AN HOUR AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

2 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

3 HOURS AGO #DudesDecoded—What "going out" reallllly means: http://t.co/82lzQAmYHK

COMMENTS

3 summer hair trends inspired by celebs

See how the A-listers keep it low-key once the warm weather strikes.

MOD MOD MOD!
In a few hours i will be going to this sports day camp. And i'm terrified. I have my gym clothes and gym bag prepared, but i'm still nervous. Any advice?

Hey babe,

You're just nervous because you don't know exactly what to expect at camp. You've got all the essentials in your bag, so now all that's left is to take a deep breath and have fun! Just be yourself and I know you'll have an amazing time Smile
Lauren C.

by purpleorchid on 7/18/2011 5:55:44 PM

Ha I wish I could do cool curls, or wonderful waves but I have pin straight hair that makes it hard to do anything with. o well Smile
O and if anyone needs some hair advice or anything else Im here 2 help

by savannahc7 on 7/18/2011 5:49:00 PM

I know a lot of girls freeze up around guys. I am the total oppisite! I talk just to keep the convo going. I am afraid i talk 2 much and that i will seem 2 flirty and im usually just trying 2 b friendly. how can i talk less without making awkward pauses?

Hey girlie,

Talking a lot is just a reaction to the nerves you're feeling at the time, so take a deep breath and slow down. Calming yourself down in this way will make your brain calm down too, so you won't be tempted to blurt out every single thing you're thinking. But it's ok to be talkative! If you're an out-going and bubbly personality, talking more than "normal" is totally fine. It's you - and if the guy is gonna like you, he should see you exactly how you naturally are.

And hey, awkward pauses aren't necessarily bad! You can use that brief moment to think about what you'll say next so you don't talk too much, say the "wrong" thing, or make a random transition.
Lauren C.

by swimmerchic96 on 7/18/2011 4:39:06 PM

MOD
I don't know if you can help me with this but I am so bored with my hair. I have a roundish face so I can't go short. Personally, I love my long hair. It's almost midback length. It is a brownish color. I dyed it black once so I don't want to do that again. Any ideas? Everyone says they only way to change up long hair is layers :/ I need something different for the new school year Smile

Hey babe,

No need to sacrifice the length for a new look! Instead, try a long side-swept bang. A set of long layers (not short or too choppy - start mid-neck or lower) can also help to bring some angles to your face's round shape. Soft curls are also super sweet with your face shape! Smile
Lauren C.

by GoGreenGoPeace on 7/18/2011 4:37:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
ok, this is gonna be a long question,hahah.
i do basketball & dance.i hated my old dance studio, so i wanna go to this new one. its an amazing dance studio, & if you do dance there, thats about all that you do.
so basically, i have to pick between dance & basketball.
i would just do basketball this year & dance in my freshman year next year, but im going to a private school for hs! so if i dont do basketball this year, ill never do another team sport with all of my bestfriends again.
& plus, if i go to the new dance studio, ill meet tonsa new girls for high school.
but im nervous, cause what if i pick the dance studio & i end up sucking at dance (because i quit for a year.) & i hate it there? but what if i pick basketball & dont meet any new people?
basically,
im confused.
what would you do if you were in my situation, or if you dont wanna say,what advice could you give me?
thanks a ton, and sorry its such a long question!

Hey girlie,

This is definitely such a tough decision, but unfortunately I can't make it for you. You have to think about what you actually like doing more, rather than the friends you'll make or have doing it.  Yes, of course it's great to have friends there, but you'll definitely make them no matter what you do, so don't worry about that. You just have to think about what would make you happier--dance or basketball--and then pick that one! Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by friendsrforever on 7/18/2011 3:20:05 PM

mod mod mod
I heard that withering tights is a good book. did you read it? cuz i wanna b sure its good beforw i spend my money on it!
another question
What does purple hair look good with? im thinking of dying my hair but not sure
from
ivy Smile

Hey babe,

I haven't read it, but it has a lot of four-star ratings on Amazon...which is pretty good! Can you see if you can rent it from the library before you buy? That way, you can read a bit and see if it's for you. As for your hair, purple hair is a total fashion statement, so you wanna pair that with basic pieces, solid colors (greys, greens, and light blues or turquoises), and lots of black.
Lauren C.

by Britgirlivy on 7/18/2011 3:02:01 PM

MOD!i have light brown hair that is 4-5 inches past my shoulders, im getting my hair cut soon but idk what to do becuz i have absolutely no volume in my hair after an hour or so and i have a long thin face with side baangs, what type of haircut should i get?!?!?!?! THANKS!!! Smile

Hey babe! You're lucky you have a long face! That means you can go short or long with your hair. I would cut it to my shoulders and ask my stylist what products work best for volume. You can keep the bangs, side swept bangs can be really flattering. Once it's shorter it will be lighter and have more natural volume. I don't recommend using a diffuser yet, heat ruins your hair, so save that for special occasions. You can also tweeze your hair! Good luck! xoxo
Jess W.

by musicluva on 7/18/2011 1:32:23 PM

Hey Girlies! Visit my Advice Queen page for advice on just about anything! I will answer your question as best as I can and as fast as I can. Don't worry, I'm here to help you.
<3 sweetooth <3

by sweetooth on 7/18/2011 12:37:01 PM

MOD!!
My hair is thick and straight.. I have a round head and its just past my shoulders. Any suggestions of a new do? Oh and I have blonde hair. Thanks! (:

Hey babe! If you have a round face then try not to cut your hair above your chin, it will just make your face look more round. If you want it shorter then cut it right to your shoulders, or between your shoulders and chin, that's super cute and chic. Think Selena Gomez. Or grow it out and try something else, if your hair curls easily then go for a Blake Lively (still blonde) look. If your hair doesn't curl easily then try a Jennifer Anniston inspired look. Don't be afraid to change your color around too! Good luck! xoxo
Jess W.

by Ekgurl on 7/18/2011 12:33:09 PM

MODMODMOD
I dont know why but its really weird/hard for me to talk to my mom about my period,bras,etc. And i was wondering how can i get myself to feel more comfortable talking about this stuff?I mean i know shes been through it too but i was hoping for more help!
Thank you very much!

Hey babe! That can be a difficult topic for a lot of girls. If remembering that she's a girl too and has gone through the same thing you're going through doesn't help, then just try to think: Ok. She's my mom and will love me no matter what. This is way more embarrassing for me than it is for her. She won't care, in fact, she'll welcome any and all of your questions. That's what she's there for! She wants to help! Good luck! xoxo
Jess W.