1 HOURS AGO Happy birthday, #Virgo! See what the stars have in store this week: http://t.co/wZe6T0EWcq

12 HOURS AGO It's not the @ddlovato + @joejonas reunion that we've been waiting for, but...still, big news for #demi and a #jobro: http://t.co/CRvVglpjZb

13 HOURS AGO Still trying to figure out the whole #iwokeuplikethis thing? Try our 4 secrets for natural beauty and wake up pretty: http://t.co/GEEl1Sjy74

COMMENTS

Do I have to be popular to snag a BF?

I'm not in the coolest clique at school. Will that ruin my chances with guys this fall?

I had that same problem! I'm not what you would call "popular". I had 2 or 3 close friends, no one else really knew who I was. But I got a boyfriend, who likes me for me. Its not always about popularity to get someone who cares.(:

by milkyway on 7/20/2011 12:26:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hey i have a question. from your experience do 1). people start having actual relationships in high school? cuz ya know in middle school, people just "go out" with eachother, sometimes even if they don't like each other, just for the sake of "dating" someone, and they break up after about a week. then the cycle repeats. do people actually go out with someone because they WANT to go out with them, and have relationships that last longer?
2). do guys get better in high school? like actually going for the girls that aren't on the volleyball team, maybe aren't the most obvious choice, but are actually way nicer?
PS. i'm going into 8th grade
sorry for making this long. thanks! Smile <3

Hey girly,

1) Yes, in high school things are usually more serious and people date because they really like someone. And the length of the relationship just depends on the couple. 2) It's hard to have a yes or no answer to this question because each guy's different, but generally guys get more mature (at least by a little) in high school, so hopefully they become less superficial. x0x0
Casey L.

by biffo on 7/20/2011 11:02:18 AM

haha, this doesn't seem to work for me. i'm not popular, and i'm going into 8th grade, and i've never had a bf in my life. but i guess i'm not alone, cuz my bestie is going into 9th grade and is in the same boat as me.

by biffo on 7/20/2011 10:57:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! I'm sick of the guys at my school. I have dated pretty much all of the guys who I would like, and now, I feel like it's all been there, done that. The school is pretty small, and I used to try to go for the older guys, but now my grade is the eighth. Do you have any idea where I could meet cute, nice guys?

Hey girly,

Do you have any friends who don't go to your school? If you do, consider going on a "group date" with them and some of the guys at their school, so you can meet more people. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by blissbaby on 7/20/2011 9:24:12 AM

GIRLS, I JUST CREATED THREE BRAND NEW CLUBS!
ONLY GIRLS IN THE WORLD- For all my only children sistahs!
VENT IT OUT- When you just had that bad moment in your day and needed to share it with someone
CLUB HAWAI`I- Wanna know which places you should visit if you go there? Want to learn some Hawaiian words?
Check my profile out to join!

by purpleorchid on 7/20/2011 12:49:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
so I like this one guy in my grade who's pretty popular and a LOT of girls like him. So the thing is is that whenever I'm around him and start a convo with him I have a tendency to avert my eyes and duck my head. How can I stop acting so shy around him? The other thing is is I'm pretty shy and smart but not outgoing. This is how he is too most of the time. Do u think he could like me even though most guys like girls who r outgoing and funny? He goes out of his way to talk to me and has flirted with me before. I also catch him glancing at me during class. Do u think he could be into me? Sorry this is super long!!!

Hey girl, it's hard to tell. He could definitely dig you as a friend though which is a good starting point. As for the way you act, don't sweat it. Just be you. It's OK to get nervous, but you'll get more comfy the more you talk to him and hang with him.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Nmun2000 on 7/19/2011 11:07:51 PM

There are a lot of girls I know who have bfs at my school who arent popular. So you will have a bf if you want one. I think there are guys who only go for popular people but I think there are a lot of guys who dont. Just have a nice personality and you should attract guys, some who you may even like and want to date.

by luckykel on 7/19/2011 10:40:09 PM

Good advice! Thx

by Queen_of_Hearts on 7/19/2011 10:13:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I feel really left out. Both of my besties have boyfriends, and I don't. It also seems like I'm not really supposed to have one yet. I'm a trustworthy person,so I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed. Also, I feel really bad because my friend's boyfriend just broke up with her and is dating a girl she doesn't really like. How can I cheer her up? Sorry if that's a lot to answer. Smile

Hey girl, 1) you don't need a boyfriend. Don't feel bad you're single. Just embrace having the time to get to know yourself and focus on friends more. 2) When the right guy comes, your parents will make an exception (as will you). Trust me. 3) Just be there for your friend. Let her vent and hear her out. And remind her there's other fish in the sea out there and she'll find someone better someday. That's all you can do.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Queen_of_Hearts on 7/19/2011 10:09:42 PM

At my school, if you're not in the popular clique, you don't have a boyfriend. In fact, hardly anybody who's not popular has ever had a bf...if the article is true than I live in a pretty bad area haha Smile

by IceTigers on 7/19/2011 9:29:26 PM