Bridget M.

is modding

4 HOURS AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

7 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

8 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

COMMENTS

Score locker room body confidence

Freaked about changing for gym class this year? We're here to help!

I'm in a tough sitch. I have gym next quarter and I am stressing because i don't have a sports bra yet and we all change together in the locker room. Would it be weird if I went to the bathroom to change? I have bigger breasts than most girls in my grade and i feel weird when they look at me. Also, I don't have any experience with the gym lockers. How do I handle them? If u can help me please leave some tips for me on my profile. Thanks so much!

Hey girl! I happened to see your question so I'm hoping I can give you some answers. I'm a mod, someone who girls ask for help by starting their comments with "mod mod mod mod!!" you may have seen that before Smile

If I were you, I would purchase a bra/sports bra. It will give you the support you need in P.E. and give you the confidence to change in the locker room comfortably! There's nothing wrong with going to the bathroom to change, but remember that you're not the only girl with body insecurities. Everyone will be so worried about themselves, they won't even think to look at you!

xoxo

Katie L.

by michelleadventure on 10/10/2012 4:53:21 PM

Oh well I'm actually embarrassed because I think I have the biggest chest in my class. But I'm not fat it's just that the genes that come from my grandma and ancestors.

by magical2009 on 4/7/2012 4:40:44 PM

Want advice on boys, makeup, clothes, school, friends, and more? Join my advice queen page, SwimGirl945!!! I will answer all your questions no matter how weird and I'll respond asap!! Positions are available just ask!!

by SwimGirl945 on 9/12/2011 4:21:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I'm going into 7th grade at a new school and we have to change in locker rooms for gym EVERY SINGLE DAY. I've never had to do that before in my life, and I'm really worried about other girls seeing that I wear a bra and stuff. Worse, I barely know any of the girls so they're not like my friends who know me and my body well. How can I change without being super-nervous? I've always thought I was too overweight so what if the girls make a comment on my weight or my body? Please help.

Everyone is probably just as nervous as you are--take a deep breath, relax and change. You'll be outta there in no time and you'll see that it's not that bad Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by MusikRox1999 on 9/3/2011 4:08:58 AM

I'm kinda worried. i got my first period in the beginning of August, so it should be starting up again. i'm going into 7th grade, and we have to change with 7th AND 8th graders in the locker room. Would it be bad to change in one of the bathroom stalls? And, i get really really REALLY moody and cranky when i have my period. How can I be careful to not get in trouble when its my time of month? If you have any tips for me please comment on my profile!

by basketballcutie11 on 9/1/2011 6:45:48 AM

I found a really good trick for changing bras when I was camping (with 6 other girls all changing in the same tent at the same time). If you take the straps off, the put the other bra on like you aren't wearing anything else, then unsnap the old bra and slip if off, no one sees anything! It works for a sports bra too. Just instead of unsnapping, you flip the bra and then unsnap it when the sports bra is already on. Just practice once or twice at home to get the hang of it, before you do it at school. Smile

by Ej410 on 8/31/2011 5:38:36 PM

MOD MOD can u hide the question but post the answer thnx!

Hey girl, yes that is totally normal! Most girls talk about those kinds of things all the time.

Tory N.

by loveTC247 on 8/24/2011 3:37:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD when i look in the mirror one of my hips looks curvier than the other is this normal?

Hey girl, yes it is! your body is constantly growing and changing, so its never perfectly the same on both sides. If you are really worried, talk to your parents about maybe seeing a doctor.

Tory N.

by loveTC247 on 8/24/2011 3:35:05 PM

MOD~
I'm 12, and about 5'5"; going on 5'6"... I weigh somewhere around ... pounds, and I eat like a pig at times, while on others, I eat barely anything, or nothing. Once, I went two days without eating, and my friends tease me about being so skinny and tall! I hate it, because I've been growing 4 inches a year, and I trip over my own feet since I'm so tall... Help?

Hey girl,

Sometimes we want to eat more because our bods are growing at a more rapid pace. It's all part of being a tween/teen and it's totally normal - and your height is too! But not eating for two days is not healthy - you should always try to eat three meals (even if they're small) every day so you get vitamins and nutrients! Personally, I would chat with my doc about this situation and just see what he/she recommends. I'm sure they won't say that your weight is unhealthy, but they might have suggestions for making sure you stick to a healthy diet so your bod gets all the energy it needs Smile

Lauren C.

by Bri loves you <3 on 8/22/2011 5:43:35 PM

the first day everyone was scared and shy but after like a week or 2 everyone got used to it its really not that bad and after gym we share our lotions and perfumes while we r getting dressed we talk so its like a 5 min break Laughing

by mermaidluver99 on 8/18/2011 10:39:45 AM