3 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

6 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

7 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Babysitting bootcamp: Tiny tot 101

Are you ready to sit for a baby? You betcha!

MOD MOD MOD how old do you think you should be to baby sit? Because im 13 and i don't know if i should start next summer. I am very responsible and i take care of my cousin's for free tho.

Hey girl, I think that's perf timing. I'd recommend starting off by babysitting older kids, like maybe only 2 years and up. Then once you're comfortable with that, you can go for the really little guys. I'm sure you'll do great!
Carrie R.

by rawr:) on 7/18/2012 4:07:42 PM

Also on cribs never leave babies in there with the side down

by starstruck0503 on 5/12/2012 4:41:58 PM

MOD
I would really like to babysit (and I know you probably hear that a lot) but there aren't really any kids in my area that I could watch. I don't know what to do! I would really like to make some money because I have a lot of things I have to save for. Plus, summer is coming up and I would like to have at least one client by then. Thank you so much!

Hey girly!

To find babysitting gigs, you could check listings in your local newspaper or online on news or listing sites. There are a number of options in this article you could try out to make money as well. Hope that helps!

Krupali D.

by Daddy'sGrl12 on 4/3/2012 10:48:43 AM

Well I WOULD babysit, if my mom would actually tell my Aunt and Uncle that I'd like to babysit their 3 and 5 year olds...

by WayCoolerThanYou on 3/31/2012 1:37:00 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!!!
This really has nothing to do with babysitting, but I am in 7th grade right now and am trying to save up for an apple laptop and I would like to get it either at the beginning of high school or at the end of my freshmen year. The model I want is $1299! I really don't want to get a cheap brand of laptop that will load very slowly and will run out of battery life in 2 hours. Do you have any ideas that I can do to make some extra money? I babysit sometimes for my aunt and uncle with my older sister but other than that she does all the babysitting in the neighborhood so I can't really take over because I don't know the kids or the parents very well. Any Ideas?? Oh and by the way, I get $5 each week for allowance and so far have saved up $60.

Hey girlie,

Congrats to your $60! That's awesome! Babysitting is definitely a good start to make some extra cash but also ask your 'rents if you can help out in the garden, with the dishes, or do the grocery shopping! I'm sure they can come up with extra chores for you if they know that you're trying to save up for a Mac! Good luck!

alicia m. alicia m.

by elisea625415 on 3/6/2012 10:49:58 AM

Thank You SOOOOO muh!!!!!Smile

by kaylagurl42 on 1/8/2012 12:36:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!I really want to babysit but were do I start?!PLEASE WRITE BACK!!!!!!Smile

Hey babe,

Take the advice in this article! Depending on your commitment to babysitting, you don't have to take a class to get certified (although it does help). But the rest of the tips will be SUPER helpful for spreading the word and starting up that babysitting biz!
Lauren C.

by kaylagurl42 on 1/7/2012 11:56:34 PM

Thanks again Lynae P.!!! Smile

Ya welcome girly!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by *MusicGirl16* on 10/22/2011 8:39:07 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! So, I would really like to become a babysitter! My parents and friends all say that I am great with kids and patient enough to listen & play with them. I was wondering if 12 is too young to be a babysitter? Also, What are some great ways to keep the child happy and busySmile Thx so MuchLaughing XoXo, *MusicGirl16*

Hey girlfriend, if the people you want to babysit for are okay with your age, then I don't think it is. You can read stories to them, play dress up, paint and color, and go outside and run around. Hope this helps and good luck!!!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by *MusicGirl16* on 10/22/2011 7:57:57 PM

I want to babysit it sounds so fun and you earn money, unfortunately for me, it doesn't work the same here as in america and canada Frown sigghh

by cindy5218 on 10/22/2011 12:53:39 PM