1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 cutie cozies up to the coral craze with @livefashionABLE's Etanesh scarf: http://t.co/u6kdgFkmia

2 HOURS AGO Beat summer boredom, celeb style: http://t.co/e13QhQBPKt

14 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

COMMENTS

Freaked about getting it for the first time

I’ve heard that you can’t tell when you’re going to get your period—it just comes and suddenly you realize you feel wet. Is that true?

I got mine while i was in hawaii last month. i completly forgot to pack any pads! I was miserable!

by taylorswiftfan1236 on 7/19/2011 3:40:12 PM

K i got my period a couple weeks ago and didnt tell my mom. Why? cause i had brown discharge once and she thought it was my period and assumed i had it. did i need to tell her? oh and im scared she'll schedule a doctors appointment while im on it and its a new doctor so idk what theyll do....thanks.

Hey girl,

You really should tell your mom that you have it. And as for the doctor, there's absolutely no reason that you should be scared or nervous, because it's only a doctor's job to help you, so that's all they will or want to do. x0x0
Casey L.

by animallover234 on 7/19/2011 2:53:31 PM

You don't need to freak chica remember you aren't the first to have your period and you definatly not the last to have it.

by cydib16 on 7/19/2011 2:38:04 PM

I got mine when I was in Nicaragua. It was miserable! I was the only girl there in a foreign country! I only had like three pass… I bleed through my undIes…most miserable time of my life!

by gotducttape on 7/19/2011 2:04:02 PM

i got my when i was 13 feburary 15 2011!

by rdorrow on 7/19/2011 2:02:48 PM

Mod! I have had my discharge about 6months but my mom said that i might get my period when she got hers at age 14, is that true??

Hey girly,

Getting your period depends on genetics, but it also depends on other things like your weight. So, just because your mom got her period at 14 doesn't mean you will also. x0x0
Casey L.

by cupcaketeal13 on 7/19/2011 12:09:51 PM

I was spending the night at my grandmothers when I got mine! I had got a headache the night before, but I wasn't expecting it! I was shakin so badly!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 7/19/2011 11:44:52 AM

I was not prepared for mine! It happened when I was eleven! In a church summer day camp with my BFF, she was the first to know I was so scared coming out of the bathroom, I was shaking with fright. Being eleven! When my older Sister got it when she was lik fourteen!
Thank goodness i had a long shirt on, and it was almost time to be picked up!

by Lll328 on 7/19/2011 11:20:41 AM