2 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

6 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

7 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

Brown discharge. Period prob?

At the end of my period, I started getting brownish discharge on and off. What’s going on?

mod mod
i have like...a LOT of discharge all the time. I get my period every 20 days or so, but is that normal...? like, it looks normal and evrything, but theres just a lot of discharge...

Hey girl!

I would say it's pretty typical to have a lot of discharge for the first few months that you have your period. But if you've had it for awhile, I'd make an appointment with your doctor to see what's up.

Katelyn L.

by munchkin112096 on 8/18/2011 1:55:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Is it normal to have no cramps while your on your period? I'm on my 2nd period and I have no cramps....

Hey girl,

You are one lucky chica! Embrace your cramp-free time of the month - there's nothing to worry about if your flow is normal!

Meghan D.

by pandalover458 on 8/17/2011 11:21:36 AM

Modmodmod
I have the same problem but I havent started my period yet. Is something wrong?

Hey girl, nope! Your period will come soon, no worries. There's no magic start time for everyone.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by nevierose on 8/16/2011 10:42:11 PM

Just wanna say totally normal Sarah G.

by Amerikus on 8/15/2011 4:17:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going on holiday in 3 days, and it's right about the time of my period, but I haven't started yet, I'm soo scared of starting on holiday, or having it on holiday! Because I usually wake up with it there, and I'de be soo embarrassed if it got on the sheets! Also, I'm going with my parents and my nephew, and my nephews like, 14! And we go swimming a lot on holiday! I can insert tampons but I'de be soo paranoid about it, say if the string came out and you could see it or something! Is there anything I can do to make it come quicker so I have most of it when I'm not there, and make sure I know I have it so I don't get it everywhere?!?! Thanks for your time, have a nice daySmile xoxo

Hey Sweetie,

Bad News: You can't control when your period comes. That said, it shouldn't stop you from having a good time on your holiday. Let your Mom know, and she can cover for you or carry around extra tampons in her purse. As for knowing when it arrives, unless you can feel it, there won't be anyway to know but to check. If you know it'll arrive a certain day, wear a panty liner or a light pad so you won't be caught totally off guard.
Sarah G.

by xx<3shygirlzz<3xx on 8/15/2011 7:10:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD I don't have my period. I have had PMS for about a year. Last night I was feeling very nauseated and my stomach was very uncomfortable, I didn't have an appetite, and I was super tired at 7 even though I usually get tired at 11. When I woke up today I found this clear sticky discharge with some brown clumps in it. Is that a period? There was like, 3 clumps about the size of an eraser at the end of a pencil. Thankss!

Hey girl. PMS is something that happens for little while before your period, so having for a year isn't totally possible. You may have had similar symptoms though. It sounds like your period could be starting up. Wait a day or so and if it doesn't develop into a regular flow go see a doc. Smile

mary h.

by horsebackrider12 on 8/10/2011 9:47:02 AM

MOD MOD
Is there any way of getting pregnant if you are just sitting in a hot tub with guys? I do it a lot and one of my friends claim that you can. Is there any truth to what she is saying?

You cannot get pregnant unless ejaculate comes into close contact with your vagina, so if you're just sitting, no

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by luckykel on 8/9/2011 7:51:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok so I have an older sister, but there is a 17 year age difference between us. We are close and she knows I have my period, but I always feel awkward about it with her. I didn't tell her myself when I first got it, and I think the only way she knows is because my mom said something to her. I had to stay with her (she is married with 2 kids) for a long weekend because my parents were out of town. I thought I was going to have my period then, and I was really nervous about it. It ended up coming early that month, so I didn't have it, but it kinda bothered me that I was that nervous. I know she has hers, but I just felt scared to tell her and I don't know why. Please help me be more open about this with her so I can explain why I'm moody and if I don't feel good! Thanks

Take a deep breath and relax--not only is she your sister, but she's a female as well so she'll totally understand

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by purpleluver716 on 8/9/2011 6:10:50 PM

Mod! I have a weird period! i get it almost every other month (sometimes less). I got my first period in January and I have had a lot of discharge. No matter when it is, before or after my period. The color is clear a couple times more yellow. Is this all normal?

Hey girl,

Yup, that's normal. Your period is usually a little "off" for the first 6 months-1 year after you first get it, so be patient until it gets on track. x0x0
Casey L.

by lsac on 8/9/2011 3:35:46 PM

MODMODMOD!: Last summer I got my period, and it never came back! What could have caused this? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Usually periods are a little abnormal for the first 6 months-1 year since you get it. However, you should go see your doctor just to make sure that your diet's ok and that your body is ready for your period to come back again. x0x0
Casey L.