AN HOUR AGO 7 fashion terms you should know going BTS: #WeHeartMakeup http://t.co/RauCFd1QNp

15 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

17 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

COMMENTS

Get your biz out there in 3 steps

You'll be rakin' in the dough with our ah-mazing advertising tips...

I want to earn some money over the summer because my dad is struggling to pay bills and I want to save some money up for school next year and a new smartphone. But NO ONE will obviously hire a 13 YEAR OLD to babysit their children or walk their big dogs. Honestly, my auntie said "no one wants a child to take care of another child.". I don't have any other ideas on how to earn money. I have to be at least 16 years old to get a job. I can't do chores for money around the house because my dad needs the money to pay for the bills. I can't open a car wash or lemonade stand because I wouldn't have the money to purchase the supplies to make them. I'm always jealous of the girls who pretty much can buy whatever clothes they want and upgrade to any smartphone they want. Please give me some advice.... Frown

Hey girlie, there might not be many families who want a 13 year old to babysit, but you can find moms who are looking for a mother's helper. Stay at home moms need help with their young children and help taking care of the house. Ask around or use a babysitting website to look for mothers who need help and apply for jobs.

Lauren T.

by monicaisfabuluz on 6/9/2013 7:06:42 PM

Mod mod mod
Okay so I really want to do a summer job, but we aren't really close with our neighbors. We speak when we happen to be gardening at the same time, or at Christmas, but that's it. And there's only one girl my age, we are good friends but her parents give her SO much allowance and she isn't interested in starting a job with me. And my mom doesn't want me doing a summer job except with her friends & their kids, and our next door neighbor (We live on an edge, so we only have one, and they don't need any help). She's VERY overprotective. I feel really awkward asking THEM for money. Like if I start fresh I could get a first impression, but my moms friends... We attend the same parties, their kids are my sister's friends, and I help out a lot completely free, with a smile. I don't want to suddenly ask them to pay me... Any advice?

Hey babe! I see the problem here... It's a toughy. You could try making flyers and giving them to people that your mom approves of, they could say the type of work you can help them with and how much you charge per job or per hour. You could then give this flyer to the family that you have been helping for free and then they can contact you and may start paying you for your work. Best of luck! xo

Caroline M.

by ivy shimmer on 5/30/2013 4:27:37 PM

MOD I have a problem I have a babysitting gig on Friday and the little girls parents wont be back until 11 p.m. and I normaly go to bed at 10 any tips on staying awake?And what is a good rate to charge per hour, i don't want to go overboard with pricing because this is my first babysitting gig and don't know what to charge.

Hey girl! First I would say ten dollars an hour is the norm.  Bring a book, homework or watch TV when you are waiting for the parents to come home.  If you do think you will snooze off, set an alarm for 10:45 just in case!

Elizabeth K.

by clairejc on 5/7/2013 11:31:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD mod mod mod
Heyy, so I need a way to earn money for gas (I am 16 and already got my license and a car) and already have money saved, but defiantly not enough for future gas and repairs. I have been interesting in being a photographer for 6 years now so I was thinking the way to make money is to make some business cards with a website and my cell number on them and tell people to contact me and I could do a cheap photo shoot with them for 50 or more $ which is hundreds less then what a professional costs for photos. My question is, do you think that this could work?? Is there anything that I should watch out for?? Is 50-100$ okay price for the labor, photos, editing and experience?

Hey Girl, It could work, but it might not be enough. I would reccomend you babysit or get a part time job, too. Look into a local photo shop. I'm sorry but I don't know the running price for photography and can't reccomend a certain price. You should keep it low at first because you havn't gone to school for photography, and the cheaper it is the more likely you will get customers.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by icegal on 11/22/2012 11:01:58 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD v
Hi, im stating babysittiing and my elementary school(i just graduated 6th) has this board where people post things like pet siting and babysitting so i thought i should put something there but i read something on GL about u not wanting to put flyers and stuff on public places like grocery stores cause then anyone can have your phone #/email and its dangerous do u think it would be safe to put something in the school?i have to go there anywhere for my lil bro who'll be starting 2nd grade?
THANKS

hey! since the school board is constantly adult supervised, it should be ok, but it's good practice to always be cautious with your info no matter what, so just be aware that you're putting yourself out there.

Helen S.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 7/10/2012 6:47:33 PM

**MOD MOD!!!!!
Hey! Ok so I have come up with a great idea to make extra moolah. The thing is school started already so the fairs and stuff are gone. Are there any other ways to get my biz out there? I don't know if I am allowed to sell at school (my high school may let us but im not 100% sure). How should I get the word out about my awesome new product?
Thanks!! <3

Hey girl, that's tough. You can try posting signs at your local library or telling your friends (letting it travel word of mouth). See if you can advertise in your neighborhood too.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by inluvwithboyz on 9/26/2011 6:57:55 PM

MODMODMOD so i babysit for like only two families, but not so often! i also wanted to pet walk this summer. i have put out 50 flyers for the pet walking. i gave out cards for the babysitting! no one called for the walking!!!!! what do i do??!!??!! i want to make money because im fourteen! it isnt fair. one girl babysits for like everyone. just because she started before me....i need help for ideas! i need moolah! thanks

Pet walking is a hard thing to do because everyone is basically willing to walk their pet hah. I suggest you find a way to put out fliers for pet sitting. People always need someone to watch their pets. So try and find a way to get your name out as a pet sitter Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by ShineShiara on 9/16/2011 5:43:01 PM

I want to earn some money before school starts. For me school starts in a month. Is there any way I could earn $50 in a month? What job would you recommend?
Thanks for the help! ~Katie

by Katiew on 8/11/2011 7:38:22 PM

Hey girls! If you like to read, write or both could you please join my club "Bookworms & Writers"? I am trying to reach at-least 55 members by the end of the week and right now I'm at 43. I would really appreciate your help! Smile
~Lexi♥

by LexilicousCandy on 8/9/2011 10:28:15 PM

MODMODMOD.
hi, i am going to start a pet sitting business and i am very prepared for it. i have already made flyers, information forms, and an email for my business. it is for my very small neighborhood where i know almost everyone.
1. my prices are $8 per hour and $15 per night. is that okay?
2. what should i do if someone drops off a mean dog?
thanks!
<3luvlife<3

Those are good prices. As for the mean dog issue you just have to do your best to settle the dog down and find a way to control it. I bet no on e will really give you their mean dog though. That would be a bit ridiculous. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.