him thinking you are hitting on him. Maybe you can study together or meet up somewhere with other people around. And it shouldnt matter if you are in the 6th grade, if you like him go for it now, in the 7th or 8th grade you may find someone else you like or he may find someone. Summer is coming up so it may be a good time to spend time together like swimming or going to parties.

by fashionqn on 4/11/2013 5:49:29 PM

Please answer mine!!!!! I have a crush on one of my guy friends, but I'm not even sure if he likes me. I'm pretty sure I'm in the friend zone cause I'm only in 6th grade.. but I was thinking to ask him out in 7th or 8th grade, but I'm afraid to get rejected! HELP!!

by lunarwolf9 on 4/9/2013 9:36:09 PM

Okay please answer this! I keep on thinking I have a crush on my neighbor. But I don't want to date him. His parents watch us too, because of what happened to my brother and his sister. And I don't want that to happened between me and my neighbor. Its really bothering me. And it's kinda hard to tell my parents this. Can you help me to forget about it?

Hey BlownAwayCMU12, you and your neighbor aren't your sister and his brother. You are separate people. You know that you'd never let that happen, so don't stress about it. You'll be fine girl. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by BlownAwayCMU12 on 4/9/2013 7:53:52 PM

I like an asian guy and whenever I tell someone they're like "woooah you like an asian?" as if it matters. It's really annoying.

by sarahaqua17 on 4/8/2013 11:38:02 PM

Mod Mod Mod
My mom is really getting on my nerves. I had instagram on her phone, and I only used it a few times. I went on her phone the other day and deleted instagram because I figured it had no purpose on her phone anymore. She got all mad at me and said she checked it few times during the week to check up on what's going on in the middle school world. I think this is a total invasion of privacy and flipped out on her. She said as a mother she should have access to my instagram account. I said it's fine to ask to look at my pictures, I will show them to her, but looking at the pictures my friends and classmates posted? I think that's wrong. Then my mom started yelling at me saying she thinks I don't tell her anything anymore because last weekend, my friends and I met up with some guys from school at the mall to hang out and I forgot to tell her. I told her eventually. We only saw the guys for like a half hour, I didnt think it mattered to tell her. What should I do ?

Hey girlie, I think you and your mom need to find a common ground. Sit down together and decide together where you get a little privacy and where it's okay for her to be a part of your life and what things you need to tell her. If you already know how each situation is supposed to work out, there won't be any more fights.

Lauren T.

by eaglette on 4/8/2013 8:29:59 PM

Im trying to make new friends this year but I am kinda shy. Ive been talking to new people but I havent made any real friends yet. How can I do it? Help!!

Hey girlie, to make real friends, you need to pick the people you've liked talking to and keep talking to them. Get to know them better and eventually the friends part will come naturally.

Lauren T.

by Kara02 on 4/8/2013 8:29:24 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I love guy friend at my school so much. I just told him that I have a crush on him, because I thought it might be too much to tell him that I love him just yet.He said that he likes me too, but isn't ready for a yet. He said that maybe someday. I know he was telling the truth because he says this to all the girls he likes, and if a girl confesses a crush she has on him to him and he doesn't like her, he turns them down. I'm going to give him time and space. I told him that I like him two weeks ago. I've been thinking I'll keep liking him for maybe three months and then I'll try to move on if he isn't ready by then. He said maybe to his last girlfriend, and his last girlfriend apparently nagged him all of the time about it and squeezed a yes out of him. I'm NOT going to do that because that would just be annoying, but I'm worried. Do you think there will be more between us? I'll try to move on if I must, but It'll be hard because I love him. Do you have any advice?

Hey girlie, maybe means there's a possibility. But it's good that you've already set a time limit. Three months is good because if he's not ready by then, he's probably not ever going to be. Keep your options open in the meantime. You don't want to miss out on another great guy because you're hung up on this one.

Lauren T.

by hermionegirl12 on 4/8/2013 7:52:57 PM

Well, I guess your friends are a little bit racist, aren't they? Are they going to say that you should take your friend out for Asian food and sit on a mat and I really can't continue right now. Just tell your friends that you would appreciate if they didn't do that. If they continue, they're not real friends. Moving ON!

by transform2314 on 4/8/2013 3:53:21 PM

i noe how she feels. at my old scool my buds would set me up wit guys who were my race only. i thought it was intimidating. nd everytime i say i like someone whos outta my race they think we'd b a terrible couple. confusing rite?

by Camryn123 on 11/20/2011 6:44:20 PM

I am offering up all of my clubs to other people, because I am not in a position to keep them running. Instead of deleting them, I would like to transfer ownership. Here are the ones that are up for grabs:

Helping Out Club
Girl 2 Girl Talk
Performing Arts Club
The Trauma/Drama of Middle School

just leave a message on my profile

by basketballcutie11 on 8/22/2011 7:14:47 AM

Yeah represent Asians! I'm Filipino. But thats so true, just because you're asian doesn't mean that you HAVE to date other Asian guys. Its up to you to decide who you want to date.

by danceqtqueen on 8/5/2011 2:51:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so this guy really likes me and he is 17 and I am 15. I don't really like him but he has told me over and over that he likes me. He is sooooooo sweet but I'm still not into him so when he asked me out I told him my mom wouldn't let me date him because of his age. Then he said that we could still kiss without anyone knowing. I told him I want to get to know him better first before anything happens. How do I tell him I don't like him and I just want to be friends? I don't want to hurt his feelings. Thanks Smile

Hey girly,

This may be a little uncomfortable, but you need to be completely honest with him. Tell him that you think he's really sweet and you'd love to be his friend, but you're not really interested in dating him. His feelings might be a little hurt because he likes you, but if you're honest with him it's better than pretending to like him and leading him on. Good luck! x0x0

Casey L.

by wafflez247 on 7/20/2011 7:51:11 AM

Thats not right just cuz ur asian doesnt make it that u have to be with Asians!
PINOYxSLOVENIAN (IM PINOY)
Smile

LOl see it doesnt matter

by cre8tive_2114 on 7/19/2011 12:31:58 PM

@LOLgirlly1: What do you mean? Talk to the Mods online or like write to them? If you need advice or have a question, just say MOD MOD MOD, before you ask your question they should answer on here! Idk there address if that is wat ur wondering...lol!! Sorry Frown

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 7/16/2011 10:48:35 PM

O wow this happen to me! I'm African American, and this guy thought me and this African American were good and try to set us up...I set that guy straight, just because we were the same race, doesn't mean I like him! Glad u posted this GL <3

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 7/16/2011 10:44:01 PM

hey guys how do we write to you i keep looking for it in the magizine but i can't find it plz help

by LOLgirlly1 on 7/15/2011 10:51:31 AM

Mod! I need some advice whenever I like a guy it never goes past me liking him into a relationship they never become my boyfriend seems like the only guys who have ever showed interest in me were jerks or watt older guys I can't connect with any guy cos I'm not friends with many guys my age and I'm not good at talking/ flirting With them Soo what can I do to be more flirty and let them know I like them seems like im never gonna get a boyfriend

Hey girl, I know it may seem like having a bf is everything now, but trust me, these things happen when you least expect them to. Someday you'll find a guy who feels the same way you do and it'll be amazing. But until that day, don't force it. Be yourself around guys and know you don't need a boyfriend to be complete.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Colorful1 on 7/14/2011 9:10:34 PM

ugh, that would bug me. just base the person on your similarities... tell your friends that!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
are you in need of advice? weather it's; boys, tough stuff, periods, puberty, or anything you want to ask!i have been through a lor girlys! just stop on by my profile (<3luvlife<3) and click on the Dear Daisy club. I go on GL everyday, so i will be able to get to your questions ASAP!
<3luvlife<3

by <3luvlife<3 on 7/12/2011 11:33:51 PM

You should just date whoever YOU want. Not what your friends want.  Casey L.

by allyson1124 on 7/12/2011 2:08:27 PM

haha this happens to me too!

by retef on 7/12/2011 1:47:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD There's this guy that's liked me since elementary school. This year I finally started liking him back and he asked me out. Then he broke up w/ me because he was "testing" me 2 c what I would say. He apologized and wanted 2 get back 2gether but I said no, and he got really angry and said all these horrible things. He asked me out several times after that and I said no. Now, 2 months later he says he's changed and really wants 2 go out again. I said I wanted 2 b friends first and he said "let's go out again when school starts ok?" I said yes because I still kinda liked him. But now he's being really immature and I would never go out w/ him again. But I don't want him 2 get really mad like last time and have everything happen all over again. How do I fix this??? Plz help!!! Thanx so much!!!

Hey girl. This guy doesn't sound worth your time. Try talking to him about it, but don't loose any sleep over him. Any guy that 'tests' you and then freaks out is a jerk. Seriously, 'testing'! Ugh!

mary h.

by Peace*Love*Converse on 7/11/2011 11:43:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Im going into high school, and for some reason im kinda scared to start dating. Like Ive had crushes on guys here and there, but im not sure if i want a guy just yet. Is that normal? Is it normal to not be so in to guys at 14?? Please help

Hey babe,

It's totally normal not to be ready to date! And it's normal to be a little freaked out too. But just remember that they're guys, not aliens. They're people like you and me, nothing to be scared of Smile There's no pressure to have crushes and date a guy immediately though. Just try to take high school one day at a time. When you find a guy you really like and could see yourself dating, it'll get easier!
Lauren C.

by sapphire1214 on 7/11/2011 9:27:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!! Ok so, my ex-bf and i broke up about 3 maybe 4 months ago and right after we broke up he started going out with this other girl. Then they broke up and now he's telling me that he still loves me, that he wants me back, and he's really lonely without me. While we were dating, we never had any fights, and we were really happy. But i'm not sure how it would go second time 'round. It seems like he's sincere but I don't know. I told my 2 best friends about the whole situation, but they both really hated him when he broke up with me and they obviously still hate him, possibly even more than before, so I really can't trust their judgement on this, which is terrible 'cause I always confide in them with my problems and they always help me out. My BGF thinks that I should get back together with him,, and i trust his opinion. But i'm still not sure. What should I do??? (Sorry this is so long and that parts of it are random and don't really matter)

Hey babe. If you still like him and you guys had a good go of it last time, I would go out with him again. Follow your heart and eventually your friends will follow.

mary h.

by nerdygrrl on 7/11/2011 8:54:13 PM

You should date whoever you want--whether they're white, black, or purple, for that matter.

by peacelovegoogle on 7/11/2011 7:01:12 PM

Hey give your crush the benefit of the doubt. You like him only because he is cute, you might not have much of a chance. You like him for the right reasons and it's more likely he will except you. If not does a guy like that matter?Smile

by thetruth on 7/11/2011 5:55:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD i asked him if it was harder with shelby and he said maybe maybe not. so....idk.

Hey girly,
If he did feel like a third wheel, he probably doesn't want to tell you that. Just try having a convo between just the two of you next time.

Catie C.

by nobody25 on 7/11/2011 4:45:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ok me and my friend and bf did 3way on the phone today and my bf barely even talked. we tried talking to him but he'd answer with really short responses. he said he just didnt know what to say but idk. it kinda upsets me cuz i like him so much but he wont talk. help????

Hey girly,
Try getting him off of three way. He probably felt like a third wheel because your friend was in the convo. Just get on the phone with him alone and see if he will open up a bit more before you decide he's quiet.

Catie C.

by nobody25 on 7/11/2011 4:05:12 PM

MOD!!! my 2 bgf's HATE my bf. They always say bad things about eachother. How do i get them to get alnog?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey girly,
All you can do is take them all aside seperately and tell them that when they are saying these things, they are making you uncomfortable and unhappy. Tell them that if they really are your friends/bf, then they will be mature and put aside their differences for you and at least act nice, even if they don't mean it.

Catie C.

by dancer200014 on 7/11/2011 3:23:29 PM

MOD! Heey Smile I was just wondering but why do most guys only like girls for their looks? Im not saying every pretty girl is like this but sometimes girls who are stunning can be rude. Isn't it whats on the inside that counts?

Hey girly,
Yes, it is the inside that totally counts, but sometimes, a guy takes a little while to get this. Eventually they grow out of this and they will see the beauty inside instead of the outside.

Catie C.

by dragonbee on 7/11/2011 2:02:29 PM

Hey girlies!!! I'm fireworks1071 and I love giving advice! If you need help with boys, beauty, health, fashion, family, school or just plain life, I'm here for you. If you just need a friend when no one else is there, I'm right there with ya! Come check out my profile or my Advice Queens page, plus my five clubs: Future Mrs. Biebers of the Internet, Official Greyson Chance Fan Club, Vampire Academy Fan Club, Christina Grimmie Fan Club and Just Keep Swimming (for competitive swimmers). I'm also VP of Future Celebrities and Treasurer of No Bullies. So come check out my page and leave me a comment. I'm on GL everyday, so I'll be sure to get back to you no later then 24 hours after your question is moderated and posted (unless I'm on vacation, in which case I will leave a notification on my profile). Looking forward to talking to yall!!
Kisses! ~Katie

by fireworks1071 on 7/11/2011 12:44:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
The only guys that like me are the socially awkward ones and the creeps! I don't want to sell myself short, but every guy I like always likes a girl who's prettier, or popular. My friends keep telling me not to give up and that the right guy for me is somewhere out there. I'm going to be a junior next year and I still have had ZERO guys i like, like me back (except for my bgf but that was a complicated mess that I don't count as liking me back). I'm not a creep or socially awkward at all, so how come no normal guys like me?

Hey babe! That's tough, but your friends are right. The right guy will come along, it may not be in high school but he will. I promise. Never settle for a guy you're not interested in. You will find a guy you like who worships you, the way it should be. It's tough waiting, I know, but it'll be worth it to find the one. xoxo
Jess W.

-Don’t miss match
-Have your hair done
-Wear nice shoes
-Have a mint
-Come prepared
-Don’t fall :X
-Address the teachers as “ma’am” and “sir”
ANYTHING ELSE???

Hey girlie! I answered your other post.
Jess W.

-Don’t miss match
-Have your hair done
-Wear nice shoes
-Have a mint
-Come prepared
-Don’t fall :X
-Address the teachers as “ma’am” and “sir”
ANYTHING ELSE???

Hey girlie! I answered your other post.
Jess W.

-Don’t miss match
-Have your hair done
-Wear nice shoes
-Have a mint
-Come prepared
-Don’t fall :X
-Address the teachers as “ma’am” and “sir”
ANYTHING ELSE???

Hey babe! It's great that you're getting excited about the new school year already! You already have some great tips. I usually like to just stick with the basics, have all my work done in advance, look cute and stylish, be confident, never forget my dreams and goals (and always strive to reach them), always support my friends and help them when they need me. These are good goals for life, not only school! xoxo
Jess W.

by Skye.Coral98 on 7/11/2011 10:07:22 AM

That's similar to me. I'm indian so ppl r ALWAYS thinking I like some indian guy in our grade(there's 3 I kno), or they like me. It gets rlly annoying. Y r some ppl prejudice?

by Art Crazy52 on 7/11/2011 10:05:01 AM

Hey, I know what you mean. I'm fully Asian and sometimes it seems like I get what you do. It made me feel better that someone got that question posted.

by kittylover on 7/11/2011 9:05:42 AM

So yesterday me and my BGF were watching Titanic and I was holding his hand. He didnt move or anything and didnt mind. what could this mean? I know he definately used to like me a year ago.

Hey babe! Did he initiate the hand holding or did you? Do you think you like him? How to tell if you're really into him is to decide whether you would rather protect your friendship or if a relationship would be better. If you think you like him then just talk to him and see if he would rather protect your friendship or try a relationship. Good luck! xoxo
Jess W.

by fastbutterflyer on 7/11/2011 8:36:23 AM

~Hey, girls! Want advice ASAP?~
Then come to my club Fashion, Beauty and Health Advice! Anything (not just fashion, beauty and health) is acceptable! No question is too weird, silly, childish, etc!
OR...
Visit my Advice Queen Page! Just ask away and I'll answer away!
AND...
Visit my club MONEY MONEY MONEY if you love money... or even if you just know what money is!
~I check all three clubs daily, so you'll get your question answered quickly, or your money post read!~

by Freakout911 on 7/11/2011 8:18:45 AM