6 HOURS AGO Don't miss all the fun at Fash Bash 2014! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/hxOEzrhlmp

9 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

10 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

COMMENTS

Redo your 'rents' rules--here's how!

Controlling parents? Snag some independence right this second.

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!! So my dad is about to lose his job. i feel so bad for him. he has always done his best to support us. and i asked him what would happen and he said that we would have to move..possibly to another state. i know he's just goin to have to go where he has a job but the thought of moving tears me up!!! i don't want to move! ilove it here. i could have never asked for anything better. my friends and boyfriend are amazing. but what can i do? i cant do anything. i have prayed and prayed about this but still the odds are looking low that i will stay here. PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl,

That must be really tough, I'm so sorry. I know you love your friends and BF, but your family comes first, and you have to support your dad since he really needs your love right now. Is there a family member you can stay with during the school year so you don't have to switch schools or anything? If not, you just have to move and hope that you can come back and visit your friends. x0x0
Casey L.

by daughtry60763 on 7/27/2011 4:47:27 PM

MOD
I'm going to Spain in a while, and I'm really excited! However, the person who is coordinating my travels said I should bring around $400 for spending money. Not only do I not have that kind of money, but the euro is stronger than the dollar right now. Other than babysitting, do you know any good ways to raise money? All of what I've raised already is going towards the essentials.

Hey girl,

You could try seeing if your parents' friends or anyone in your neighborhood needs any extra things done around the house, like walking the dog, cleaning up a basement, etc. which they could pay you for. You could also put fliers up to let people know you need to work. x0x0
Casey L.

by primaverina on 7/27/2011 3:44:43 PM

MODMODMODmod!!!!!
sorry this is gonna be long!! Smile
im going to camp this weekend for one week and im gonna be on my period!! were gonna be out camping for a few nights and with boys i really dont want anyone to know how can i deal pllzz help!! ps im willing to tell me counslor if i absolutly have to!!
im going to an outdoors enviromental camp with lots of cute guys how should i dress and still be able to hike in the woods and stuff (we will be hiking on trails) its gonna be mid 70's during the day so shorts but in the morings it might get down to 40's!! brr!!
i strained my hamstring and am going to physical therapy for it how am i gonna be able to deal at camp with everyone else running and me having to walk and still be in pain!! my doctor told me that i should just avoid running but i dont want to seem like the dork that cant run at camp!!
and lastly where can i get a cheap polar fleece sweatshirt my goal is below $100 thnnx!! sorry this is soo long love you bye!! <3

Hey girl,

Yes, telling your counselor is a great idea so they can help you do whatever you need to. You can definitely get through this! And you can pack cute lightweight sweaters or hoodies to keep you cool at night, but still look fab! And you just have to understand that because of your injury, you can't move as fast as everyone else, but you definitely shouldn't let that get you down. And you won't seem like a dork at all. Just tell people you're injured! And just search online for the sweatshirt. You might be able to find it on sale since it's summer now. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by blahhhgirl on 7/27/2011 3:06:30 PM

My parents wont let me go anywhere. Alone or with friends. I dont even have a curfew. i talked to them about setting up a curfew but it didnt work. its really annoying but im not even going to try to convince them cuz i just know its not going to work. =/

by luvs2cheer on 7/27/2011 2:43:12 PM

mod, i have this really bad habbit of not brushing my teeth, how di i fix it?

Hey girl,

Ask a parent or sibling to remind you to do it, or tape a note on your mirror that says "brush your teeth!" and will remind you to do it everyday. Also, just thinking about how much bacteria and germs get stuck in between your teeth and how many cavities you can get should be reason enough to wanna brush them! x0x0
Casey L.

by lindseyd9 on 7/27/2011 2:06:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
One of my friends has really controlling parents and she always asks me advice on how to get them to change things! she acts really immaturely and shouts and cries and yells at them so it's no wonder they don't rethink their standards. It really annoys me b/c she thinks that it's all b/c they just won't let her when half the reason is b/c she's acting badly towards the situation. i want to give her advice but i can't say she's not acting maturely towards her parents! HELP!

Hey girl,

Actually, you can say that. It just depends how you say it. For example, you could say something like "Maybe if you try to react to them calmly, they'll see how mature you really are" or something like that. If you phrase it nicely, you can give her helpful advice for how to be more mature, without hurting her feelings. x0x0
Casey L.

by qtpie42 on 7/27/2011 1:28:52 PM

Hey Girlies! Visit my advice queen page for advice on- everything! I will answer absolutely any question you have the same day it shows up on my page. Don’t be afraid to ask anything, because I’m here for you Smile
-Allyson1124 <3

by allyson1124 on 7/27/2011 12:46:08 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! My mom trusts me, but she doesn't really TRUST me if you know what I mean. She limits who I text, like only certain people, but I mean, I hate it when people talk badly via text! And she knows that! I got into an argument with her one day, and I was like WAIT! I ran upstairs, got my iPod, and showed her all of my convos from that day and the day before. I had texted around 11 different people and she read the whole convo, and stopped being angry with me, but still limits me. She knows I won't do anything wrong, she just LOVES to be right, and in control. She's so OCD! Please help!

Hey girl. It stinks that you have to show her your texts. Just be careful because you never know if she will ask again. I think she trust you, but not other people.

mary h.

by luvshorty5 on 7/27/2011 12:43:40 PM

Mod mod mod
plz help ever since i liked mindless behavior my bff started liking them im like there number 1 fan if they were here right now i would faint and one time they was on 106 and park i was so excited i felt like climbing the walls i told her i want them at my bday party today she is saying she want them at her bday party to but my bday is like sep 16 but im also getting mad because she added all mb and she only like them for they music and she keep commenting on there status she said she gonna call me at 1 but she probably won't we both say were sisters im getting tired of her like really i feel like crying she know i love them with all my heart plz help me plz

Hey girl,

If she likes them so much, you should be flattered because you liked them first. Don't worry about how much she likes them, just keep liking them yourself and forget about what she's saying. You could also just enjoy the fact that you and your BFF like the same group, because it gives you another thing that you have in common with her. x0x0
Casey L.

by ☮Dreamlover on 7/27/2011 12:34:34 PM

girlygirl22werock-

Hey girl! Well it does kind of depend on how old you are and who your friends are, but it is unfair that you're not allowed to spend the night. Try being on your absolute BEST behavior for a few days, then sit down with your mom (& possibly dad) and talk about the situation. Tell them calmly and reasonably why you think you should be able to spend the night, then ask them why they don't want you to. Try to work something out so your parents don't have to worry about you and you can still have fun with your friends. It might be a good idea to rehearse what you're going to say, but don't read off a piece of paper. If you're more comfortable, you could even give them a note telling them what you think and why you want to talk about it. Hope this helps! Good luck girlie! <3

by sparklysydafrid on 7/27/2011 12:14:56 PM