Bridget M.

is modding

5 HOURS AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

8 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

9 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

3 ways to keep in touch with your summertime sistahs

Just ‘cause school is on the horizon doesn’t mean you have to say sayonara to your new sweeties...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
*sigh* im so bummed. My friends are always doing things without me. for example: today i asked them if they wanted to come over or hang out or something that we could all do but they told me that they already had plans with each other.They kept tryin to facetime me but at that time i was upset so i declined it. after 44 times io told them to nock it off and my *former* bff said "well were your friends and we wannna talk to you...unless YOU changed your mind about our friendship" i was devestated. They kept making me feel really bad after that and im ALWAYS the target.We agreed that were not friends anymore cause they said im always jealous of them and im rlly stupid but i have no more friends to talk to and im WAY to shy to make new ones. now ill have no one to hang with in the summer and at the beginning of school next year..it will be torture cause ill be a loner.Frown what do i do? please help ASAP. I want to have friends too.thanksFrown

Hey girl!  I'm so sorry that you're dealing with a couple of mean girls Frown  Friendships are tough and it takes a lot to make them work, but it sounds like these girls weren't very nice.  Maybe you can give it a little time and see if you can talk to them, but for now try to put yourself out there and make some friends who are totally nice.  You can make friends anywhere: camp, the pool, your job.  Don't worry too much about it!  You will make new friends and I know everything seems bad now, but it will get better!  Hangout with neighbors, your family, or anyone that makes you happy Smile xxoo
Maggie P.

by katiegurll;) on 6/26/2012 3:28:25 PM

MODERATOR! so i have this friend, and she hates her family because they are all dysfunctional and everything and i feel really bad for her. and because of her family she acts really sarcastic. and it makes me act poorly when i'm around her. what can i do to always be myself? thanks(:

Hey girl,

You just have to be really conscious of it. The next time you feel yourself acting poorly, just remember that you don't wanna slip into that habit, and bring yourself out of it!
Casey L.

by Gigilove321 on 7/28/2011 10:37:28 AM

MOD MOD MOD ok so me and my BFF just "broke-up" and i am trying to hang out with other girls and i slept over at one of my other friend's house and we got kind of bored and so we took some pictures of us dressed uo like nerds, and now she posted them on facebook, how do i nicely ask her to take some of them off? (there's like 10+ of them!)

hey! well you can always just go and untag yourself in them, but if you really want them taken down just ask nicely and i'm sure she'll understand Smile
Helen S.

by quinn1218 on 7/27/2011 5:20:50 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!! Today, I told my best friend about this fine arts/college preparatory high school I really want to go to next year. She asked me if I was going there and I told her I would apply even though I might not get accepted. She told me she didn't want me to go so I said I wouldn't leave all my friends. I feel so confused! I REALLY want to go to that high school next year but I don't want to make her mad at me for going. I think the fine arts school will be better for me. Fine arts or friends? AAAHHH!!! Help me please? Thanks!

Hey! if you don't follow your heart on this one you'll regret it forever. tell your friend how you feel. she should understand Smile
Helen S.

by nerdyrockerperson on 7/22/2011 7:35:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD So on Sunday I'm leaving for a camp. And this is the fist time that i will be staying in a cabin for a week. What is it like sleeping in a cabin with 3 other girls that are total strangers. Oh and I know i will not be home sick because i have been away from my familt for 2 weeks before and this is only for a week. And how do you make friends with uyour bunk mates. THANKS XoXo

Hey chica. That's so exciting that you're going to camp! Don't worry about getting to know your bunk mates cause it'll happen in no time. Just be casual with them at first and share all of your favorite activities and what makes you, you. Don't stress about becoming really close with them immediately because it'll happen naturally. Have a great time!

kara g.

by kerib98 on 7/22/2011 1:17:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hiii so i'm in this 2 week camp for freshman going into this academy. all the boys and girls there are pretty nice, but the girls have already divided into two separate groups. the two groups still mingle and its not like they fight. however, one group is more "popular" in a way while the other "isn't popular." i want to be friends with everybody, especially since there's only 27 other students and i have to deal with them for the next 4 years. however, one of the groups ("isn't popular" group) has already sucked me into their group. i don't mind that they're the "not popular" group, but what bothers me is that one of the girls always complains about how 4 members of the other group seems "cliquey". its because of this that she doesn't want to be friends with them and it bothers me that she makes assumptions so quickly on the second day of camp. i want to sit with the other group and perhaps switch between the two. how can i convince the girl that they aren't bad?

hey! tell her that she just needs to give the other guys a chance and that it's always hard to be on the outside looking in. good luck!
Helen S.

by goldenhamsta on 7/20/2011 6:11:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I was inviting people by phone to my birthday party, which I wanted to be small (5 or 6 girls). I've had 1 person tell me yes, 1 tell me no and no one else has answered me yet. I called them a couple of days ago, and called each once back once after that and nobody has replied. If they weren't going to come, I'd invite other people. What do I do? And my BFF is weird about getting together and doesn't like to tell me until last minute and needs days to ask her parents. And when one of my other friends had a party she never RSVP'd and then decided she might show up anyway!!!! How can I get these girls to give me a yes or no answer?

Hey girl, you can call them or confront them face-to-face to get it (just say your mom needs a head-count for food). But I would invite more people anyway just to be safe. A general rule: for any party, assume only half of the guests you invite will be able to come.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by littlemisskarate on 7/20/2011 12:17:56 AM

my best friend moved away this year. it didnt work out to well :/

by brummitt06 on 7/19/2011 9:55:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i wanted to create a club about Hawai`i because i am from Hawai`i & am Hawaiian. But i want to know if it is safe to say where you are from, and say like which island you are from... Do you think people would like to join my club? If for any reason it is not safe please erase my message and just put your responseSmile MAHALO!

Hey girl, I think it's fine to make a club for Hawaii and to give what island you're from. What city there though? Not at all safe. Play it by ear and think about it like this: how many more people are there? The more people there are, the safer you are giving out that location (it doesn't narrow things down much). The less, the more dangerous.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by purpleorchid on 7/19/2011 9:32:31 PM

ModModMod
Hi there! Smile I was wondering if reading in the car is bad for you?
Also, what can I do in a 10 hour car ride (I don't have a laptop, portable dvd player, or mp3)? I am going to be soo bored. D:

Hey girl, it's not bad for you at all, especially if you don't get car sick. Definitely bring a book! You could always rent an audio book at the library for your entire family to listen to too.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by booknerdkatherine on 7/19/2011 9:21:49 PM

Hey Girlies! Come visit my Advice Queen page for advice on just about anything! I will answer your question as soon as possible. Don't be afraid to ask any question because no question is too embarrassing or humiliating.
<3 sweetooth <3

by sweetooth on 7/19/2011 8:18:22 PM

Hey Girlies! Visit my advice queen page for advice on- everything! I will answer absolutely any question you have the same day it shows up on my page. Don’t be afraid to ask anything, because I’m here for you Smile
-Allyson1124 <3

by allyson1124 on 7/19/2011 7:28:16 PM

When I moved from Chicago I was in kindergarten(now I am 14) and I made this really good friend and we are still super close. I am seeing her this week becuase we are going to Chicago and Wisconsin. We live 13 hours away yet we still stay in touch. It really isn't that hard you just have to want to remain friends. Smile

by topchef88 on 7/19/2011 7:00:49 PM

Me and my best friend have been close for years. I called her today and asked if she wanted to hang and she said she would love to except her parents want us to take a break. What does that even mean?? I don't want us to stop being friends. Help

Your best bet is to ask her to explain what that means and tell her how you feel

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by BeachCoffee on 7/19/2011 5:36:53 PM

Hey girls, I'm Andrea. I love giving advice, so if you need it, you can ask me anything. I'm 16, so I have more life experience than most girls on this site. Also, check out my website: http://confidencecounts.webs.com/

by pageantprincess411 on 7/19/2011 5:17:18 PM

*MOD*MOD*MOD*
I just moved to a different state recently. I didn't want to and it's been really hard to get use to. I'm still trying and this has caused my mom and I to get into several fights. I already have low confidence and she tells me that I'm rude and obnoxious and that she wants to get me tickets for a plane so I can go away. She also curses at me. I try to explain my feelings, but she just doesn't care and doesn't listen to me. I'm completely misunderstood. I don't feel like I'm wanted and that I would be better off away from her forever. I don't like that, but that's what she has made me feel like. I just feel like a terrible person, when all I want is her to understand what I feel. What should I do?

Hey girly,

Since you and your mom have a hard time talking to each other, how about writing her a letter? That way, she can't interrupt you or say anything while she's reading it--she can only listen to what you have to say. You should be completely honest in the letter and say exactly how you feel--that you're having a hard time adjusting but you're trying, and you feel like you're not even wanted. Once she understands how you're feeling, she'll hopefully come around and realize your feelings. Also, you could talk to another family member or guidance counselor to get through this tough time. x0x0
Casey L.

by hellokittylover14 on 7/19/2011 3:56:39 PM

Hey girl,

You really should talk to a guidance counselor or family member about it, and see if they can talk to her about it instead of you. Tell them that it makes you really uncomfortable, and don't want to be around it, but you don't really feel comfortable talking to your mom about it yourself.
Casey L.

by hermione&ron on 7/19/2011 3:42:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I want to sign up for GL penpals, but I am so confused by it! 1) Does it cost? 2) How many people will I have writing me?
Thanks!

Hey girl,

Just look here for all the deets: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/09/22/Get-the-Write-Friend.aspx. x0x0
Casey L.