AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to get crafty with leaves: http://t.co/GaIQEySn8S #DIY

2 HOURS AGO Feelin' uncomfortable about your boobs? We can help: http://t.co/AZVuvbu9d7

3 HOURS AGO 1 lucky winner scores 3 new pairs of kicks, a pair for her BFF, PLUS a $200 gift card from @sugar_brand: http://t.co/zYxfribqfQ

COMMENTS

Bras are so uncomfortable!

I know I'm ready for a bra with cups, but how can I get used to the way it feels?

you should go to justice they have your size there I am 8 and wear a 32aa i buy ones from the oh so soft collection i have two from that collection because i have a soft cup and it feels like you are not even wearing a bra

by pinkcat4305 on 6/4/2013 7:05:14 PM

Hi mod
I rlly need help. Mi sis was a late bloomer so she got her first trainin bra in gr 7. I'm in gr 6 rote now and i no i need a bra now, but idk how to ask my mom. I'm scared that if i tell her that i want a bra she's going to overeact and gush over how i developed earlier then mi sis and tell my hole fam, that would b SOOO embarressing. Idk how to ask for a bra! Can u help me?!?!?!

Hey girlie,

She might gush a little because seeing their daughter grow up is kinda exciting for parents, but try to take a deep breath and let it pass. She'll get used to the idea after a little while! And if you really don't want everyone to know, tell her quietly and honestly that you are a little embarrassed and would really appreciate it if she didn't tell anyone who doesn't need to know. Tell her you trust her and you want to involve her in stuff like this (you want to be able to tell her secrets and ask for her help through your teen years), so you hope she'll understand and will respect your wishes to keep this quiet. If you're straight with her and tell her these things, I think she'll be way cool about it Smile
Lauren C.

by Soybeanlover on 5/3/2012 6:26:12 PM

I have been wearing bras since 4th grade after a while you get used to them.

by cet on 12/23/2011 3:01:00 PM

I really kinda need a bra but I don't know how to ask my mom ..... I don't have real big boobs but their not that tiny.....I also want one before school.....I don't know what to do...help

Hey babe,

Needing a bra is a totally normal - and expected - part of growing up as a girl. Don't feel embarrassed or awkward about asking! Mom has known this was coming since you were born, so it's not gonna shock her. When you go back to school shopping (or if you don't have plans to go, ask mom to come along while you look for new jeans or something), head to the lingerie department and check out the training bras or lightly padded bras meant for tweens and teens. They'll have some really cute styles and your perf size! Grab a few and try them on, asking mom for advice. Make sure you include her and stay open about the whole thing - don't shut her out or feel awkward, and she won't feel awkward herself. It could be a fun day for the two of you! Smile
Lauren C.

by Danielle:)3 on 8/22/2011 7:20:39 PM

Mod!
Ok, so I recently got back from camp, and after camp, I noticed that I had pain in my stomach and legs. A few days after, I also had pain in my breasts. I also am due to have my period next week, but I am not discharging like I usually do. I'm freaking out! I am a virgin and never had a boyfriend, but could I be pregnant? Please help!

Hey babe,

If you have not had sexual intercourse with a guy (or if your "down there" has not come in close contact with a guy's own private parts), you cannot be pregnant. And discharge changes throughout the month - it isn't necessarily always heavier before your period. Don't worry on that one Smile Still, lasting pain in your belly/legs/chest isn't normal so, if it continues, give your doc a call just to be safe <3

Lauren C.

by cheshirecat12 on 8/22/2011 5:56:30 PM

you should got to gilly hicks and get fitted!! they have a huge selection and some of them are really soft!!!you can get ones with barely any padding too so that they're comfortable

by hunnibunnilivi on 8/15/2011 9:30:19 PM

istill<3u: even though i don't wear a bra and probably wont for a loooong time, i'll try to help you out. i think you should pick a time when you and your mom are alone, or maybe the next time you go to the store, and tell her you want a bra. list the reasons why you think you need one, and she'll most likely understand. plus, you might want to get fitted, if you haven't already, to find the right size and style. good luck, girl! xoxo <3

by MusikRox1999 on 8/13/2011 3:19:08 AM

you should try a training bra first before wearing a under wire bra. i had the same problem when i was developing breasts but after a while, i got used to wearing a wired bra.

by sweetAnGel55 on 8/9/2011 10:19:05 PM

kso please you guys, help me out, im scared to ask my mom for a bra :S
im gonna be 13 on august and im going into 8th grade, and i have boobs, not big ones but im still wearing a sports bra, i only have like two pairs :S and no im not poor Tong
and im scared to ask my mom for a real bra, and everytime we go to a store and i see a bra, she just walks by it -.-
help me :S i want a bra b4 going to school !

by istill<3u on 8/5/2011 3:49:33 PM

If you find a good bra, it won't be uncomfortable...it just takes a while to find the right one for yourself.

by savannah.renae on 8/1/2011 6:03:52 PM