Bridget M.

is modding

10 MINUTES AGO How Santa Claus made this deaf girl's dream come true: http://t.co/UxzfjK8mLX

AN HOUR AGO #Dear Carol, people think I'm dumb, and I'm tired of it: http://t.co/YvJoLnyqcW

2 HOURS AGO #LastMinuteGifts under 20 bucks...GO!!! http://t.co/Wa56z6wIec

COMMENTS

Make good grades great

We’re showing you how to pull straight-A’s this semester.

MOD MOD MOD I have been having a hard time in math it has been really troubling. I get confused with almost every question!How should i stop being troubled?

Hey girl, I'd say a great way to make math clearer is to ask your teacher or even parents for extra help. See if your school offers any student tutors who can go over problems with you one-on-one. Take advantage of the resources all around you, and soon that math won't be hazy at all.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by karter on 9/10/2012 8:14:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD Okay,this is the hardest year of school ever! Im flunking on the tests and doing ish on the hw.I want my grades to get up.My averages on the tests are F's or D's. Im really distracted with twitter and fb etc and my mind is always on something else.Now this is my last year of middle school so this matters ALOT.I never have the motivation to study or focous on school.Help! what can or should I do?

Hey girl, get your parents to hold your phone and computer until you're done studying. That way you'll be forced into at least trying to study. I always had to put away all my electronics in order to attempt to look at my books. Give it a try, fb and twitter are horrible for distracting!

lauren r.

by Super8fangirl98 on 4/21/2012 9:39:36 PM

Hey Girlies!!!
GL always offers awesome advice, but so do I!!!
#1. Don't be afraid to ask for help on a tricky homework problem. You're be happy with your A when your friends are wondering how they go that D.
#2. By the end of the termor trimester, let's say you have an A - in math but are sooooo close to an A - your goal. Ask your teacher for some extra credit.
#3. Ask questions. If you got a science problem wrong, raise your hand and ask the teacher how they got that answer. Kids who ask questions when they don't understand things are more likely to get better grades then kids who just sit there. If you really don't want to raise your hand, talk to your teacher after class.

by Sarah510 on 4/15/2012 8:19:13 PM

ok i have this report to type and i'm really bored when i do it. cuz it's TOO quiet! do you have any songs/music that i could listen to while i type it. like it's pretty up beat but not too catchy where i can't type? THANKS! Smile

Hey girlie,

Try going onto Pandora or Spotify and type in a favorite artist, then start up a radio station based on them! That way, you'll probably hear a lot of new music so you won't know the words (that always distracts me, when I wanna sing along) - but it'll be music that you'll like since it's similar to your fave bands Smile When I'm doing work, I love starting radio stations based on Maroon 5, Gavin DeGraw, Rihanna, The Rolling Stones, and Foster the People!
Lauren C.

by sugar7410 on 3/3/2012 1:25:40 PM

MOD In class I get really scared about answering questions out of my fear of getting it wrong and being embarrassed in front of everyone. The reason I scared is because I'm often told to be the smart girl of the class. How do I work up my confidence to answer a question I'm not sure about the answer to and break away from the smart girl image?????????

Hey CopperRoses, I used to feel this way too. But then I realized that what I had to say in class was just as important as what everyone else had to say. And teachers like to see students asking questions. It shows they're interested in what they're teaching. Participation may be a big part of your grade, so go ahead and participate. You got it girl!!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by CopperRose on 2/8/2012 6:16:20 PM

MOD MOD
alright so, i just started 7th grade 1 month ago and i'm totally breaking down! in geometry, my teacher ALWAYS gives us 6 worksheets of stuff we don't even know and expect us to do it all without calculators! i used to study 2 hours, but when i started failing stuff i THOUGHT i knew, now i study for around 3-4 hours a night, so i never have time to relax. i usually sleep only around 2 hours a night and only eat maybe 1 meal a day. help, i don't know how to balance my study schedule with my sports/friends/family schedules? :/

Hey girl! It looks like you are one busy bee! With so much going on you should really try to manage your time better. Rather than hang around after school and chill out, start your homework as soon as you get home and dont wait till late at night to start. Then you should have plenty of time to spend with your family and you wont be stressed about the homework that awaits you, and you can go to bed at a reasonable hour. Also, try talking to your teacher about the homework she is giving out and let her know you are struggling. That way she will be aware and can give you the extra help you need. Best of luck!
Ana D.

by fuzziecola on 9/27/2011 12:53:52 AM

Are there any good sites to help me with water pressure (PSI) math homework?

Hey chica! I would try googling "PSI math" or something similar to see what sites you can find. I'm sure you will find something helpful. You may also want to ask your teacher if he/she knows of any. If you need extensive help, you may want to consider finding a tutor. Good luck!

Amalia E.

by Pinklife on 9/26/2011 2:58:17 AM

hey girlies becuse ur tips im doin alot better in school 1 80% 2 100% only got three grades from school

by Megaforme on 9/16/2011 7:14:11 PM

Hey Girlies!
Do you need advice? Then come visit my Advice Queen Page, *MusicGirl16*! I give great advice and will reply ASAP! No question is too embarrassing to ask me! I've been through alot(: i can answer Questions about:
Friends
Boys
Puberty
MUSIC<3
Family
School
Makeup
Hairstyles..
AND SO MUCH MORE!(: Thx!!
Madison<3

by *MusicGirl16* on 9/9/2011 8:52:54 PM

MOD!!!
I always get VERY nervous before tests. I almost pressure myself that I have to get a 100% on the test. I want to have a high enough grade, so if I do not do very good on my finals, I can still have a high A >95%. Any suggestions on how I can stress less about tests? Thanks!

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to want to do well, but it's important not to let that desire totally take over! Make sure you devote enough time well in advance to studying - this way, you feel prepared going into the test and can remind yourself of this when you feel really nervous. As for the percentages, sure one test is important, but it will not make or break your chances at finishing the year well. You have many other opportunities to boost your grade like class participation, homework, projects, etc. Try not to put SO much pressure on one little test!!!!!
Lauren C.