1 HOURS AGO The least awkward way to talk to your mom about sex: http://t.co/nJUDIv8mDL

4 HOURS AGO Throw the best #Friendsgiving feast ever: http://t.co/CfwBynu3mF

5 HOURS AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

COMMENTS

Pad on parade

I was walking to band class with my friends when...

mod mod i was wondering if you could recommend any overnight pad brands. i cant seem to find one that works

Hey girl,

Before I switched to tampons, I always used Kotex overnight pads! They didn't work to prevent leaks ALL the time because sometimes my period was just too heavy, but they were the best I tried!
Lauren C.

by gymgirl1998 on 9/29/2011 10:12:58 PM

i just finished my second period during scool and i usually leave my pads in my old make-up bag just in case i get it during the scool day again

by bieberlover99 on 9/13/2011 4:02:03 PM

Omg okay so I'm on the swim team at my school and this one time I was on my period and I had a tampon in and everything but like when I got out of the water cuz we were gonna do drills it fealt like it was coming out and this guy was like why is all the water on the ground yellowish? and everyone was like this pool is so gross and I played along and I was like it's probably rust or something that's so gross and I felt terrible cuz everyone was stepping in it and everything I wanted to cry!!!!D: but then this other girl on the team I knew she was on hers too cuz she asked me for a tampon earlier in the bathroom she was like im gonna get in the water cuz I don't wanna stand in rusty water and so I think she thought that it was hers and not mine and I felt so bad cuz I didn't want her to feel embarrassed either but I couldn't do anything about it!Frown(((

by MeeMeeyeem on 9/11/2011 11:46:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!! I'm so freaked out with my period. My mom had hers when she was 12, and I'm almost 12 and I'm just feeling unprepared! Can I have some tips please to help me with this. Its freaky at first but I'll survive. Plus I freak out sometimes, because I swim and I really dont want to wear tampons! Help!!!!

Hey babe,

You absolutely will survive - we all did! If you swim, you'll need to learn how to use tampons...but even those aren't that scary once you become familiar with them! Take a look through our Getting Started articles for more info. Since you're new and want as much info as you can get, it's worth reading them all!! And try to relax chickie, it's really not that bad Smile
Lauren C.

by iluvselg22 on 9/1/2011 7:29:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I am scared. I just got my period and it was during the summer so I don't know how to deal with it at school. My mom bought me a little(but cute) bag to keep pads and undies in. But how will I know when to change it? I think it's bothersome to change them because I was always procrastionating doing it this summer. How can I remember to change it during school if I can't even do it at home?

Hey girl, if you are using pads, you can change them whenever you feel like you need to. Tampons should be changed at the least every 6 hours to avoid getting toxic shock syndrome. A good time to change is when you already have to go to the bathroom, or when you walk past the bathroom in the hallway so you can make a quick stop.

xoxo Tory

Jess D.

by warriorcat4567 on 8/24/2011 1:36:17 AM

oh that must be horrible. i under stand that that must be embarresing i have had something like that happen to me. but not like that i wish you the best of luck. God bless you.

by thebooboo on 8/5/2011 7:54:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD Is it ok to try inserting a tampon before you have ever gotten your period?

Hey girly,

It should be alright for practice purposes, but I wouldn't leave it in there.

Catie C.

by alkrox17 on 8/5/2011 11:41:40 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Is it normal to get a bunch of discharge between periods. Well, i have only had one period and waiting for the next one but is it normal?

Hey girly,
It is totally normal, especially when it is right in between periods.

Catie C.

by sistercat on 8/1/2011 1:52:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!  Since I was 11 I've had really bad acne. My friend who has already gotten her period (i havent) says that i have most of my acne on my tee line and that means I might get my peroid soon. But my question is when i finally get my peroid, will at least the acne on my tee line go away? I just want clear skin again. I've had 2 differant perscriptions for acne products and 2 store bought acne meds, I wash my face at least 5 times a day,I've even tried some mud mask stuff. You can obviously see that im not playing around with my acne. I cant take it!! Nothing is working!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie! Acne is a warning sign that your period is coming, but that doesn't have to be any time soon. Washing your face that often is not good for you, your face needs it's natural oils to protect it. Instead, just wash your face in the morning and at night and after any activity that caused you to sweat. You could really dehydrate your face washing it that often. And after you get your period you acne should clear up a bit, but most girls get breakout right before every period. It's just a way for your body to get rid of excess impurities. If those prescriptions didn't work for you, don't give up! Keep trying new things. I used a product that was made from benzoyl peroxide, that is what really kills the bacteria clogged in your pores. Keep asking your doctor or dermatologist for new things. If you don't have a derma, consider going to one. Also take a look at your diet. If you're eating a lot of greasy, oily foods, that can impact your acne. You are what you eat. If you're eating fried foods then your face is going to be oilier and that means there is more bacteria already on your face to clog your pores. Don't give up! Remember that it will go away and there is always something out there to try. xoxo
Jess W.

by ANorwood99 on 8/1/2011 12:40:31 AM

At my school, there were these really immature guys who found a box of tampons right next to the girls locker room. As a prank they decided to get glue from the art room and glue all of the tampons to the walls next to the girls locker room door. When it was time for gym that day, all the guys laughed at us. It was so embarasing!!

by ANorwood99 on 8/1/2011 12:32:12 AM