5 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

5 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

8 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

COMMENTS

Freaked about getting it for the first time

I’ve heard that you can’t tell when you’re going to get your period—it just comes and suddenly you realize you feel wet. Is that true?

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hello miss moderator,
i am 12 and today i got cramps in my stomach and under my belly. it really hurt and i wasnt home so i couldnt really do anything about it or tell my mom. yeah so anyway like 3 hours later i had some water and goldfish and then i felt all better. so i came home and then later my lower back started hurting in fact as im typing it hurts. i have pubic hair and ive had white discharge but idk how long for i wasnt keeping track.i also get really annoyed at my dad and want him to go away. so yah are these all signs im getting my period REALLY soon? thank u soooo much mod!

Hey girl, definitely signs, especially the discharge. It's coming soon. Be ready with pads in case!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/18/2011 11:56:22 PM

I got mine when I was 11 too!

by txtingirl on 8/18/2011 10:38:33 PM

Miss Moderador!
So, whenever my mom gets her monthly gift, I get all PMSy and blah, with uber bad cramps and all, and then I have no blood! This month I got brownish discharge that was reeeeally light brown and a pinprick of like this bloody booger (Ew, I know.)Whats going on?! I just want blood already. Frown

Hey girl, sounds like some definite spotting or you're close to your period. Wear a pantyliner just to be safe and let your mom know.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by IvyTheBunny on 8/16/2011 11:43:24 PM

MOd
I have been getting white discharge for seven months now!!! Will my period come soon? how many more months is it normal to have discharge?

There is no normal amount of time to have discharge, that and no one can say for sure when their period will come

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by clairebear694 on 8/16/2011 5:05:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! so like a week or so ago on a Sunday night i had really bad cramps I was about to cry and then the continued on Monday morning but then I didn't see anything. not a thing! so i was wondering, could this have been a false period alarm or something else? Please help!

Hey girl. Sounds like PMS. It is totally common to get cramps before your period starts. If it continues for a while longer and you don't get your period ask a doc what's up.

mary h.

by countrymusiclovermdg on 8/11/2011 11:35:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm really freaked about dealing with my period at school. I know I can put it in like a make-up bag but I still don't really want to be seen taking that to the bathroom! What else could I do? I really don't want to go the whole day on 1 pad. Also, I know they do have the little boxes to put them in, but do you put the wrapper from your pad in there too?

Buy a tampon/pad carrier Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by pixie1599 on 8/9/2011 8:23:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
My doc said that right before my period I would be my max height. Is that true, because I think it'll be hitting soon and I really want to be taller! Frown

If your doctor said it, then yes ma'am

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by BrittKitt on 8/9/2011 6:35:31 PM

MODERATOR!!! I just started to get that white mucus thing on my underwear a lot and now i don't know what to do! Should i tell my mum? what should i do? Plz help

Hey babe. White or clear discharge is usually normal. If you are really nervous or it smells then you should tell your mom. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/03/16/dealing-with-discharge.aspx

mary h.

by suzio1 on 8/9/2011 3:43:06 AM

I just got mine yesterday b4 i was supposed to go swimming at my friend's house. It freaks you out, but it will get to be sort of normal.

by basketballcutie11 on 8/6/2011 6:49:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD MODERATOR!
Hi so ummm here goes im just curious. im 5 feet 2 or 3in and about 100 pounds (is that underweight or overweight btw) and im going into 7th grade.i just turned 12 like a week and a half ago. i have little "buds" but i wouldnt exactly call them "boobs". i havent gotten my period yet but my oldest sister got hers at about 12 and a half yrs old and the middle sis (im the youngest) had hers at around 14 or 15. will i probably get my period between those ages? haha thanks and sorry that was reeaaally long.

Hey girlie, as long as you're eating healthy then you're a perfect weight! As far as your period, it's totally dependent on body type and genetics. Since you're on the thinner side, you might get it closer in age to your middle sister, but it's impossible to say for sure.
Lauren T.