AN HOUR AGO Bring summer camp to your kitchen with this recipe for s'mores bars: http://t.co/KiwKQgIIrS

2 HOURS AGO Feeling pressured by your BF? @carol_weston weighs in: http://t.co/ep8EtKNgT5

3 HOURS AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag stellar internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/lC3tGfESmN

COMMENTS

Bad habit? Bust it before BTS!

Pick your nose? Bite your nails? It's time to say buh-bye to bad habits...

I bite my nails a lot.Its starting to get really bad at the point where my fingers are more sensitive than before.Also my fingers bleed.I cant open a lot of things anymore.Also the skin around my nails.PLEASE HELP ME!
Myah C.

Hey girlie,

Check out this article for advice specifically related to nail biting! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/01/22/body-nail-biting.aspx

Meghan D.

by MTC 415 on 3/8/2013 9:08:23 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!! i need to figure out how to go to sleep earlier naturally im taking super snooze to get tired at night i have been noticing this since after 3rd grade christmas break is there a way to get tired naturally?

Hey girl!

The best thing to do is turn off the tv, computer, and mp3 player before you go to sleep and do something that relaxes you - try reading or showering. If you start going to upstairs to sleep 5 minutes earlier every week, you will naturally get more tired over time. xoxox
Devin A.

by Jenny9976 on 10/10/2011 1:04:07 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
For a LONG time i have had a lot of trouble sleeping. Like to the point where I would wake my parents up and tell them i couldn't sleep. I don't know if it is eating habits or if there really is something wrong because if i cant sleep and i have school the next day, i end up on my parents floor. im really embarrassed and my back hurts. So help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Alyssa B.

by liltiger on 8/23/2011 6:23:11 PM

mod mod mod.... so just a few days ago my hand started hurting. It is a strange pain right in between my index finger and my thumb in my right hand. (thankfully i'm ambedextrious) it is also swollen. When I was younger starting at age 4 up until I was 9, my dad would come up to me, take my hand in his, and pop my knuckles. I did tell him to stop but he did it anyways. I have finally broke the habit and it's been three years. Some people tell me that if you pop your knuckles you can get arthritis. Other people have told me it's a wives' tale. I don't think it's arthritis, because I haven't popped my knuckels for 3 or 4 years and it's only one hand. But if not arthritis... then what? Either way I'm worried. Thanks Banana____

Hey girl. I'm not a doc, so I can't be sure what is going on with you. From I everything I've heard I would say that knuckle cracking leading to arthritis is a wives tale. I'm pretty sure you don't have arthritis, but you should see a doc to figure out what is going on.

mary h.

by bananaeater345 on 8/8/2011 12:34:10 PM

You think THAT'S gross??
my friend picks her nose and one time one of her HUGE BOOGERS flew RIGHT ON TOP OF MY KNEE!!! it was GROSSSS!! and she started laughing and i almost threw up. oh and once it landed on my foot too. she didn't even notice it then cause we were at the store. its so freakking gross!! it makes me HATE her sometimes!!

by Alykat18 on 8/3/2011 11:33:42 PM

mod mod mod! I have this terrible habit where I bite the side of my mouth and my lip. It hurts really bad, and I have sores and stuff from it, but I can't seem to stop. It used to be a nervouse habit, but now it's just out of control, and it hurts to eat sometimes, and even talk, because I get cankersores. No one in my family understands, even though they say that they do, and are really supportive. (By the way, I am going into eight grade, and I want to get rid of this habit by January, because I don't want to go into high school with that. My worst fear is that I will be kissing someone, and my lip will start bleeding from moving my mouth, which has happened).
Thanks Smile

in order to ward off this bad habit try keeping a tally of how many times you start biting your mouth and stop yourself. keeping track will make you aware of how much you do it every day and make you want to do it less so you don't have to keep track of it at all. also set rewards for yourself like, if you only catch yourself five times one day get ice cream, next if you only do it twice go shopping and the first day you stop entirely get a movie or cd you've been wanting. good luck!
Helen S.

by romanticbookworm13 on 7/27/2011 8:15:01 PM

MOD!
I just read an article in the newest issue of girls life about learning disabilities, and something caught my eye: Discalculia. I've had trouble with math for my entire life, and I've been doing Algebra I for 3 years now (luckily I'm homeschooled, so I can go at my own pace with things that give me problems such as math of any sort.) I looked up discalculia to try and find more symptoms, and I have quite a few of them. I want to ask my mom to look at the symptoms and maybe take me to get tested, but I'm afraid that she'll think I'm making a big deal out of it. I know that she knows how hard math is for me and that I just cannot grasp even more simple stuff (I'm a junior, and I still have trouble with basic math functions), and that she doesn't know how to make me understand. I'm starting dual enrollment at a community college this fall, and I really need to figure out my issues with math. how can I talk to her about it?

hey! just tell her your interested in learning more about this, and if she says you're making a big deal then say you just want to make sure even though it might not be anything. good luck!
Helen S.

by rockinlishy on 7/27/2011 7:39:47 PM

MODMODMOD Im 5 feet 4, and i am a size four (in pants). I want to be a size two in one year, (just in time for highschool). i dont think being a size 0 would be realistic though...so how can i decrease a size??? thanks Smile

Hey girl,

Before you start losing weight, you should think about how that's going to affect your body. Maybe you are already in the average weight group for your age, so check with your doctor to make sure it's healthy for you to lose weight, because you don't wanna be too skinny or unhealthy. Anyway, to decrease a size, you just have to eat healthy and exercise daily. Cut out the sweets and go for a walk every day. x0x0
Casey L.

by jellybean368 on 7/26/2011 4:13:24 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I am going into 7th grade and i still sleep with my baby blanket. My family went camping and i forgot it and was fine and when we got home i started sleeping with it again. How can i stop sleeping with it again? I need help! Thanks in advance.

Hey girl. There is nothing wrong with sleeping with your baby blanket. If you feel bad about still having it cut a lil piece off and sew it onto your pillow or the inside of your comforter. Maybe you could use it to make a pillow (either as stuffing or a cover)?
mary h.

by victory13 on 7/25/2011 3:59:37 PM

MODS!!! so i might be switching schools from private to public and my guy friend knows a girl who might be switching from the public school I'd go to to my private.. It'd b really cool to meet her and find out more about the school...(cuz im really scared) but my friend said we'd just walk over to her house... Im kinda freaked... how can i make it as least awkward as possible? my mom could also call her mom but thwy've nv met.. ugh im scared to come across as stalker-ish... what seems like the least stalker-ish way of doing it? and how can i make it not awkward?

Hey chica! I answered your other post so check out that one! xoxo
Jess W.