6 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

9 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

10 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Afraid to get shots

I'm due for my annual physical and I am freaking out...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just got my second dose of the HPV shot and I can't move my arms. Both of them! I'm supposed to go to dance later (performance) and you have to move your arms a lot. What should I do? I can't skip cause I got the lead role.

You can trying icing it a little, or ask a parent for some advil, or or any other pain medicine.
mailyse f.

by fantastic8805 on 11/30/2012 4:09:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm getting my second HPV shot tomorrow at school. I'm also getting the flu shot soon. The last time I had an HPV shot (grade 6) it hurt a lot and I felt dizzy afterwards. I'm really scared of needles and I cringe at just the thought of them. What can I do to calm down?

Hey fantastic8805, what helps me is closing my eyes and looking away. Even talking to the nurse before and during the shot might help too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by fantastic8805 on 11/29/2012 10:32:50 PM

when i got my shot i got a reaction ... i was dizzy could feel my hands , feet or head and i fainted . but after the first one the second one is not as bad ! i didnt react yay Tong

by sunriseXD on 11/16/2012 5:34:00 PM

I am absolutley terrified of needles. Last time I had a blood test it took three people to hold me down, I have another test coming up in december. I don't know what to do, please help.

Hey girl,

You need to stop psyching yourself out before each doctor's visit! You're telling yourself you're afraid, letting your fears take you over, and that anticipation is the reason why you go out-of-control once you're actually there. So try to put it out of your mind and tell yourself you'll deal with it ONLY the hour before the doctor's visit. You'll let yourself stress then, but not anytime before that! Then when you get there, ask the doctor all the questions you want to know about it. Needles are scary for a lot of people - but anything is less scary when you understand it better! Have someone in there (a bestie, your mom, your older bro) who can talk to you and take your mind off the needle when you're in the room. It's tough to overcome this fear but you really have to in order to stay healthy <3
Lauren C.

by xaddalyn on 11/13/2011 9:23:28 AM

Mod mod mod
Hey! So I might need to get a physical soon I'm 14 I haven't gotten a physical in 3 years so I think it will be different, so last time I got it with my male doc. This time I think I'm going to get it with my female doc. So my friends say she takes longer and ask more question....so I got my period on June 11th I think it's been pretty normal but I didn't tell my mom when I got it! She found out on my birthday! Yah So anyways she thinks I havent had it since them but I have so anyways I was wondering what my doctor would do during the physical? Like will she look down there? And look at my boobs? ( I'm only a 30a) so yah my mom also said that I will prob get my gardasil shot(s) but my doc said that he doesn't recumbent then until starting high school I'm in 8th but HS doesn't start till 10th grade. So do you think I will get it next year or this year?
Thanks, love Peyton

She won't look "down there" because she is not an OB/GYN nor do I believe she will examine your chest. When you get your shot all depends on your doctor (since they have a certain timeline) Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by girlzrock123 on 10/29/2011 10:20:22 AM

What helped me when i did not like them i looked away and counted in my head and closed my eyes and it was all over have a loose arm it does not hurt much it will be over in no time trust me !!!

by catgirl200 on 10/5/2011 4:25:03 PM

by catgirl200 on 10/5/2011 4:24:26 PM

MOD MOD Should your gyn doctor recommend getting the guardisil shot to prevent cervical problems if they know you are having sex? My cousin told me she and my aunt actually had to ask about it rather then the doctor just recommend it. I thought it was almost always recommended.

Hey chica, yea my gyn reccommended it so I don't think it's a prob. I guess every gyn is different. Smile

Lynae P.

by luckykel on 8/19/2011 10:26:11 PM

Lol, this is kinda weird, but my mom is in nursing school, so she had to learn how to give shots properly, so she practiced on a hot dog, and she had an extra needle, so I got to try too, she powned and I sucked but I'm not afraid of needles as much now cuz I know that no matter what I will be shot up by someone who knows what they r doing, I mean they practice on hot dogs b4 they even try it on real ppl, right? And I will never be as hurt as my hot dog was! Lol, there was salt water everywhere and my moms hot dog had these cool bubbles under the skin and mine was all oozy and broken and my mom was loling!

by IvyTheBunny on 8/17/2011 12:06:07 AM

Hey rosemaryluver! I am sure that getting a physical while not wearing clothes would be tottaly embarasing and a little scary but when you go in there just take deep breaths, remember it is for your health, and you could nicley ask your parents to wait outside. Hope this helps Smile

by 15hayhay on 8/14/2011 10:22:09 PM