AN HOUR AGO One girl's dream dude comes to life in this new romantic thriller: http://t.co/xbUWi8hGDD

2 HOURS AGO Our fave 4 fashionistas from the Young Hollywood Awards: http://t.co/aK6YhM7ACD

3 HOURS AGO When to put the breaks on your #FWB relationship: http://t.co/QHXXVEw8w4

COMMENTS

I have a cold sore. Do I have herpes?

I was sitting in health class yesterday and we were talking about STIs...

MOD MOD MOD MOD- urgent
Lately I've been having painful periods that come with sharp cramps and major migraines. They hurt so much I just end up lying on my bed or the floor crying my eyes out till they stop. I'm way to scared/embarrassed to tell my dad though (I don't have a mom) I don't think he'd understand! Help!

Oh hon! I'm sorry. My cramps get really bad just like that so I know exactly how you feel. I suggest you tell your dad though. You don't have to tell him the gory details (because youre right - hes not going to understand) but at the very least you need to tell him youre in a lot of pain. He can get you some advil or midol that will help that pain go away. Parents are supposed to be there to make you feel better when youre sick and I bet your dad would want to help you with all this pain. Good luck hon. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Kat_13 on 12/18/2012 10:32:41 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
This summer, I kind of had a fling with a guy and we were kissing a lot. Since then, I have noticed lots of small sores all over my tongue. Is this because of that? Previously, I had never kissed anyone. If so, do I need to talk to a doctor? I am not actually allowed to date, so what would I tell my parents???
Thanks so much!

I suggest you talk to your doctor about it. See what they think. They will listen to you in private if you need. But they would know best. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by doomgrl31 on 7/27/2011 10:36:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD My veins when i am cold of during winter always show but they are sooooooo noticeable like i have ovals of blue and red on my leg!!!!!!!!! how do i get them to not show and just be white plz plz plz HELP Smile thanks Smile

Unfortnately, I'm not sure  Have you tried talking to a doctor?

Brttany G.

Brittany G.

by remyodensimon on 7/26/2011 6:39:29 PM

MOD?
Hi. I'm really pale, and i usually love it, but i kinda want a summery glow, not papery white skin haha. How can I get a tan without harming my skin in the sun, it washing off or breaking the bank? Thanks so much!

hey! i would say just spend time in the sun. don't lay out, and wear sunscreen, but participating in outdoor activities will give you that healthy glow you're looking for. good luck!
Helen S.

by polska456 on 7/23/2011 7:26:38 PM

Me, my mom and my brother all get cold sores. My mom's a doctor and said we got the herpes simplex I virus (cold sores) from kissing, sharing food or drink with someone who has a cold sore outbreak, it doesn't really have anything to do with being clean. We all used to get them a lot from being stressed out, or tired, and for me, during the summer when I go to the beach a lot. My mom used to give us Valtrex to use which helped a lot,but she found Cold Sores Begone which is made from herbs so she wanted us to use that instead. It's awesome. When you feel that FEELING on your lip when you know its coming, you dab it on and the cold sore doesn't come out.

by metoo on 7/21/2011 6:52:45 AM

hi girls i'd really appreciate it if you checked out my profile & clubs

ONLY GIRLS IN THE WORLD- For all my only children sistahs!

VENT IT OUT- When you just had that bad moment in your day and needed to share it with someone

CLUB HAWAI`I- Wanna know which places you should visit if you go there? Want to learn some Hawaiian words?
Check my profile out to join!

by purpleorchid on 7/21/2011 3:24:35 AM

My ex- best friend used to get them all the time! Pretty Gross =/

by filaluvva on 7/20/2011 8:29:16 PM

LOL I look exactly like the girl in this picture but I have green eyes!

by horsebackrider12 on 7/20/2011 8:29:16 PM

All you have to do is say the word herpes and everyone gets weird. We had this discussion at a sleepover about getting a cold sore and it being a kind of herpes. But I think you can still get a sore on your lips and it still be the kind you can get from having sex and doing other sexual things, it just doesnt have to be a sore that we and guys get on their 'down there' parts.

And believe it or not based on what our teacher said we have more STI's that guys do who are our same age. Our teacher said to look at the person next to you and for ages 13, 14 and 15 one out of four teen girls has a STI from unprotected sex. That shocked us all.

by luckykel on 7/20/2011 4:24:26 PM

I hate cold sores! I get them often.

by caligirl99 on 7/20/2011 3:10:50 PM

A lot of the time, there isn't any outer physical evidence of it other than sometimes cold sores. But it's nothing to worry about as long as you keep clean! Casey L.

by frankensteingirl on 7/20/2011 2:56:09 PM

MOD !
How do you get the GL magazine? Do you have to subscribe somehow to get it, or what? Do you pay for the magazine or no?

Hey girly,

This will answer all your questions: http://www.girlslife.com/page/faq.aspx The magazine is great! x0x0
Casey L.

by kipinoy on 7/20/2011 1:42:12 PM

I had a cold sore on the inside of my mouth on the lip. I just got a cotton ball wet, dipped it in baking soda, and put in on the cold sore. (Don't lick the baking soda, it doesn't taste good" After you let the baking soda sit for about 1 minute, swish some warm water in your mouth until all of the baking soda comes off. Do this for a couple of days until it dissapears! I had a REALLY big one because I kept on biting it and playing with it, but then the next day it was pretty much gone!

by kipinoy on 7/20/2011 1:41:04 PM

MODMODMOD ok lately i have been acting very differently, because i have been screaming at my mom and fighting with her a lot, getting mad over everything, and i have been crying a lot. I have heard that during puberty you have mood swings, but i'm not sure if that's it. Is there something wrong with me?

Hey girly,

It could be mood swings or PMs (when you start getting very emotional), or you could be upset about something else. Try starting a journal and writing down all of your feelings. Getting them out might really help you. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by sammy4457 on 7/20/2011 1:20:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! I'm afraid to kiss! I heard you can get mono from kissing and I REALLY don't want mono but I do want my first kiss when I get a bf. HELP!!!!

Hey girly,

You need to make sure that you know the person you're about to kiss really well, and ask if they've had mono or been sick recently. If you know the person, chances are they'll be no surprises. x0x0
Casey L.

by TeamAlice33 on 7/20/2011 12:57:00 PM

I would freak out if that was me!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 7/20/2011 12:52:20 PM

MODMODMODMOD: i have like a weird case of hives. im alergic to something i ate but it started on monday and now its wednesday and its less but its still there, especially on my back, shoulders, knees and thighs. im going to six flags tomorrow and i cant really go if i have the hives. i tried benadryl and it doesnt really work very well. do you have any ideas on how to fix it? -thanks

Hey girl,

You really should go seen a doctor as soon as you can so that he or she can figure out what you're allergic to and get rid of the hives. x0x0
Casey L.

by daloreanzone on 7/20/2011 12:50:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll get right on that! x0x0 Casey L.

by dancer1846 on 7/20/2011 11:19:41 AM