1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway: 5 cats rock The Menace in Top Cat by BOBS from @SKECHERSUSA: http://t.co/K6nfsPpid2

2 HOURS AGO Grab your besties and whip up some of these deliciously easy frozen treats!: http://t.co/VXV9eVjPYy

14 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: See what questions @PeytonList answered yesterday for @girlslifemag! http://t.co/YwPnWyG3Ra

COMMENTS

Freaked about getting it for the first time

I’ve heard that you can’t tell when you’re going to get your period—it just comes and suddenly you realize you feel wet. Is that true?

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So I haven't had my period yet, but sometimes i get such bad irritation and then i will get cramps for such a long time, but there not that bad, and my doctor said that i might get mine this year! help please

hey girl. I'm not so sure what your question is.

xoxo

Katie L.

by hopie9351 on 1/2/2013 4:23:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I was going to go out with my bff today, but i'm stuck at home, with a cold. I'm really bored and i think i've watched all the good shows on tv. All my friends are out shopping, so i cant call them over. Plus im really sick, and i think ive thrown up a total of 5 times since this morning. And my head hurts. I guess my questions are what can i do to pass the time and how do i stop throwing up (already took medecine, cant take anymore for a few hours)

Hey girl, try taking a nap, reading a book, chatting with friends, or surfing GL.com. I hope you feel better soon. xoxoxo

Lauren I.

by swifty#1 on 8/29/2012 4:08:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm on my period right now (tmi) and i feel really bad. My stomach hurts a lot, and so does everything else. Im not allowed to take medicine because my mom or dad isnt at home, so i dont know what to do. Also my period is really heavy, but it wasnt like this last time i had it. Help?

Hey girly, try a heating pad, a hot bath or shower, eating a banana or laying curled up on your side. Also, try giving mom or dad a call and explaining the situation, they might let you go ahead and take something or give you more ideas to stop the pain.

Lauren I.

by Carly.13 on 8/29/2012 2:35:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
When i'm on my period (awkward) i feel like i'm wet 'down there' or i peed in my pants. ( is tyere any way to stop this feeling?) I also get these like 'clumps' mixed in with my period.( is that normal?) Also i just started my period this summer and school starting soon and im scared to change my pad there.

Hey! That's all perfectly normal, but it's always best to ask a doctor about any body questions.  I would recommend tampons. They can be difficult to start, but you don't feel them at all once you learn to use them and they help you stay dry too. good luck!

Helen S.

by Sarah_12 on 8/28/2012 6:01:31 PM

I'm on my period my tummy hurts I have cramps at nite and I'm rea,ly bloated

by Cookie318 on 8/8/2012 5:05:44 PM

Mod mod mod... Okay so today we might go to the mall and get me measured but I'm like nervous that I might get my period today. I've been like super tired and bloated and crampy and my boobs are sore... I know I probably won't and I shouldn't be worried but I still am for some reason I feel like I know it's comin! So thanx again (:

Hey girl,

you're probably just nervous, but if it does happen at least you'll be with your mom!

Meghan D.

by cuddlebug143 on 3/24/2012 10:29:56 AM

Mod mod mod mod moddddd
okay so my mom just measured my boobs and they are 27 in underneath my boobs and 31 on my boobs!!!! I have a book and it says that's a D cup! I wear an A cup rite now and it's too small but not that small! What the heck????? And also I've had discharge for 1 year and a month and still no period!!! my mom got hers at 14 and I'm 13!!! Is my period comin soon? Also I feel bloated and I crave salt is that a sign??? Frown thanx

Hey girl,

If you're super skinny, that might be right, but if you're not sure you should get measured by an expert at a bra store to be sure. If you're only 13, don't worry -- everyone gets her period at different ages, so don't compare yourself to your mom. You'll get it when the time is right! If you're craving salt, that's probably unrelated, so drink more fluids and stay hydrated!

Meghan D.

by cuddlebug143 on 3/24/2012 9:48:55 AM

mod mod mod
im 13, i weigh __ pouns,im 5'2'', and my bra size is 34a,i had discharge for 2 years and im in 7th grade...am i getting my period anytime soon cuz I'm worried

Hey girlie,

There's no reason to be worried! No one can guess exactly when you'll get your period (not even your doctor), but you're progressing through puberty normally and I'm sure it'll start on time. Girls get their first period at all ages, on average between 11-14. You'll be fine, try to relax girl! <3

by cutiepie14231 on 2/16/2012 7:44:13 PM

Mod I have been having discharge for around 2 years, is that normal? I really don't like my hair now, It used to be pin straight golden blonde. Now it's a brownish blonde color, frizzy, and wavy almost curly. I'm 5 foot 2 in and 86.7 lbs. My breasts are size 32 A. What other signs are there that my periodis coming? How can I prep for my period, We have no school nurse and I don't have a mom who lives with me. P.S. how can I pursuede my dad to let me dye my hair a lighter natural bonde color? My hair color is so boring and kind of ugly...!! Frown

Hey girl,

All hair colors are different, and we can't control 'em, and I'm sure yours is beautiful! If you're set on changing your color, try getting just highlights or using a natural product like Sun-in. Discharge is normal, but if you're worried about your period, schedule an appointment with a doc! Doctors can tell you how to prepare and what's normal or not.

Meghan D.

by gaaragirlfan on 2/4/2012 11:10:27 AM

Also What if Im scared to use tampons, just a phobia of mine

by sam76127 on 1/25/2012 6:10:28 PM

MOD, I have been having really heavy discharge, and its normal but I have been having it for 2 years, and im starting to get the symptoms of PMS, do you think im close to starting my period? I really need to know and I have already got size 36 breasts, and pubic hair, and my hair has gotten darker, and sometimes i get cramps, please give me you best answer please

Well honestly theres no way for me to guess when youll get your period. But you have all the signs of it coming. I would prepare with pads and tampons and have them on you at all times just in case you get it soon. Which I definitely think will happen. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by sam76127 on 1/24/2012 5:05:34 PM

today in gym i went in the bathroom stall to change into my gym clothes and i peed while i was in there and i realized i started my period. so i asked my gym teacher for a pad and she gave me one. (when i peed in gym tho there was red in my pee) and when i got home i changed my pad again and i peed but it was a normal yellow. is this normal? also, do i have to get up every 4 hours at night and change my pad so i wont be wearing it for 7-8 before i change it again? and one last thing, when im not on my period, should i be wearing a pantiliner everyday in case my period comes at a diff day next month than it did this month? and how long can you wear a pantiliner before you have to change it? thank you so much and sorry for tmi!

Hey girlie,

That's totally normal! You don't "pee" out your period - they both come from different places, so sometimes they could mix and sometimes it can be more yellow. Plus, throughout your period your flow will change - sometimes it'll be light, sometimes heavy. It's all completely normal! I use tampons now but, when I used pads, I tried to listen to my body and the way the pad felt. Sometimes you have to change it more often (aka when your period is heavy) but, sometimes, you can totally go 7 hours before changing it! You gotta try to figure out your flow so you catch it before the pad leaks. It sounds complicated, but you'll get the hang of it each time you get your period Smile I definitely wouldn't wear a pantyliner every day during the month - talk about uncomfy! You can if it makes you feel better, but try to listen to your body. If you're starting to get cramps/feel emotional and you're due for your period, carry pads in your purse/backpack and go to the bathroom throughout the day to check up on it. Don't live in fear! <333

Lauren C. Jordan S.

by pinkguitar98 on 1/12/2012 4:53:14 PM

Hey singramSmile, you may or may not inherit that. Does your sister go through the same thing when she's on her period? And if you do happen to get that sick, just be sure to stock up on medicine ane get lots of rest. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Im 12 and i havent had my period,my older sistertold me where her pads r just in case, but im not freaked about tht, im freaked out cuz my mom complains about pain, headachesm ect when she son hers, i sit possible tht i could inherit something lyk tht? Lynae P.

by singram:) on 1/11/2012 7:05:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!!
ok so i know no one can predict your period but my tummy been hurting on both sides on the lower like below my belly botton and have been hurting on the sides of my waistand like after i finsh like pooping or while im pooping it will hurt again could this be my period.
other info
im turning 12 in febuary 2 i weigh __ i wear 34a r 36a bra size im 63 inches i have had this charge for about 13 months and i have a lot of hair down there and its more than 3/4 full and i shave every two weeeks pplz reply i need to know if my period is comingn before summer break
p.s sorry for tmi

Hey girlie,

Don't worry, we've heard it all Smile  You're definitely progressing normally through puberty and ready to get your period soon. It's hard to tell what those stomachaches could be - since you've mentioned that they happen when you're using the bathroom, it's possible that it's bowel cramps/gas and not period cramps. And like you said, we can't give you a definite "Your period is coming in __ months" guarantee. Neither can a doctor! But be confident that you're healthy, normal, and going to get it soon! Make sure you read up on period info so you're as prepared as possible Smile

by tinacrystal on 1/5/2012 5:53:43 PM

Hey tinacrystal, I think it will come before summer break. If not visit your doctor and see what they predict. They would defintely know more than me. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD !!!
ok so i know no one can predict your period but my tummy been hurting on both sides on the lower like below my belly botton and have been hurting on the sides of my waist could this be my period.
other info
im turning 12 in febuary 2 i weigh 98 i wear 34a r 36a bra size im 63 inches i have had this charge for about 13 months and i have a lot of hair down there and its more than 3/4 full and i shave every two weeeks pplz reply i need to know if my period is comingn before summer break Lynae P.

by tinacrystal on 1/4/2012 6:14:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! 2 Questions. 1. how long are periods supposed to last? I had mine on friday last week and its now wednesday. 2. I find it really hard to get motivated to excersise. Any ideas on how to get motivated? Thank you!!

Hey missy, each girl's flow is different, but it could be anywhere from 3 to 7 or 14 days. To get motivated post pics of what you want your bod to look like. Those images will get you ready to work out. Also had add music to your routine to keep your energy up. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by packers147 on 12/21/2011 6:37:58 PM

okay so i was wondering if i am going to get my period soon?? ive been seeing little light pink dots when i wipee..THANKS!

by eeyorebabyxx on 12/2/2011 10:37:05 PM

How do you know when you are going to get your period? I really need to know. I wear a bra size a 36. I have had pubic hair for about a year. I have had vaginal discharge for about 6 months.

by LuckyGinger114! on 11/23/2011 7:55:21 PM

I have had a lot of discharge lately, and when I went to the bathroom there was a dot of blood and some blood red solid crystaly stuff, could that be my period? There was some blood yesterday, too. It never messed with my panties though. Is it my period?

Hey girl,

It's possible! Our periods sometimes start pretty light and then grow heavier as the days pass, so it could very well be the start of your period Smile

by georgetownroad on 11/3/2011 10:16:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!! please help me! I am 13 and i have been getting discharge for about 1 year and a half.. lately i have been getting a overload of discharge and my boobs have been really tender, i have been a little moody but not that bad.. i was just wondering if it sounds like i will be getting it soon because all the time i feel like i have gotten it because my under wear are wet but i check and its just discharge!!!!!!!! please please help me.. i have pads in my purse but i am so worried i will bleed through my pants!!!!!! thanks soooo muchSmile

Hey girlie,

It's impossible to predict exactly when you'll get your period, but it sounds like you're on the right track towards it! You're progressing through puberty totally normally and should expect to get it soon. I promise you won't bleed through your pants on your first period - you'll notice if it feels wet way before it bleeds through, and you'll probably get cramps to warn you way before that Smile

by JewellRian4 on 11/3/2011 5:26:17 PM

I'm 15 years old and i've had my period for 4 years. It depends on the person because when i get my period, i want to hit anyone who talks to me in the face with a shovel, i feel like im pregnant and all i eat is chocolate, and when i change my pad it looks like a crime scene...thats about it.

by ImJustMe96 on 10/29/2011 11:27:19 PM

Gah, it's not as bad as it seems. I had my first at 4H camp! So I was the awkward person going to the nurse "... I had my first period..." None of my 6 friends had pads!! Haha, now we all look back and laugh.

And your friuends can be a GREAT help. My friends were the only reason I got pads, I was to shy to face the nurse and say I needed some. They said they had a friend who needed some and the nurse gave them a bag to give to me Smile Granted, I had to go back to get more, but still haha, they were nice enough to do that for me Smile

by Lexydoodles on 10/28/2011 3:27:44 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
what if i have my period in the bath/ shower, or when im sleeping or whaen im in the car

Hey girl,

Of course your period won't stop just because you're doing one of these things! You can choose to wear a tampon in the shower to avoid any messes or, like a lot of girls do, you can just take a shower like normal and "go with the flow" with what happens. Some blood might come out, but you're in the shower - the water will wash it away and clean you. I know it sounds gross but you'll get used to it! As for sleeping, try wearing an overnight size pad if you're worried and change it immediately in the morning. Sometimes your flow is heavy and you might leak, so keeping a towel under you while you sleep can help. As for the car, if you're going on a long trip, make sure you use the bathroom before you leave and change your pad, then ask to stop at a rest stop a few hours in, then change it again as soon as you get there. You just have to be aware of the time!

by adribear on 10/27/2011 8:01:44 PM

Mod mod mod!!
I got my first period today during school. It was really embarassing and my (male) teacher (who doesn't like me) wouldn't let me go to the health teacher or even the nurse to get a pad. How can I better prepare and if I forget a pad..Who to go to?

Hey girlie,

Any teacher HAS to let you go to the bathroom/health teacher/or nurse if you tell them you're having a so-called 'lady problem' or 'girl emergency.'  Yeah, it can be a bit embarrassing.   But we've all done it plenty of times!
Jordan S.

by angelicjade on 10/27/2011 3:28:36 PM

jojo00: Its really confusing because its was about the same time of the month both times, and I could feel it coming on! I think it is, just smaller, because later it will probably be heavier. All the signs say this year, so YA I JUST DONT KNOW!

by georgetownroad on 10/20/2011 9:09:43 PM

georgetownroad, happened exactly the same thing to me and I still son´t know if it is my period or not, because didn't spend a month since that. But in your case, i think it's strange be irritated down there two followed months at the same time of the month. It should be your period! My mum tell me that hers was just like ours, something really light that didn't mess with her underwear and that lasted A DAY, but I'm still not 100 percent convinced

by jojo00 on 10/15/2011 10:33:12 AM

MOD MOD

Hey girl,

Since it burned when you peed before, it's probably worth asking a doc about these symptoms. It could be a urinary tract infection (UTI), it could be something else, it could be totally fine, and it could be some period spotting...but it's best to ask a professional to be sure Smile

by jojo00 on 10/15/2011 10:23:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Can your doctor make a semi-accurate prediction when you will get your first period? My doctor said this school year and I've been freaking out about it (in a happy way lol) Smile

Hey girlie,

He could definitely give you a range based on how much you've grown already (aka how far into puberty you are), but even your doc can't tell you for sure! So take his prediction and make sure you're prepared, but don't be too disappointed if it waits a lil while to get here Smile

by tswiftie4eva on 10/7/2011 10:35:57 PM

MOD!!!! i've went to the bathroom at school and there was somthing pink in my panties and when i wiped there was pink on the toilet paper!! this was really super light and i onley found it in my underwear a few times. was this my period or just a litle somthin somthin down there im really canfused!!

Hey girl, sounds like it could be your period or spotting. Be sure to wear a pad just in case.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by emmaa3345 on 10/3/2011 8:56:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hi im 11 almost 12 in january my mom got her period wen she was 14 but i but i have already had discharge since january 1 2011 and i wear 36a im around 5ft 2 in im 95 pounds i shave every two weeks and i have public hair so wen dos that mean im going to start mine around my moms age or around mine age

Hey girl, honestly, there's no way to predict what date your period — or any girl's — will come. All you can do is note the signs and just be ready with pads in case.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by tinacrystal on 10/3/2011 7:26:58 PM

Okay, so i'm 14 had discharge for at least a year and no period. I'm 5'6 and 115 pounds and have back pain but i have always had that. Does my weight matter. Am i close.

by lucie5193 on 10/3/2011 6:47:58 PM

ABOUT 3 months ago I had a little blood while going to the bathroom but no blood in my underwear, then for about two days i would have tiny and i mean TINY dots, but nothing in my underwear. The same thing happened about a month ago. Is that my period? or just spotting?

Hey girlie,

Is the blood coming from the front or the back? Try to pay attention to that next time. Sometimes the "back" will bleed slightly from being irritated and it could trick ya into thinking it's your period. Usually though, if it is your period, it will last longer and become at least a lil bit heavier than this over a couple days. If you're concerned, don't be afraid to call your doc! They're professionals and have seen/heard everything - they'll be able to make you feel better Smile

by georgetownroad on 10/1/2011 10:52:46 PM

the area around my belly button has been hurting really bad lately. I haven't gotten my period yet, could it be that?

Hey babe,

If it feels kinda like gas (or that achy feeling you get before you have to use the restroom - sorry, a lil gross I know), that could be period cramps! But it could also be an allergic reaction to food, a stomach bug, or something else. If it keeps on going, try giving your doc a call just to make sure everything is ok!

by georgetownroad on 10/1/2011 10:28:38 PM

Mod mod mod please help me! Two days ago I went to the bathroom to pee and when I cleaned myself there was a little bit of blood in the toilet paper. Since then every time I peed I felt a burn and when I cleaned up there was blood. Yesterday there was a little bit of blood in my pants but just like two days ago it was almost pink and very few and was just once. Since yesterday at lunch time there was never blood again. I didn´t had it if it wasn’t after pee. So I’m very confused. Is it my period that I never had before or is it blood in my urine?

by jojo00 on 10/1/2011 9:59:38 AM

Im in 8th grade and today i started getting lower stomach pains on the left side. I stayed home from school because it hurts pretty bad. Is my period coming?

by #swagoverload on 9/27/2011 4:07:44 PM

MOD MOD MDO MDO MOD!!y dont my qustions show up!!!its been 4 days now!!!
Frown

Hey girl, so sorry to hear that! Try resubmitting. It may not have submitted correctly, and a mod should be able to answer it now.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by GOALIEROCK1301 on 9/26/2011 6:23:37 PM

for my self i haven't had my period yet eather ,but when i had a girl talk you get cramps a lot when your all most there and it is scary cause you don't know what to do yet so even if you know when its almost here it still can
be a surprise

by sarahgaret on 9/18/2011 8:59:51 AM

Thank you sooo much Miss Moderator. I don't know what I would do without GirlsLife! <3

You're welcome lovely! Glad you <3 GL - we love ya too!

by ninabeanxoxo99 on 9/17/2011 10:32:47 PM

MISS MODERATOR! Okay so I'm wondering if I a getting my period soon. I'm 12 years old (very petite but so is my grandma soo yah lol) My mom got her first period when she was in 7th or 8th grade and I am in 7th grade now. I've been growing boobs and pubic hair since I was 9 and I sort of have a lotttt of pubic hair now. I also have been getting cramps in my lower stomach and back. I've been getting a lot of vaginal discharge for 8 months now. I also have underarm hair that I have to shave. Also, I have been verrrryy moody recently and crying a lottt and I like never used to cry. Another thing is that recently just when I wake up, my boobs are tender and idk whyy. I thought maybe it's because I lay on my stomach when I sleep, but I've layed on my stomach my whole life and have been growing boobs for 3 years and that never happened to me before. Sorry this is so long, but I really need your help. Please answer! Smile

Hey girlie,

You sound like you're totally healthy and right on track for your first period! Your tender boobs, mood swings, and especially the cramps are signs that it could definitely be on its way within the next week. Now, that doesn't mean you should start wearing pads in anticipation! But be prepared by carrying a pad with you in your bag wherever you go and stay alert to changes - like if your underwear feels wet like discharge and it keeps happening, it could be your period so be sure to make a stop at the restroom. Remember that there's no way to really predict when you'll get your first period so you might be waiting for a while, but these signs really do sound like it's coming soon Smile

by ninabeanxoxo99 on 9/17/2011 10:12:14 PM

Mod mod Here's the problem. I have discharge for about two years ago, and it always been yellow and smelly. But know I don't have it for about three or four months, and no period! I had post a comment like that yesterday, but last night discharge came back. What that means? Is there anything wrong with me?

Hi there girly! If your discharge is yellow and has an odor, I would definitely recommend going to your doctor so that he/she can see what the issue is. It could be some type of bacteria like yeast, that is causing these symptoms. Your doctor will prescribe you medication to fix the problem...don't worry!

Amalia E.

by jojo00 on 9/12/2011 5:37:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD! I've had discharge for around 6 months and my chest is developing more, I've had cramps and my back hurts!!! Do you think its gonna happen soon? Thanks!!!

Hey chica! You can get your period as early as eight years old. Discharge before menstruation is normal, however, I would double check with your doctor to see if your discharge is normal. Also, ask he/she if they can predict if yours is coming soon.

Amalia E.

by Gamingcupcake on 9/12/2011 1:21:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
first of all thanks for helping me before, and now for my question, so i'm a dancer, and i just got my first period, dance starts soon , and I'm worried about what i'll have to wear for it because i wear tight shorts and tights for dance, what should i do?

Hey girly! Lots of girls wear tampons when they participate in sports or other activities. Sure, they can be scary at first, but once you get used to them, you'll see the appeal. And, they make special ones for both teens and sports!

xxx

Becca G.

by dancergirl164 on 9/11/2011 5:55:38 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!! CAN I WEAR A PAD JUST IN CASE IT COMES AT SCHOOL? I don't want it to be a surprise, and I know my mom won't mind sharing until I need my own. My doctor said I will be about 6 months to a year now! And I just don't want to have to deal with the embarrassment of blood on the back of my pants.

Yes Smile

by ana*Marie on 9/7/2011 12:11:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
I have all of the signs of a period coming..Hair down there, arm pit hair, leg hair, buds(small breasts), and discharge. BUT NO PERIOD! I have had these signs for almost a year now. When will Aunt Flo come??
-Anxious

Hey girl, no one knows, honestly. You can't predict the start date, but you can just be prepared. Be sure to have a pad on you just in case it comes.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Megan_Goes_Rawr on 9/5/2011 1:54:09 PM

MODMOD MOD i have these wierd cravings...yesterday it was peanut buter and pasta and also pickels and potato chips...is my first period gonna come soon? thanks

Hey chica! I'm soo sorry but I'm super busy trying to respond to everyone's comments! I'll get back to you as soon as I can! In the meantime ask some of the other GL members who offer advice help! I'm sure they'll be more than happy to dish out some advice! Thanx for understanding!!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 9/3/2011 3:02:57 PM

MOD
When I first started getting discharge, it was white and everything it was supposed to be. But now I've been noticing for a while now that it is more of a yellow color, not white or clear or anything. Is it serious? I havent told my mom yet cuz.. well its embarrasing. But I will if I have to just plz tell me if i need to!!!

You may be getting your period soon. But theres no way to be sure. Also i suggest you mention something to your mom so you can get the necessary supplies. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 9/2/2011 8:14:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Please help. Every time I've gotten my period I was surprised and it happens at the worst possible times! I never get any signs when it's coming, no cramps, PMS, and no weird cravings. This has been going on for almost a year and I'm sick of being surprised! Do you have any advice?

Hey girlie,

Grab a calendar and mark down the last time you got your period. (Circle the day with a red pen or write "P" in the corner of that day.) Then, count 28-32 days from that day. Of course periods are irregular and it might still surprise you, but this is generally the range when you should expect it. As a rule, keep a pad tucked in the bottom of your bag at ALL times - that way, even if it's way early or late, you won't be unprepared Smile

by MusikRox1999 on 9/1/2011 11:39:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So i think i just got my first period. when I saw it I freaked out and threw the underwear away after cleaning myself up. I don't know how to tell my mom because i know she'll tell my stepdad. And when he finds out, he'll start cracking jokes(I know because he done it before), and even though I know its a natural process,it makes me fell self-concious and embarssed when he does.
WHAT DO I DO???????

Tell your mom to not tell your step dad! Im sure she would do that for you. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by cooky_cookie_98 on 8/31/2011 9:14:53 PM

Thank you mod! I have an idea! MOD
But my mom buys tampons and pads... should i ask to get pad with her to get smaller ones?

Sure Smile

by JellyBean101 on 8/30/2011 9:13:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! my mom told me that soon i might have my period, but what if it happens during school? I have a boy teacher so what if i ask him if i can go to the nurses office? he'll ask why! what do i say from there? it will be awkward, but i heard a trick: Go into the bathroom and put a wad of toilet paper in your pants... but what if it falls out while im running? i know i'm asking a lot, but i just want to be prepared for anything!
Thanks Mod!!!

Carry a pad/tampon and change of panties in your locker or purse and ask to be excused to the restroom Smile

by JellyBean101 on 8/30/2011 9:05:44 PM

Hey, I was wondering if I'm getting my period. I read the symptoms above and I noticed that some of the same things are happening to me. I have headaches, tender boobs, mood swings, anD discharge in my underwear.

Sounds like it may be coming soon Smile

by SmileyGirl^.^ on 8/30/2011 8:35:37 PM

I know

by kristen526 on 8/29/2011 8:58:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can your period last only one day? (I got mine yesterday) and I haven't had any blood in my pad or "down there". Is all that normal?
Thanks!!

Yup, that's totally normal, especially if this is one of your first few periods.

Brittany T.

by sweetypie2 on 8/25/2011 9:49:38 AM

MOD mod MOD (Brittany) sorry i forgot to mention i havent had my period ever yet so what i meant to say is am i getting my FIRST period soon? thanks sorry for the confusion Smile

Got it--it all depends on if you are getting other symptoms related to your period, such as cramps, increase in discharge, breats tenderness, etc.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/23/2011 6:03:31 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod hey so yesterday i went to a clothes store and we were in the bra section and i felt like i wanted to cry because the bras were so big and i have rreeeeaaaalllly tiny boobs so i felt insecure. then tooday i was playing wii and i lost in baseball to the computer and i felt like i wanted to cry too. are these over senseitivity am i getting my period soon. thanks

It all depends--is this something that occurs when it's normally time for your period?

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/23/2011 5:22:53 PM

dear moderador i need help, two days ago when i went to the bathroom and wiped there was blood but nothing in my underwear. i told my mom,used a pad and forgot about it.later before i went to bed i checked again and there was nothing in the pad or when i wiped. since then i have been having more dischare than usual and lower back pains.is this the begining of my period???

Hey girl, when this happens sometimes its called spotting. It might be the beginning of your period. You might want to wear a light liner just in case it is your period, and keep pads or tampons in your bag just in case.

xoxo tory

Tory N.

by dtink3rbell on 8/22/2011 11:58:36 AM

mod mod mod i posted a comment at like 3 yesterday and it 10:45. why has it taken so long to come up. it was a "mod" so i wanna know. thanks. it usually takes like 5 minutes...

Hey girl, we're working hard to get your comments up as fast a we can!

xoxo tory

Jess D.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/22/2011 11:48:17 AM

MOD MOD:
School's starting soon and my locker is very far from the BR.Last year I could just sneak my pads into the br.What do I do? I don't want my friends,annoying boys or my crush to see me with a purse going to the BR.Help I hate getting my period in school.BTW,I'm entering 8th grade.thanks

Hey girl, try putting it in your pocket and casually walk to the bathroom with your hand by your side- no one will notice unless you draw attention to it.

xoxo tory

Jess D.

by BUCK123BUCK on 8/22/2011 11:03:00 AM

MODERATOR!
so i got my period for the first time ten minutes ago. and i just want help with not acting moody. i didn't feel mood earlier today but now i think my mind is playing tricks on me and wants me to think i'm moody! help! LaughingD thanks(:

hey! I do the exact same thing when I'm feeling moody, except when I feel sad and I don't know why I'll start tricking myself into thinking I'm sad for various reasons, even if I'm not...if that makes sense lol. Anyway my advice is to trust your instincts. If you don't think you're sad, then you're probably not. It's ok to be sad for no reason too. sometimes that happens. good luck!
Helen S.

by Gigilove321 on 8/19/2011 5:21:30 PM

hey so i mom and i were trying to disgust my older sis about periods and i was talking about that i might get my period soon from my cramps and lower back and my fatigue (which are actually true and i havent gotten my first period yet) and then she was like... you just want ur period so much that u think ur having cramps...ya know,sisters. so that got me thinking if thats true or not. is it? cuz idk if ireally want my period or if i dont want it at all untill im like 16. (im 12) sooo yah thank u so muchhh Tong

Hey girl,

As most girls with their period would tell you, it's not something you really want. While sure, it's a sign you're growing up, it can also be a major inconvenience. But if you really are starting to have cramps, carry a pad with you just in case -- you'll be prepared, whether or not you're actually going to get it soon.

Sarah G.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/19/2011 4:36:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hello miss moderator,
i am 12 and today i got cramps in my stomach and under my belly. it really hurt and i wasnt home so i couldnt really do anything about it or tell my mom. yeah so anyway like 3 hours later i had some water and goldfish and then i felt all better. so i came home and then later my lower back started hurting in fact as im typing it hurts. i have pubic hair and ive had white discharge but idk how long for i wasnt keeping track.i also get really annoyed at my dad and want him to go away. so yah are these all signs im getting my period REALLY soon? thank u soooo much mod!

Hey girl, definitely signs, especially the discharge. It's coming soon. Be ready with pads in case!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/18/2011 11:56:22 PM

I got mine when I was 11 too!

by txtingirl on 8/18/2011 10:38:33 PM

Miss Moderador!
So, whenever my mom gets her monthly gift, I get all PMSy and blah, with uber bad cramps and all, and then I have no blood! This month I got brownish discharge that was reeeeally light brown and a pinprick of like this bloody booger (Ew, I know.)Whats going on?! I just want blood already. Frown

Hey girl, sounds like some definite spotting or you're close to your period. Wear a pantyliner just to be safe and let your mom know.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by IvyTheBunny on 8/16/2011 11:43:24 PM

MOd
I have been getting white discharge for seven months now!!! Will my period come soon? how many more months is it normal to have discharge?

There is no normal amount of time to have discharge, that and no one can say for sure when their period will come

by clairebear694 on 8/16/2011 5:05:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! so like a week or so ago on a Sunday night i had really bad cramps I was about to cry and then the continued on Monday morning but then I didn't see anything. not a thing! so i was wondering, could this have been a false period alarm or something else? Please help!

Hey girl. Sounds like PMS. It is totally common to get cramps before your period starts. If it continues for a while longer and you don't get your period ask a doc what's up.

mary h.

by countrymusiclovermdg on 8/11/2011 11:35:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm really freaked about dealing with my period at school. I know I can put it in like a make-up bag but I still don't really want to be seen taking that to the bathroom! What else could I do? I really don't want to go the whole day on 1 pad. Also, I know they do have the little boxes to put them in, but do you put the wrapper from your pad in there too?

Buy a tampon/pad carrier Smile

by pixie1599 on 8/9/2011 8:23:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
My doc said that right before my period I would be my max height. Is that true, because I think it'll be hitting soon and I really want to be taller! Frown

If your doctor said it, then yes ma'am

by BrittKitt on 8/9/2011 6:35:31 PM

MODERATOR!!! I just started to get that white mucus thing on my underwear a lot and now i don't know what to do! Should i tell my mum? what should i do? Plz help

Hey babe. White or clear discharge is usually normal. If you are really nervous or it smells then you should tell your mom. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/03/16/dealing-with-discharge.aspx

mary h.

by suzio1 on 8/9/2011 3:43:06 AM

I just got mine yesterday b4 i was supposed to go swimming at my friend's house. It freaks you out, but it will get to be sort of normal.

by basketballcutie11 on 8/6/2011 6:49:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD MODERATOR!
Hi so ummm here goes im just curious. im 5 feet 2 or 3in and about 100 pounds (is that underweight or overweight btw) and im going into 7th grade.i just turned 12 like a week and a half ago. i have little "buds" but i wouldnt exactly call them "boobs". i havent gotten my period yet but my oldest sister got hers at about 12 and a half yrs old and the middle sis (im the youngest) had hers at around 14 or 15. will i probably get my period between those ages? haha thanks and sorry that was reeaaally long.

Hey girlie, as long as you're eating healthy then you're a perfect weight! As far as your period, it's totally dependent on body type and genetics. Since you're on the thinner side, you might get it closer in age to your middle sister, but it's impossible to say for sure.
Lauren T.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/6/2011 1:16:11 AM

@HannahRey Height has nothing to do with getting your period, but weight does. Your body needs a certain amount of body weight to start having a period. When I got mine for the first time, I was about 110 pounds or so (give or take a few). Hope this helps(: If you have anymore questions, feel free to check out my Advice Queens page (ILoveBigTimeRush1) and ask any questions you want!

by ILoveBigTimeRush1 on 8/5/2011 9:10:42 PM

Hey I haven't gotten my period yet but all my friends have they are a lot bigger than me so I was wondering if when you got your period had anything to do with size?

by HannahRey on 8/4/2011 11:39:34 PM

I'm 15 and 3 months old and still havent gotten my period. I am scared that it will come at a very embarrassing moment but I know that I am prepared for it because of all the times I've talked to my mom and the amount of different sized pads I keep in my backpack. But the best thing of all is knowing how to just laugh about it along with everybody else. As long as you don't let yourself feel like a fool you won't look like one. One time I was on the trampoline and my pants ripped. I just stood there and when my friend asked what that noise was I told her with a straight face that it was my pants ripping. After that I didn't feel awkward anymore and we both belly laughed for like 10 minutes. ;)

by Roohboo on 8/4/2011 10:56:45 PM

Don't freak out ! Be prepared with a little kit adn do some research.I wear pantyliners everyday to keep me fresh and to be prepared for my irregular cycle!You can also borrow from a friend or nurse in a desperate sit.
Hope I helped !
esm257

by esm257 on 8/4/2011 9:01:57 PM

On Monday, I got my first period and I was just about to leave for a 4-day trip to Oklahoma. Luckily I had like a 6-month supply of pads and some tampons. It really doesn't matter what age your mom got her period 'cause my mom got hers at 14 and I'm 11.

by Girl10 on 8/4/2011 6:33:18 PM

Mod!! Well I asked my mom for pantyliners because I get discharge everyday! How many times a week should I wear pantyliners?

Hey girl,

If you get discharge everyday and are worried about it getting in your underwear, then you should wear the pantyliners everyday. x0x0

by LoveHappens on 8/4/2011 1:52:49 PM

Mod!! Hi! Yesterday me and my mom went bra shopping and makeup shopping. I got 7 bras. One sports and acouple can come un-straped. ( is that enough, I'm only 12 ). We also got a little tin container with pantyliners inside. And then, I've been telling her I want real box of pantyliners. So without me knowing she got me a 120 pack of pantyliners! She told me I can't wear them everyday because its not good for me and I can only wear them if I get my period.? But can I wear them everyday? Or only like three times a week? Why can't I wear them everyday? Thanks bye.

Hey girl,

You only need to wear pantyliners if you think you're about to get your period, or if you're at the very end of it. There's no reason for you to wear them every day anyway. It's not that they're bad for you, they would just be uneccessary. x0x0

by LoveHappens on 8/4/2011 1:17:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'm 12 and my mom got her period between age 12 and 13. I turn 13 in march. I have had discharge for about a year. Sometimes I can feel the discharge come out(Weird)
I'm just scared to think my period can be coming anytime soon, I have all the signs and I use pantie liners. Help!

Hey girl. Take a breath! You are so prepared for this! It sounds like you could be getting it soon. I got my period when I was 13.

mary h.

by JessyGirl9198 on 8/2/2011 12:35:19 PM

Mod!! Thanks, but my dad doesn't know I have my period I got it a month ago and he was out of town... I'm really nervous to tell him but. I don't wanna leak and stufff.. What do i ssay??? Thanks

You don't have to make a big deal outta "revealing" to him that you have your period. Instead, just say something along the lines of what I already told you. He knows what pads are and will get the hint! Be casual about it - it's really not a big deal and it's a necessary purchase that you gotta make, so take a deep breath and do it!

by Tayincali on 8/1/2011 9:07:41 PM

MOD!!!!!!! Ok so I should get my period In a week or so, but my mom is out of town for 2 weeks, and I'm with my dad and have no pads and only pantyliners, which I soak up in 30 mins. WHAT SHOULD I DO ,?????? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! Frown

Hey girl,

You can do one of three things:

1) Go out with one of your besties and, while you're at her house or at the mall, make a pit-stop at the drugstore to buy some pads with your own money.

2) Walk to the store yourself and buy them.

3) Take a deep breath, swallow the awkwardness, and tell dad. He knows you're growing up and that you have your period already (moms talk, promise ya), so you just have to get over your own nerves and tell him. Be casual about it - "Hey dad? Mom left without buying me a new thing of deodorant and a bag of pads. Think we could hit Walgreens today so I can stock up?" Being friendly and relaxed will put you both at ease... you gotta have those pads, babe, so go for it!

by Tayincali on 8/1/2011 8:28:25 PM

Mod Mod Mod Smile
I get my period about every 14 to 15 days, is that bad ?
thanks so much for all the help you have given me in the past. Smile

Hey babe! Your period is probably just regulating, you could always ask your doctor about it though if that continues. If it's been doing that for more than like 5 months then talk to you doctor to see if there is something you can do to help regulate it. xoxo
Jess W.

by chocolatechiplover on 8/1/2011 10:55:04 AM

What the heck I keep getting like boogers in my undies, and it's not discharge, but I am still getting discharge please help asap!

by queenra on 7/29/2011 11:43:12 PM

Mod mod mod!!! So my mom knows I got my first period last month and I should get it in about one week, but I used pantyliners and I had use like 1 for 6 hours and I ruined some undies. But my moms going out of town and I'll be with my dad, do you have any advice on asking my mom if I could get some pads just in case......??? Any advice? Thanks

Tell her you had an accident and need pads

Brittay G.

by tayincali on 7/29/2011 8:11:26 PM

MOD MOD!!!!!
i;ve been having discharge for a couple of months,i also have pubic hair, and sometimes it hurts under my belly. I haven't started yet. All the other girls in the family started when they were 12 HELP!!!!

Hey babe! I answered your other post, so check out that one!
Jess W.

by girls_rock on 7/29/2011 9:44:57 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
I've been having discharge, pubic hair, and pains under my belly sometimes. Does that mean i'm going to have my period,because i haven't started yet. All the other girls in the family started when they were 12 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey chica! It will come when you're body is ready for it. It Every body is different, it doesn't matter when the other women in your family got it. Those are definitely warning signs, so stay prepared. You should have pads on you at all times in case it comes at an inopportune moment. xoxo
Jess W.

by girls_rock on 7/29/2011 9:37:07 AM

I Havent Started And im ** ..Something Wrong ? Jess W.

by Grillypretty on 7/29/2011 1:18:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
I'm on vacation right now and have my period. It's really light but still enough to where I have to wear a pad. I'm going to the beach today and I want to wear a tampon. I've been trying all week to put in a tampon but I would get too squeamish. Then yesterday I got the applicator halfway up there and it stopped. It felt as if it wouldn't go any further. I though maybe it couldn't go up anymore so I tried pushing the tampon in but that wouldn't go up either. I'm afraid to push hard cause I don't want it to hurt. What should I do to make it go up without hurting??

Hey girl,

It shouldn't really hurt when it goes in, but should instead slide up easily. Maybe you're putting it in at a bad angle, so keep trying because practice makes perfect! Good luck x0x0

by Sj96 on 7/28/2011 10:43:49 AM

MOd MOd Mod!
What is the normal age for getting your period??? Because I am 11, 12 next month, and I have been getting discharge, my boobs are coming in, and I have pubic hair so I am wondering if I am on my way to having Aunt Flo surprise me throughout the school year.If so what are some steps I can use to prevent embaressing from happening in front of everybody at school. Help!Smile

Just be prepared with tampons and pads and youll be fine! I like to keep mine in a cute little case i can bring with me to the bathroom. Also to answer your first question i do believe you will get it soon. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by blbsweetpea0824 on 7/27/2011 9:20:11 PM

MoD MOd mOD
Ok so today I noticed yellow stuff in my panties. But normally I have either white or light yellow discharge. I am not sure if this is normal. Help?!?

Helen S.

by blbsweetpea0824 on 7/27/2011 7:46:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i have an irregular period and haven't gotten it yet this month. this saturday im leaving super early for a 10 hr. flight to an island for an awesome vaca!! there is a 5 hour time difference and i heard that that can delay your period when your meal times and sleep times are all messed up. is this true??? i've still had some pms symptoms though
thx a bunch!!

hey! I'm not sure, i think you should message your doctor's office to get more info. good luck!
Helen S.

by askme923 on 7/27/2011 6:03:28 PM

Mod mod mod I don't know when my period is coming. I have cramps at the end of the month but nothing comes out what's going on

Is this your first period? If so, you may not know when it's coming. If it's not, count 28 days from your last period, which should give you an estimate.

by emma1025 on 7/26/2011 5:27:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Are you suppose to be having discharge everyday ? because i havent had discharge in like more than a week is that normal?

Hey girl,

Yes that's totally normal. Everyone's different, so there's no real set amount you are or aren't supposed to have. x0x0

by tinacrystal on 7/26/2011 4:40:14 PM

I been having bad cramps in my lower back and in the area below my stomach non-stop since last night around 8 o'clock-ish. I'm 14 and still don't have my period. Do you think i might be getting it soon? I know there's no way for YOU to know for sure but... yeah.
Thanks- BeachCoffee

Hey girl,

Getting cramps in your lower back is definitely a sign that your period's coming, so get ready! x0x0

by BeachCoffee on 7/26/2011 4:23:50 PM

For the last couple of days either my discharge has been a dark to light brown or else i have an infection any answers???? PLEASE i need help now

by soccerfreak78 on 7/26/2011 11:48:25 AM

MOd MOD MOD! How do you delete your own advice queen page??

Hey girl. There should be an option under 'update my advice queen page.'

mary h.

by blbsweetpea0824 on 7/26/2011 9:43:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok,so down there I itch alot. The thing is a day or two after itching heavily my pee was really stinky and dark,my mom said there's nothing wrond,but is that a sign of having your period? Thanks in advice. Smile

Hey girl. I think that you should have this checked out. It sounds like it may be a UTI or something like that.

mary h.

by ~.~_DD_is_the_best_~.~ on 7/26/2011 6:12:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Ive had my period for 3 years now and ice always used pads. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I'm going to be going to the beach and swimming. I've tried to use a tampon before but the thought of putting something inside my body makes me feel super uncomfortable. I've tried using a tampon more than once but I can't get myself to do it. My body is totally relaxed but I can't even start to put it in without taking it away because of the feeling. What should I do? I don't want my vacation I've been waiting for for 2 years to be ruined.

Hey girl,

This is one of those "mind over matter" situations. By thinking this way, you've already talked yourself outta using the tampon before you've even tried putting it in! Think of all the ways using a tampon will help you on your trip - all the great things you'll get to do because of the tampon that you wouldn't get to do with a pad. Use that as motivation, take a deep breath, and go for it. I'm not gonna lie, the feeling is weird/intense/funny at first, but I promise once it's "in" there you won't feel it one bit. And you totally get used to it the more you use them!

by Sj96 on 7/25/2011 5:13:59 PM

I had a dream about me having my period last nite. Does this prove nethin? Cuz I have small boobs nd sum times I get a discharge. Will this prove nethin?

by Kitkatoo on 7/25/2011 1:58:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD What are the symptoms of getting your period? I just had my bday (im 12) and my mom and stepmom had there period right after they turned 12. Am I going to start soon? The last couple days I keep getting heat flashes for no reason when everybody else is fine! Am I starting soon? I am afraid! Also, do you gget discharge before your period? I havent had any but.. Please Help!!!

Hey chica!  Usually, you do get discharge a while before you get your period.  As far as I know, heat flashes aren't a predictor of getting your period.  There's no way to say when you'lll get if for sure - so be patient! xoxo

Marie H.

by minkymouse on 7/23/2011 12:04:18 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD! Ok so I have pubic hair, discharge, and my boobs have grown quite a lot, approximetly how long do you think it will be til' I get my period??

Hey girl. You might not like this answer but it really depends for everyone. There's not set timeline of when you'll get your period unfortunately.

kara g.

by blbsweetpea0824 on 7/22/2011 4:21:08 PM

MOD MOD!
These are kind of weird questions, but do girls usually put deodorant on before bed? And i haven't had my period yet, but is it possible that it could leak over the top of a pad? I know those are sort of weird questions but im still curious.
Thanks!

hey! dont worry about it it's not a weird question Smile I don't use deodorant before bed, but it's certainly not bad to do that
Helen S.

by cutiecayley333 on 7/22/2011 1:09:16 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD! When you use a tampon, does that mean that your not a virgin anymore??

hey! absolutely not.
Helen S.

by blbsweetpea0824 on 7/22/2011 12:01:03 PM

I am not saying we all should be super happy about getting our period but once you start and get used to what happens, its not that bad. So it only happens once, that is getting our first period so its nothing to be worried about.

by luckykel on 7/21/2011 11:46:22 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! I am 11 amd my birthday is next month but I have pubic hair, discharge, and my breasts have been growing quite a lot lately. I am wondering if I show some signs of getting my period soon. Do you think I am??

Hey girl, you are definitely showing signs of puberty, and getting your period is part of that. I'd be ready with pads and know periods just aren't something anyone can predict the start day of exactly.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by blbsweetpea0824 on 7/21/2011 9:52:12 PM

I have had discharge for about three months now. I am not sure how I will feel about getting my period, except for the fact that I'm a total blood-o-phobic!I try to avoid talking about and seeing blood, and i can't even stand to watch a movie scene with FAKE blood!!! How do I deal with the blood that I know I can't avoid???

Hey girly,

You're right, you can't avoid it. You may think that you can't deal with blood now, but when your period comes you may react differently. You just kinda have to stick it out since there's nothing you can really do. But, you can also talk to your doctor to see if there's anything you can do to get over this phobia. Good luck! x0x0

by parischick2 on 7/21/2011 1:53:48 PM

Mod mod mod.!! Im too young to use tampons.Because i have cheerleading practice so i wanted to start wearing tampons i asked my grandmother she said yes but another question is im scared what do i do and what if it get stuck and i get tss or i forget to change helpp

Hey babe! If you have your period you're not too young to use tampons. Don't be nervous, I know it's weird at first but it's not a big deal. Check out the link for more help! Also, TSS is very rare, so as long as you don't leave your tampon in for more than 8-9 hours you should be fine. It was more common before, when tampons were made of some other material. So no worries, just be prepared and remember to change it. xoxo

Jess W.

by ☮Dreamlover on 7/21/2011 11:17:31 AM

MOD!!! i go to a catholic school and we have to wear uniforms consisting of khaki and navy shorts/pants. the problem is i haven't had my period yet. i think i might've had some discharge recently, but i don't know when i'll have it. i already have pads ready for my back pack, but if i have it at school will it show throw khaki pants???
do you have an idea on when i'll get my period??? thanks

Hey babe! There's no calendar to follow to show when or where you'll get your period. Just keep pads on you and if you want to make sure you can keep an extra pair of pants in your locker. That way if you do leak (which totally sucks, but it does happen) you won't have to worry because you'll be covered, no pun intended. Sorry girlie, but there not really another way to be prepared. It's rough and it sucks waiting for it to come, but it will and you'll be ready. xoxo
Jess W.

by dancerwithattitude10 on 7/21/2011 9:47:43 AM

I just got my period on Saturday Frown but think it was just spotting. I'm almost 15, so I kind if was expecting it but I had no symptoms! Good thing I was at home and not out anywhere! I'm thinking of using cloth pads and maybe a diva cup when I'm older. Does anyone use any of those things?

by blueeyes67 on 7/20/2011 6:48:50 PM

I got my first period a year ago, and was really irregular. I haven't had my period for 3 months. When will my period get regular? thanks! Have a good day!

Hey girly,

It does usually take about a year for your period to get on track, so be patient. If you still don't get your next period, you should go see your doctor just to make sure everything's OK. x0x0

by Americauna on 7/20/2011 4:39:56 PM

Hey girly,

Having discharge shouldn't hurt at all, so you should definitely go see your doctor to make sure that you don't have an infection and that everything's OK. x0x0

by foreverme! on 7/20/2011 4:05:34 PM

MOD MOD!
My teacher told me that after about 6 months of discharge you should get your period about a month later. but ive had fluid for 2 years! is there something wrong with me?

Hey girly,

Most girls do get discharge about 6 months before getting their first period, but there's no "normal" for periods, so everyone's different.  There's nothing wrong with you, you just have to be prepared for when your period comes because it could be soon! x0x0

by mickyabc on 7/20/2011 3:14:16 PM

MOD!!! i just got my period and there are no pads in the house and i dont know how to use tampons. im so scared. i dont know what to do. i feel like crying and my mom isnt home. help me please.

Hey girly,

Is there a neighbor you could call to give you pads? Or another family member who could run out and get some? Stay calm, and wait for your mom. As long as you're in the house, you'll be fine. Just remember to buy a lot of pads next time so you're not in this situation again. x0x0

by gorgeousgirls on 7/20/2011 11:35:28 AM

MOD!!
okay so I'm going to be getting my period soon and this month I want to switch to tampons. I have had my period for about 4 years now, and I'm sick of pads. They make me feel so gross. I have read about tampons and understand how to properly use them. The only problem is I don't know how to bring this up to my mom. She hates tampons so she would be shocked that I want to use them. What should I do and what would be a good way to ask her? Also would you recommend U by Kotex or Tampax Pearl for my first time using them? Which is easier to insert and remove? thanks!

Hey girly,

You should tell her that even though she doesn't like using tampons, this is your body and you think you'd like them a lot more. You can tell her that you don't feel comfortable wearing pads, and you feel like you're mature enough to make your own decision about what to use. As for which kind, everyone likes different things so it's really hard to say--you just need to choose yourself. Good luck! x0x0

by kao23 on 7/20/2011 11:32:20 AM

MOD MOD MOD-
I got my period for the first time a couple days ago, but I only had it for 4 days. Is that normal?
Thanks!

Hey girly,

When it comes to periods, everyone's different, so there's no real "normal". Girls can have it for 3 days, 4 days, or even more--it just depends on your body. x0x0

by Gessi:) on 7/20/2011 3:17:39 AM

GIRLS, I JUST CREATED THREE BRAND NEW CLUBS!
ONLY GIRLS IN THE WORLD- For all my only children sistahs!
VENT IT OUT- When you just had that bad moment in your day and needed to share it with someone
CLUB HAWAI`I- Wanna know which places you should visit if you go there? Want to learn some Hawaiian words?
Check my profile out to join!

by purpleorchid on 7/20/2011 2:09:34 AM

My friend and I are going to the pool tomorrow and we are both on our periods. She is wearing a tampon, but I've never done a tampon, and I don't have any, and DONT plan on wearing one, so that plan is out. It is also suppose to be SUPER hot tomorrow...so would it be ok to just get in the pool for like 5 minutes then get out? *We are mostly tanning* WITHOUT a tampon or pad. Will that mess anything up? Also, the pool is a public one, and uses chlorine and whatever else a public pool uses. ALSO, lol sorry for the questions, I have black boyshort swim bottoms, so do I need to wear a pad, bc I mean, if I get in the pool, I cant wear a pad!? Maybe I can fine some wipes or go to the bathroom if I feel really wet? Do you think it will bleed through...I started Saturday/Friday *Sorry can't remember at the moment!* and Im not bleeding not to hard. So please, sorry for the all the questions, but answer ASAP! Thanks MODS.

Hey girl, you need to wear a pad with your bottoms. You're still going to be flowing. To be safe, I'd suggest just dipping your feet in. If you go in with your period, the blood will get in the water and it's not fair to the other swimmers.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 7/19/2011 11:48:49 PM

A few nights ago I had lower back pain and today I had a headache almost all day. I've had discharge for a year now and I've been kind of moody lately........ Do you think my period could be coming?

by mt731 on 7/19/2011 10:31:34 PM

A few nights ago I had pain in my lower back, then today I had a headache for most of the day. I've had discharge for a year now and I've been kind of moody lately.... Do you think my period could be coming?

by mt731 on 7/19/2011 10:28:48 PM

It's fine trust me although that doesnt mean its fun...I just got mine and my mom was supah supportive and great about it!!and @526love Its not actually that great!I mean ya,ya,ya your a woman and such but its not really all that great!I wanted mine,got it,and wanted to return it!Smile Just BE PREPARED!! Smile
~baconlvr711~

by baconlvr711 on 7/19/2011 10:26:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! PLEASE!!!! how can i keep flirting with guys fun but cute at the same time? and without people noticing? thanks!!!

Hey girl, that's a toughie, but I think it's all about your style. Just have fun yourself and it will be fun. Really, just be yourself. And don't you want people to notice, especially the guy? The point of flirting is to show a guy you like him.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by karategirl78 on 7/19/2011 9:49:27 PM

i got mine when i was 12; september 7th 2011. i was prepared because i've been wearing liners everyday because of my discharge that comes out randomly. at first i was like what the... and then im like oh yeah its a period! LOL Smile

by ifreakinloveeyou on 7/19/2011 9:47:35 PM

I want my period sooooooo bad!!!!

by 526love on 7/19/2011 9:10:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have had discharge for 6 months now and am supposed to get it this or the next month. For the past few weeks,I have had heavy white discharge,bloating every night,mood swings,headachs,sensitive boobs and total sugar and salt cravings and more. Are these sighs?

Yes they are

by iluvmusic♥ on 7/19/2011 8:48:00 PM

I didn't feel wet at all i went to the bathroom right before i was gonna go to school and all the sudden i realized that that wasn't discharge..... it was blood! i sat there for a few seconds and then dashed downstairs to tell my mom... she was really supportive and lent me a pad and bought me my own pack after school Smile don't worry just tell your mom (or trusted adult doesn't matter if it's ur dad) and they'll be there for you Laughing hope this helps

by qtpie42 on 7/19/2011 8:44:48 PM

It's fine dont worry
And I recommend u carry pads or tampons all the time since it doesn't have a regular time, and it may come any time.

And check out my profile I love to chat

by cre8tive_2114 on 7/19/2011 7:33:18 PM

Join my club Alpha's Elites and A-Listers ONLY if you have what it takes ;)

by Jounga on 7/19/2011 7:31:46 PM

I havent had my period but am supposed to be getting it anytime soon. My discharge has been very heavy the past days. I just went swimming and after i got out of the pool my friends and i had some ice cream. I was just sitting there and i got a horrible cramp that made it hurt to move. Now it smells weird down there. Whats up?

Doesn't sound like it, but only time will tell

by cittycat1998 on 7/19/2011 7:13:29 PM

MODMODMOD! ok so i've been getting vaginal discharge for about a year and still no period! whats up?

Discharge is one of many symptoms of a pending period, so you just have to give it more time

by julismiles on 7/19/2011 5:19:56 PM

i got mine june 2010

by filaluvva on 7/19/2011 5:06:36 PM

Mod! I've had discharge for more than a year now and I still haven't had my period. I thought it should have come a long time ago so it's hard to be ready. Any tips?

The only thing you can do is wait it out and as the symptoms increase, make sure you have pads, tampons, etc.

by cpcaper on 7/19/2011 4:52:19 PM

I got mine while i was in hawaii last month. i completly forgot to pack any pads! I was miserable!

by taylorswiftfan1236 on 7/19/2011 3:40:12 PM

K i got my period a couple weeks ago and didnt tell my mom. Why? cause i had brown discharge once and she thought it was my period and assumed i had it. did i need to tell her? oh and im scared she'll schedule a doctors appointment while im on it and its a new doctor so idk what theyll do....thanks.

Hey girl,

You really should tell your mom that you have it. And as for the doctor, there's absolutely no reason that you should be scared or nervous, because it's only a doctor's job to help you, so that's all they will or want to do. x0x0

by animallover234 on 7/19/2011 2:53:31 PM

You don't need to freak chica remember you aren't the first to have your period and you definatly not the last to have it.

by cydib16 on 7/19/2011 2:38:04 PM

I got mine when I was in Nicaragua. It was miserable! I was the only girl there in a foreign country! I only had like three pass… I bleed through my undIes…most miserable time of my life!

by gotducttape on 7/19/2011 2:04:02 PM

i got my when i was 13 feburary 15 2011!

by rdorrow on 7/19/2011 2:02:48 PM

Mod! I have had my discharge about 6months but my mom said that i might get my period when she got hers at age 14, is that true??

Hey girly,

Getting your period depends on genetics, but it also depends on other things like your weight. So, just because your mom got her period at 14 doesn't mean you will also. x0x0

by cupcaketeal13 on 7/19/2011 12:09:51 PM

I was spending the night at my grandmothers when I got mine! I had got a headache the night before, but I wasn't expecting it! I was shakin so badly!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 7/19/2011 11:44:52 AM

I was not prepared for mine! It happened when I was eleven! In a church summer day camp with my BFF, she was the first to know I was so scared coming out of the bathroom, I was shaking with fright. Being eleven! When my older Sister got it when she was lik fourteen!
Thank goodness i had a long shirt on, and it was almost time to be picked up!

by Lll328 on 7/19/2011 11:20:41 AM