9 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

10 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

10 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

Freaked about getting it for the first time

I’ve heard that you can’t tell when you’re going to get your period—it just comes and suddenly you realize you feel wet. Is that true?

MOD, I have been having really heavy discharge, and its normal but I have been having it for 2 years, and im starting to get the symptoms of PMS, do you think im close to starting my period? I really need to know and I have already got size 36 breasts, and pubic hair, and my hair has gotten darker, and sometimes i get cramps, please give me you best answer please

Well honestly theres no way for me to guess when youll get your period. But you have all the signs of it coming. I would prepare with pads and tampons and have them on you at all times just in case you get it soon. Which I definitely think will happen. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by sam76127 on 1/24/2012 5:05:34 PM

today in gym i went in the bathroom stall to change into my gym clothes and i peed while i was in there and i realized i started my period. so i asked my gym teacher for a pad and she gave me one. (when i peed in gym tho there was red in my pee) and when i got home i changed my pad again and i peed but it was a normal yellow. is this normal? also, do i have to get up every 4 hours at night and change my pad so i wont be wearing it for 7-8 before i change it again? and one last thing, when im not on my period, should i be wearing a pantiliner everyday in case my period comes at a diff day next month than it did this month? and how long can you wear a pantiliner before you have to change it? thank you so much and sorry for tmi!

Hey girlie,

That's totally normal! You don't "pee" out your period - they both come from different places, so sometimes they could mix and sometimes it can be more yellow. Plus, throughout your period your flow will change - sometimes it'll be light, sometimes heavy. It's all completely normal! I use tampons now but, when I used pads, I tried to listen to my body and the way the pad felt. Sometimes you have to change it more often (aka when your period is heavy) but, sometimes, you can totally go 7 hours before changing it! You gotta try to figure out your flow so you catch it before the pad leaks. It sounds complicated, but you'll get the hang of it each time you get your period Smile I definitely wouldn't wear a pantyliner every day during the month - talk about uncomfy! You can if it makes you feel better, but try to listen to your body. If you're starting to get cramps/feel emotional and you're due for your period, carry pads in your purse/backpack and go to the bathroom throughout the day to check up on it. Don't live in fear! <333

Lauren C. Jordan S.

by pinkguitar98 on 1/12/2012 4:53:14 PM

Hey singramSmile, you may or may not inherit that. Does your sister go through the same thing when she's on her period? And if you do happen to get that sick, just be sure to stock up on medicine ane get lots of rest. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Im 12 and i havent had my period,my older sistertold me where her pads r just in case, but im not freaked about tht, im freaked out cuz my mom complains about pain, headachesm ect when she son hers, i sit possible tht i could inherit something lyk tht? Lynae P.

by singram:) on 1/11/2012 7:05:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!!
ok so i know no one can predict your period but my tummy been hurting on both sides on the lower like below my belly botton and have been hurting on the sides of my waistand like after i finsh like pooping or while im pooping it will hurt again could this be my period.
other info
im turning 12 in febuary 2 i weigh __ i wear 34a r 36a bra size im 63 inches i have had this charge for about 13 months and i have a lot of hair down there and its more than 3/4 full and i shave every two weeeks pplz reply i need to know if my period is comingn before summer break
p.s sorry for tmi

Hey girlie,

Don't worry, we've heard it all Smile  You're definitely progressing normally through puberty and ready to get your period soon. It's hard to tell what those stomachaches could be - since you've mentioned that they happen when you're using the bathroom, it's possible that it's bowel cramps/gas and not period cramps. And like you said, we can't give you a definite "Your period is coming in __ months" guarantee. Neither can a doctor! But be confident that you're healthy, normal, and going to get it soon! Make sure you read up on period info so you're as prepared as possible Smile
Lauren C.

by tinacrystal on 1/5/2012 5:53:43 PM

Hey tinacrystal, I think it will come before summer break. If not visit your doctor and see what they predict. They would defintely know more than me. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD !!!
ok so i know no one can predict your period but my tummy been hurting on both sides on the lower like below my belly botton and have been hurting on the sides of my waist could this be my period.
other info
im turning 12 in febuary 2 i weigh 98 i wear 34a r 36a bra size im 63 inches i have had this charge for about 13 months and i have a lot of hair down there and its more than 3/4 full and i shave every two weeeks pplz reply i need to know if my period is comingn before summer break Lynae P.

by tinacrystal on 1/4/2012 6:14:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! 2 Questions. 1. how long are periods supposed to last? I had mine on friday last week and its now wednesday. 2. I find it really hard to get motivated to excersise. Any ideas on how to get motivated? Thank you!!

Hey missy, each girl's flow is different, but it could be anywhere from 3 to 7 or 14 days. To get motivated post pics of what you want your bod to look like. Those images will get you ready to work out. Also had add music to your routine to keep your energy up. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by packers147 on 12/21/2011 6:37:58 PM

okay so i was wondering if i am going to get my period soon?? ive been seeing little light pink dots when i wipee..THANKS!

by eeyorebabyxx on 12/2/2011 10:37:05 PM

How do you know when you are going to get your period? I really need to know. I wear a bra size a 36. I have had pubic hair for about a year. I have had vaginal discharge for about 6 months.

by LuckyGinger114! on 11/23/2011 7:55:21 PM

I have had a lot of discharge lately, and when I went to the bathroom there was a dot of blood and some blood red solid crystaly stuff, could that be my period? There was some blood yesterday, too. It never messed with my panties though. Is it my period?

Hey girl,

It's possible! Our periods sometimes start pretty light and then grow heavier as the days pass, so it could very well be the start of your period Smile
Lauren C.

by georgetownroad on 11/3/2011 10:16:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!! please help me! I am 13 and i have been getting discharge for about 1 year and a half.. lately i have been getting a overload of discharge and my boobs have been really tender, i have been a little moody but not that bad.. i was just wondering if it sounds like i will be getting it soon because all the time i feel like i have gotten it because my under wear are wet but i check and its just discharge!!!!!!!! please please help me.. i have pads in my purse but i am so worried i will bleed through my pants!!!!!! thanks soooo muchSmile

Hey girlie,

It's impossible to predict exactly when you'll get your period, but it sounds like you're on the right track towards it! You're progressing through puberty totally normally and should expect to get it soon. I promise you won't bleed through your pants on your first period - you'll notice if it feels wet way before it bleeds through, and you'll probably get cramps to warn you way before that Smile

Lauren C.