7 HOURS AGO Fresh ways to fab up your farm fruits and veggies: http://t.co/qKD3VLEa2m

10 HOURS AGO 5 adorbs gladiator sandals to gear up in: http://t.co/3JCSg00FV9

12 HOURS AGO LOL your way to flat abs with cute 'n' punny workout tanks: http://t.co/gbVy2dpG7Q

COMMENTS

What's the point of shaving your arms?

I know my mom shaves her arms, and so do some of my friends. Are they doing it to be hygienic, or to fit in?

So, I have dark thick brown hair, and I have a lot of hair on my arms. Whenever I'm around other Hispanic girls, I don't really mind the hair on my arms, but of course, where I live, I'm the only one. Sure, most girls here have hair on their arms, but it's barely noticeable even if they have dark hair. Nobody has ever said anything, but I fear they are just being polite Smile. I'm starting 9th grade soon and am considering shaving it. The thing is, it just looks unnatural...also, I feel too tan. Lol you've probably never heard that one before Smile idk, I know I can't do anything about that, but it still pesters me at the back of my mind. Well, thanks for letting me ramble!

Hey girlie, don't shave your arms! It's going to look and feel really weird when they're stubbly and starting to grow the hair back. Just embrace it! It's a part of who you are, and it's not unusual to have dark arm hair. You're beautiful just the way you are!

Lauren T.

by fanciful ninja on 8/5/2013 8:39:22 PM

And I need something to get rid of it cause all my friends have already noted that I have a lot of arm hair!

by hpseals1 on 8/27/2012 11:59:48 PM

My arm hair is dark brown and almost all the hairs are atleast a centimeter long. Is shaving it a good idea?

by hpseals1 on 8/27/2012 11:58:53 PM

I'm going into 5th grade and I have dark brown hair on my legs. I want to shave sooooooooo bad and I want to start before school. I'm at my Dad's for the rest of the summer and I'm going to text her and ask her. What should I text her? My friend has been bugging me about it for a while!! Help!!

Hey chica! Just say something like, "hey mom, I know I'm at Dad's right now, but I was wondering if you would mind if started shaving. It is something I really want to do and I hope you'll consider it! Thanks!"... But be prepared for her to say no and accept that and then maybe ask about hair removal creams. Hope this helps! xoxo

Carly S.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/23/2012 3:41:59 PM

I'm Italian, so my skin's a little darker than the average person. Will it show up real obvious if I bleach my arm hair?

Hey girl,

It will probably look fine, but you could test a little patch of your arm before bleaching the whole thing to see how it looks.

Meghan D.

by wickedisme on 6/16/2012 12:27:06 AM

MOD! MOD!
So i had really bushy eyebrows and shaved them to a small cut, but now its starting to look really small and the hairs are starting to get darker. So i started plucking, but my eyebrows are still really thin & all my friend's brows arent! what do i do to make it look better!?

Hey girl,

STOP touching them! For now as they grow in, try using an eyeshadow brush to press medium brown shadow into your browline to make them appear a little fuller. Give it some time and hope that they grow back the way they were. From now on, I'd personally go to a professional so you get the right shape/length. You won't have to go every week so it isn't a huge commitment - but that way you make sure you don't make any big mistakes!
Lauren C.

by melmo1998 on 9/8/2011 7:34:30 PM

Hi I have really long hair on my arms they are dark and they are curly and wavy. Many people including myself look at my hair weirdly or call me Ms. Arm Hair. I wanna start shaving but my mom says if I do then it will regrow mor sturdy and darker and do it more than usual. I do ignore it and it works but I dont want it on me. Most people say I have more of my dads features just because I have more hair than my mom

Alyssa B.

by Girl8 on 8/18/2011 4:59:50 PM

i have the opposite problem, there's some people in my grade who make fun of me becuase of my SUPER hairy arms (most of them are guys) but everyone I know thinks its weird to shave there arms, and i think it would be annoying, becuase i would have to do it so often.

by kgscotty on 8/11/2011 10:44:16 AM

honey,
your great the way you are don't let any one ever let them judge your for your appearances if they do they are jealous of you Laughing

by Unique99 on 7/28/2011 7:06:19 AM

you could just use like an electric eyebrow trimmer. It will work the same. And u wond have prickly stubbleSmile

by erinh11099 on 7/21/2011 5:22:52 PM