10 HOURS AGO RT @jacquieleemusic: ahhhh @girlslifemag obsessing over #BrokenOnesEP? i'm obsessing over YOU! 😍 thank you! so happy you like the EP. httphttp://t.co/K5tL6n6slm

11 HOURS AGO BOYS: this is whatcha do if you wanna become bae: http://t.co/0xfEpYILwF

14 HOURS AGO Strut #Elsa's beauty look for Halloween: http://t.co/p22Et0darw #Frozen

COMMENTS

Buh-bye, bad mood!

Feeling blue? Try psychology’s latest technique on for size...

please help! my aunty and my uncle have been diagnosed with bi-polar, and my mum and grandma have also been not properly diagnosed with it because they dont admit to it. i dont want to tell anyone incase im wrong but i was reading about it to better understand what my aunty (who's really close to me) is going through. and i think that im showing some of the signs. ive also had a pretty traumatic experience the pas year with my dad being mis-diagnosed a few times and going to hospital then the chemotherapy and him passing away with cancer. also my life has always been a bit on the poor, moved schools a few times and in my latest struggled to find friends side. i really hate asking for stuff and talking about my feelings lately and i feel really alone. please help! what should i do?

You should talk to a trusted adult, notably a counselor at your school, as he/she is trained in helping with these type of issues.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by watevz98 on 10/22/2011 6:55:46 AM

Hey. I am participating in what I call My Life Makeover. It's basically a plan I made in order to make myself a better person. I'm trying to be healthier, in better shape, more positive and happy, and trying to be an overall better person. I even write in a journal once a day, everyday to try to express my feelings and thoughts. It's going super-well, but I need one thing answered. Should I tell my friends that I am doing this? In your opinion, why or why not?
Thanks-Alyssa

Hey girlie, I don't think there's any reason to straight out tell your friends. They'll notice your lifestyle changes and you can talk about them when they ask.
Lauren T.

by parischick2 on 8/11/2011 5:44:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
havent you ever gotten the ringing in your ears just randomly? why does that happen?
just wondering

Hey girl, yes I have! The elevator at the place I work goes up really quickly and sometimes my eyes will ring because of the speed and altitude. It fades very quickly.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by isabella4 on 8/9/2011 11:15:35 PM

MOd MOD MOD
school started weeks ago and im already zoning off.
last year i got bad grades because i never payed attention in class. Its hard to focus.
so here's how it is:
i go into class all ready and focused, then as the teacher starts talking my mind just blocks them out and i zone off. Thats why i always get bad grades. How can i stop this?

Hey girl, make sure you get enough sleep at night, first of all, so you don't doze off in the day. The second thing is to force yourself to take attentive notes. Make an effort so you will listen to what your teacher is saying, even if you have to transcribe it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by isabella4 on 8/9/2011 11:14:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Im trying to learn how to speak spanish but i need help. I dont have money for a tutor and i want to learn it as fast as possible.what do i do?
also, im mexican and when i speak in spanish i sound like i have a white person's accent, its embarrassing when i speak in spanish class. My spanish class doesnt teach you how to speak spanish, just how to write the grammer and words.

Hey girl, the best way to learn a language orally is through immersion. That said, I'd ask a teacher if they'll tutor you one on one after school. Watch movies in Spanish. Read books. Immerse yourself in the language as much as you can. Learning a new language takes time!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by isabella4 on 8/9/2011 11:11:11 PM

Hey girls! If you like to read, write or both could you please join my club "Bookworms & Writers"? I am trying to reach at-least 55 members by the end of the week and right now I'm at 43. I would really appreciate your help! Smile
~Lexi♥

by LexilicousCandy on 8/9/2011 10:27:40 PM

im always trying to look on the positive side. That was my summer project to improve on before the new school year. and to think my positive can-do spirit all started from an article i read in a previous GL magazine!!! I <3 you, Girl's Life!!! Keep the positive articles coming!!!
-Alyssa

by parischick2 on 8/5/2011 1:49:29 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD
I think I have OCD. I've looked up some quizzes online to check and I got a lot of the symptoms. Also, I was watching Glee and you know Ms. Pillsbury and how she has OCD? I was a lot like that, like I always think I left the straightner plugged in. It's stopped right now because I'm not very stressed but I'm think it's going to come back in the school year when I am stressed. The only problem is I don't know how to tell my mom. When I was younger, I always used to tell her all these problems I thought I had like I thought had depression and heartburn and whatnot. Finally she told me I had to stop making these things up. I don't want her to say that again but I don't want to go crazy either. I heard there's a medicine that can help you and I want to try it. PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl,

If these things do start up again during the school year, you should try talking to the guidance counselor first, because then she or he can help you talk to your mom about it. The guidance counselor can also give you good suggestions for how to get through it. x0x0
Casey L.

by trackgirl000 on 7/28/2011 12:08:02 PM

i'm generally a really positive person, but i definitely have my moments. it's articles like these that keep me motivated to stay happy Smile

by heathernotfeather on 7/27/2011 11:31:06 AM

MOD~
I have a show tomorrow and I don't feel prepared. It's not like I can prepare that much more because I have a big part and it's TOMORROW! It's making me feel sick thinking that I'll forget to do something important and I'll just stand there looking stupid. Help Frown

Hey girl,

The only thing you can do now is just to practice, practice, practice! See if a family member or friend will help you, and just keep going over your part until you have it memorized. And stop worrying! Being stressed out will only make you more nervous, so just practice and try your hardest to relax.  Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.