1 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

4 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

5 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

Why is my period so heavy?

I got my period a week ago and went through one pad every two hours…

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
Please answer ASAP.
How do u insert non applicator tampons? There are no directions on the box, and when I try to push it in with my fingers it hurts a lot! Help?!?!!

Hannah H.

by fantastic8805 on 10/9/2012 2:12:24 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
Please answer ASAP. My period (for the month) just started, and my mom bought me the non-applicator tampons . How do u use them? There are no directions on the box.

Hannah H.

by fantastic8805 on 10/9/2012 1:10:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Thanks for answering my other question! I have another one. Um do u think im under weight?
Im 14 years old, im 5'5 and i weigh 87 pounds. Im also really insecure about my body, cause i feel like im way to skinny. When i wear a bathing suit, u can totally see my ribcage and all my bones. Am i underweight? Also i feel really bad cause all of my friends are like a 36B bra size ans im like a 32A.

Hey girly, no prob! We love helping girls with their questions. 5'5 and 87 pounds does sound pretty thin. Make sure your eating at least 3 meals a day and always eat if your hungry- snacking is okay! Also be sure to get all of your food groups in.  You don't want to be eating only junk food or only veggies all the time, mix it up and make sure your meals are well-rounded and balanced. And I'm no doctor so do talk to your parents about your concerns and call the doc if you want to talk about your weight with a professional. Your doctor is there to listen and knows all about whats healthy and what isnt. And lastly, don't freak about your bod. Everyone has different shapes and sizes and its no fair to compare. Plus, at 14 your bod is still growing and changing.

Lauren I.

by Sarah_12 on 10/8/2012 1:11:27 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My BF and i have been going out for 6+ months now, and its kinda annoying cause he keeps trying to kiss me. I don't feel ready to kiss yet, because im kinda nervous. What do i tell him?

Hey Sarah_14, tell him that kissing is a very important step to you and you're not ready to take it yet. Let him know you want to have it with him but you're just waiting for the right moment. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Sarah_12 on 10/8/2012 12:41:28 AM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod.
I finally got it! I found tweezers (like in the bottom of my moms drawer in her bathroom) and i pulled i out, but i have this cut down there now (i think its from the tweezers) and it hurts.

Yay! I'm glad you got it! Mhmm for the cut try putting peroxide and neosporin on it. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by swifty#1 on 10/5/2012 12:50:41 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
Lynae p.
It doesnt work. Im really scared. I tried pulling it put with my fingers, but it makes my 'down there' hurt.

It may not be coming out since it's dry. Soak yourself in a bathtub for a while and while you're still wet, pretend you have to use the bathroom (a serious #2) and try to pull out as much as you can. No worries lots of girlies have been through this.

Lynae P.

by swifty#1 on 10/5/2012 12:03:48 AM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod lynae p
No i dont have tweezers. What should i do?!????????!!!!

Pretend you have to use the bathroom (#2) and it should come out enough, so you can pull it out. Let me know if this works. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by swifty#1 on 10/4/2012 11:14:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE ANSWER ASAP. Im freaking out.
I'm was going swiming today, and my tampon string kind of showed through my bikini bottoms, so i tried to trim it, i guess i was in a rush because i accidentally cut the entire string off! I dont know what to do! My parents are at work, and im really scared!! It's time for me to change it cause its been 5 hours.

Hey swifty # 1, do you have tweezers you can use to pull it out? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by swifty#1 on 10/4/2012 10:33:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My boobs hurt a lot when i wake up every morning. I dont wear a bra to sleep.
~katie Smile

Hey girl-

Sometimes they can hurt if you're about to get your period? It really just depends, it's normal for a little tenderness though (: xoxo

Alexis G.

by swifty#1 on 10/4/2012 2:22:07 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
I went to the doctor today, and she put me on birth control because my period is so heavy. ( i have to change a super tampon in like 1 1/2 hours) and i was just wondering if it regulates ur period too cause lately my period comes at the weirdest times like i get it on the 21st one month the the next on the 7th. And she also said that while im waiting for the pill to work, i should try using a super plus tampon. But theyre so big and whenever i try to put it 'in there' it hurts a lot! I know how to use a regular tampon, but when i put the super plus tampon in there, it makes my 'down there' sore. Help??!?

Hey girly, birth control can definetly affect your period in a lot of ways. The change in when you get your period is most likely because of your BC. Once your body gets used to the pill, your period should come at a regular time each month. It sounds like the tampon size is causing all the discomfort. It's just stretching your 'down there' more than your 'down there' is used to. Try going slow at an angle and using some lubrication. If a super plus tampon doesn't work for you, don't sweat it and hopefully the new BC will kick in soon. Lastly, I'm not a doc and yours will be able to give you the best answers so don't be afraid to talk to her about any of these questions. That's what she's there for =)

Lauren I.