AN HOUR AGO What lip color should you *really* be wearing?

2 HOURS AGO Uh-oh, are you using the wrong type of brush? Find out here:

4 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMomentWhen... Tell us your awkward story and you might be featured in the mag!

Discharge overload

Is there any way to decrease the amount of discharge I get?

MOD MOD MOD MOD I started my period last year but i still have tons and tons of discharge. its normal clear/milky white color but theres so much! why?

Hey GL girl! No worries- discharge is a normal part of body change. Just like your period, discharge is a part of puberty, and everyone has a different body type, so don't fret! The important thing is that it's normal colored and healthy. If it continues to bother you, try using panty liners or other types of pads.

Good luck, GL girl!

by emily_button on 7/12/2013 3:47:26 PM

I have been getting heavy, white discharge for almost 6 months now.Is my period on its way and if so, how should I deal with it if it happens at school?

Hey girl, just be prepared. Make sure you have tampons or pads in your backpack at school.

lauren r.

by coolkitty10 on 2/17/2013 7:43:34 AM

In ALL of the articles it says 'you should get your period shortly after starting discharge' or '6 months to a year after' or 'up to 16 months' Well I have been getting it for almost 2 years, so about 20 months I think. That is 4 months over the complete maximum in all the articles! Is there something wrong with me that I don't have my period yet?

Hey girl,

There is absolutely nothing wrong! No worries. Periods are super tricky and hard to generalize since they are different for every single girl. However, if there is any unusual smell or irritation, make sure to get it checked out with your doc!
Kelly G.

by mainbunny1 on 6/15/2012 10:23:25 AM

Hi, can you tell me what "discharge" is? I've seen it in a lot of posts but couldn't find where it says what it is. Thankyou!

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by GirlsABC on 10/11/2011 9:35:31 PM

lately when i've been going to the bathroom, I have a ton of clear discharge when I wipe!! Its just started, and i dont know if i should say anything or not.

Hey girl, I wouldn't worry about it. It's completely natural/normal as you're growing up.

Alyssa B.

by mustache_obsessed on 10/3/2011 6:49:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! is it normal that i always find what i think is discharge, like every day? Its usually clear (sometimes white) and its (i know really gross but...) kind of gooey? it kind of has an odor to it, and it makes me self conscious because i think other people can smell it too. First of all, is it discharge? second, should i be

worried about the smell? and lastly sorry i know this was long and kind of gross but thanks soooooo much in advanced Smile ps love your advice! <3

Hey missy, no need to be embarassed we're all girls here lol. The amount of discharge differs from woman to woman. Some women get it once in a while, others have it everyday, so it all depends on your body. There are a couple different things you can do to prevent the smell. Wearing cotton underwear helps, and refraining from using fraganced soaps down there is beneficial too. Also be sure to switch pads/tampons out.  Hope this helps!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by sunshinestar106 on 9/28/2011 4:50:55 PM

well it depends on the person some people can have hair down there and not get their period for 2 years later [hope this helped]

by cherice2733 on 9/21/2011 9:31:13 PM

when you start getting hair down there, how long until you get your period

by bee47 on 9/4/2011 1:12:07 AM

I have discharge all the time. I don't like the feel of pads. Is there anything else I can use besides pads?

Hey girl!

Try out pantyliners.  They're much thinner  and more comfortable than pads but they serve the same purpose.
Jordan S.

by SmileyGirl^.^ on 8/31/2011 3:55:16 PM

Mod! Do I have a yeast infection? "Down there" has been really itchy for the past week, my discharge is kind of clumpy, discolored, and it smells weird! If I do have a yeast infection what should I do? Thanks soooo much!! Smile

Hey girl!

Check out this link, it should give you all the answers you need Smile

Jordan S.

by QTpi on 8/31/2011 12:55:01 PM

Always hungry even after a snack? Something high in protein can help fill you up. Try celery with peanut butter topped with almonds or raisins.

Diet soda can make you fat.

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?