3 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

4 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

5 HOURS AGO Cute 'n' quick bun styles to try this weekend: http://t.co/dIFvlC8c4i

COMMENTS

Redo your room! Freshen up tired furniture

Is your bedroom set lookin’ a li’l sleepy? Give it a facelift with our easy DIYs!

MOD MOD!!!
My room was going to be painted but it's not going to be anymore because money's tight. What are some ways I can spice up my room inexpensively? Thanks! Smile

Hey girl,

Take my advice in the comment down there with a lil creative twist to save cash! Sewing your own new bedspread by buying thread and fabric at the store is much cheaper than buying a new one at the department store. Make photos (usually prints are about 25 cents a piece) of you and your friends to put on your walls. Have friends make collages or watercolors for you, then post them up on the walls. Rearrange the furniture to refresh your old routine. Shop yard sales or antique stores for inexpensive lamp shades, mirrors, vases, or other accent pieces. Little things like this will really help!
Lauren C.

by ExpAmethyst on 7/25/2011 8:44:04 PM

MOD MOD
I live in an apartment and we cant paint the walls plus i share with my 18yr old sister. What can i do to make the room fill more comfortable and me?

Hey girl,

I live in an apartment too, and trust me...you don't need paint to put your stamp on the room! Rejuvenate your room in different ways - sew a new bedspread with fabrics you love at the craft store, tape photos of you/your friends, pictures from magazines, and paintings on your walls, rearrange the furniture on your side of the room, or invest in a cute little lamp, mirror, or vase to spice up your space. Even these little adjustments will make you feel more at home!
Lauren C.

by audie_mae10 on 7/25/2011 8:34:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD i want to make my queen size bed look like a day bed is that possible? And can i put it infront of a window? thanks

Hey babe. It is possible to make any bed look like a day bed with the right bed frame. Also try lining pillows up against the wall for the same affect. I think you should ask your rents about putting the bed under the window.

mary h.

by princess3156 on 7/25/2011 12:44:19 PM

MOD!
Ok so I REALLY wanna change my room and make it more ME! But I share a room with my lil sister. My room is yellow with different butterflies and bugs painted on them. I like my wall but its too... Kiddish... I have 20 bucks to spend and I cant move anything of hers. Also I used to have a big mirror connected to my dresser but my mom moved it to my sis's. So everytime I need to use the mirror (for makeup and hair stuff) my things get throw on the ground or my dresser. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

Hey babe! The best way to spice up your room is to paint it. If you're sharing with your lil' sis then paint your side, you can make it an accent wall or something. That will cost about $10 for a gallon of paint. Then you can get your own mirror with the leftover money. There are cute, inexpensive mirrors at Target and stores like that. Get a full length one, you can do your makeup in it and check your outfit in it. Make your dresser into a vanity so that you can keep your makeup and hair things organized. Good luck! xoxo
Jess W.

by CutiePoP256 on 7/25/2011 3:45:26 AM

HEYYYYY READ THISSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do u need advice? ive been thru alot so im sure i could help u ive been thru depression as bad as cutting myself ive been thru an eating disorder ive been cheated on nd lied to someone verry verry close to me died ive had my heart broken and i have been on drugs and i got thru all of it with no help and i want to help u check my advice queen page for more

by teamrachel1115 on 7/25/2011 12:41:46 AM

i really want to paint my room a pastel blue to go with my brown carpet, get a beanbag chair or something like that and some cool lamps or a chandelier.

by foodiejr99 on 7/24/2011 7:45:08 PM

i would want to paint most of my furniture lime green, get one of those bed holder things with storage in it,
and i kind of want to mosaic my lamp shades so when i turn them on the light would be the color of the tiles on them!
oh! and some cool metalic wallpaper! ;)

by starry~55 on 7/24/2011 6:10:32 PM

Oh, if I could style my bedroom however, I would get the wall removed and replaced with floor-to-ceiling windows so I can have a full view of nature (with curtains). I would have a loft bed with a desk underneath. It would be ocean themed.

by basketball7 on 7/24/2011 5:05:07 PM

I REALLY want to paint my room! its an ugly yellow right now but i wan't it to be purple, the only problem is my brother just got his room painted and it was a big project so i don't think they would be up for doing it again Frown Frown Frown

by horselover408 on 7/24/2011 1:36:47 PM

I would LOVE having one wall purple, one bright orange, one bright green, and one blue, and have polka dots of the other colors on each wall, have a stereo system and strobe lights.. just a party-tastic colorful bedroom i guess (:

by Ekgurl on 7/24/2011 1:27:11 PM