1 HOURS AGO Wait—is your BGF into you?!:

3 HOURS AGO Relationships can't survive on #selfies alone. How do you handle your #LDR?:

4 HOURS AGO Move over, team tee. There's some new #GameDay gear in town:

Freaked about getting it for the first time

I’ve heard that you can’t tell when you’re going to get your period—it just comes and suddenly you realize you feel wet. Is that true?

Hey, I was wondering if I'm getting my period. I read the symptoms above and I noticed that some of the same things are happening to me. I have headaches, tender boobs, mood swings, anD discharge in my underwear.

Sounds like it may be coming soon Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by SmileyGirl^.^ on 8/30/2011 8:35:37 PM

I know

by kristen526 on 8/29/2011 8:58:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can your period last only one day? (I got mine yesterday) and I haven't had any blood in my pad or "down there". Is all that normal?

Yup, that's totally normal, especially if this is one of your first few periods.

Brittany T.

by sweetypie2 on 8/25/2011 9:49:38 AM

MOD mod MOD (Brittany) sorry i forgot to mention i havent had my period ever yet so what i meant to say is am i getting my FIRST period soon? thanks sorry for the confusion Smile

Got it--it all depends on if you are getting other symptoms related to your period, such as cramps, increase in discharge, breats tenderness, etc.

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/23/2011 6:03:31 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod hey so yesterday i went to a clothes store and we were in the bra section and i felt like i wanted to cry because the bras were so big and i have rreeeeaaaalllly tiny boobs so i felt insecure. then tooday i was playing wii and i lost in baseball to the computer and i felt like i wanted to cry too. are these over senseitivity am i getting my period soon. thanks

It all depends--is this something that occurs when it's normally time for your period?

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/23/2011 5:22:53 PM

dear moderador i need help, two days ago when i went to the bathroom and wiped there was blood but nothing in my underwear. i told my mom,used a pad and forgot about it.later before i went to bed i checked again and there was nothing in the pad or when i wiped. since then i have been having more dischare than usual and lower back this the begining of my period???

Hey girl, when this happens sometimes its called spotting. It might be the beginning of your period. You might want to wear a light liner just in case it is your period, and keep pads or tampons in your bag just in case.

xoxo tory

Tory N.

by dtink3rbell on 8/22/2011 11:58:36 AM

mod mod mod i posted a comment at like 3 yesterday and it 10:45. why has it taken so long to come up. it was a "mod" so i wanna know. thanks. it usually takes like 5 minutes...

Hey girl, we're working hard to get your comments up as fast a we can!

xoxo tory

Jess D.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/22/2011 11:48:17 AM

School's starting soon and my locker is very far from the BR.Last year I could just sneak my pads into the br.What do I do? I don't want my friends,annoying boys or my crush to see me with a purse going to the BR.Help I hate getting my period in school.BTW,I'm entering 8th grade.thanks

Hey girl, try putting it in your pocket and casually walk to the bathroom with your hand by your side- no one will notice unless you draw attention to it.

xoxo tory

Jess D.

by BUCK123BUCK on 8/22/2011 11:03:00 AM

so i got my period for the first time ten minutes ago. and i just want help with not acting moody. i didn't feel mood earlier today but now i think my mind is playing tricks on me and wants me to think i'm moody! help! LaughingD thanks(:

hey! I do the exact same thing when I'm feeling moody, except when I feel sad and I don't know why I'll start tricking myself into thinking I'm sad for various reasons, even if I'm not...if that makes sense lol. Anyway my advice is to trust your instincts. If you don't think you're sad, then you're probably not. It's ok to be sad for no reason too. sometimes that happens. good luck!
Helen S.

by Gigilove321 on 8/19/2011 5:21:30 PM

hey so i mom and i were trying to disgust my older sis about periods and i was talking about that i might get my period soon from my cramps and lower back and my fatigue (which are actually true and i havent gotten my first period yet) and then she was like... you just want ur period so much that u think ur having cramps...ya know,sisters. so that got me thinking if thats true or not. is it? cuz idk if ireally want my period or if i dont want it at all untill im like 16. (im 12) sooo yah thank u so muchhh Tong

Hey girl,

As most girls with their period would tell you, it's not something you really want. While sure, it's a sign you're growing up, it can also be a major inconvenience. But if you really are starting to have cramps, carry a pad with you just in case -- you'll be prepared, whether or not you're actually going to get it soon.

Sarah G.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/19/2011 4:36:32 PM

Which school sport are you most likely to try out for?

*Win* a trip to meet R5's Rydel Lynch!