16 HOURS AGO It's time for #GLBeautySchool! Check out makeup brushes 101:

17 HOURS AGO Don't miss @rahart_adams (our October/November issue's "Boyfriend Material") + @Brecbassinger tonight! YASSSS.

18 HOURS AGO #Mmmonday: These spooky snacks are almost too cute to eat:

What's up with my greasy hair?

My hair has always been healthy, but now since I got older I guess it got greasy. Why?

I have a lot of hair, except almost every two weeks, I get lice! My mom's tried everything to get rid of it, and I don't want people to make fun od me. How do I get rid of this for good?

Hey girl, you need to use special lice treatment medication in your hair.  Consult a pharmacist or a doctor and ask them to help you find the correct product.  Also, since lice is easily spread, make sure everyone in your family is checked for lice and also uses the lice-killing shampoo.  Disinfect everything in your house (blankets, sheets, towels, etc.) with lice-killing products as well (ask your pharmacist or doctor about this too).  Even stuffed animals can contain lice so do a clean-sweep of your entire house.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Paiger0803 on 4/25/2013 11:20:35 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD I have really thin hair and its naturally pin straight but i want it to be thicker. Any advice??? Smile

Sorry, babe, but you can't go against your natural hair type very much.  Your born with a certain thickness or thinness and your best bet is to just slowly grow to get used to it. Jordan S.

by htcballer on 3/26/2012 8:35:23 PM

i was wondering, i shower every second day but sometimes i have to skip 2 days. but when my hair gets greasy i get REALLY bad dandruff, and when i was a baby i had really bad cradle cap and i think i still have some. but what can i do to get rid of this dandruff/cradle cap??

Hey girl! I would suggest trying a shampoo that is specifically for dandruff, like Head and Shoulders. If the problem still persists, check with your doctor to see if something else is going on.

Colleen K.

by hermionelover on 3/19/2012 12:53:58 PM

Tips for gresy hair
1:once a week pour vinager in your hair(leave for 15 min then shampoo)
2LaughingONT COINDITION, when you condition your hair it trap in the oil making your hair even more greasy.
3: try not to brush your hair as much
4:When you wear hats it makes your head sweat. So it's a no to hats.
5: if you have bangs, then pullling them back in a head band would be a great idea. But don't wear one while excersizing.

I hope these tips work for you!They sure work for me!

by anniboo01 on 12/1/2011 2:01:46 PM

My cousins sometimes skip taking a shower some days. Is doing that ok for you or something i should really avoid? Thanks! Smile

Hey chica, showers are very important for keeping up with good hygiene, so I wouldn't recommend doing that. Having a clean body everyday will give you an overall boost; it will help you AND those around you.

Amalia E.

by nikki091998 on 10/17/2011 1:20:52 AM

My Hair color is red and it gets greasy all the time and no matter what i do to my hair it stills gets greasy and my friends really like to do my hair and they ask all the time y its greasy please help me

Hey girlfriend, my bestie gets greasy hair all the time. She suggests putting baby powder in your hair and brushing it through. She also thinks you could switch the shampoo you're using to one that's made especially for greasy hair. Hair salons should have them. Let me know if it works. Smile

Lynae P.

by SuperHottie9898 on 9/3/2011 5:07:32 PM

mod? I have a question about periods. Before my period, I seem to get a lot larger around my waist, and I feel really self-conscious about it. My mom says that I'm just bloating, but I don't feel bloated. How do I know if I am bloated, or just gained some weight? Is there a way to prevent or keep from bloating? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Mom's right, as always! This bloating is commonly called water weight - read this article to learn more about it! It's more common right around our periods, so don't worry too much about it Smile But follow the tips in that article if you're looking to cut down on the bloat!
Lauren C.

by FairyOfLove on 9/1/2011 9:31:00 PM

I need advice!! I have to shower at night because the rest of my family showers in the morning, so there's no time for me. I was fine for like 2 years, but now, when I wake up in the morning, my hair smells kind of bad. Perfume won't cover it up, and I'm afraid people at school can smell my hair. What should I do?

Hey girl!

It sounds like there may be something going on that a doctor or a dermatologist could help you fix.  Pay them a visit and see what they can tell you.
Jordan S.

by wernn on 8/31/2011 3:37:28 PM

OMG!! My hair is so curly! Frown Whenever its humid out, my hair frizzes Frown I dont know what to do. Advice?

Hey babe,

Read THIS - these products help us out every time! Total lifesavers!
Lauren C.

by girloftheyear1999 on 8/26/2011 6:07:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I have naturally curly hair and everything I try to put in it just doesn't keep it how it was when I get out of the shower. I don't like it when it's curly because it always gets puffy like an hour later and so I flat iron my hair a lot so now I have bad split ends Frown Do you have any advise for me??!!

Hey girl, maybe try to find a leave-in conditioner that you can put in right after you get out of the shower. Only brush your hair when it's wet, because if you do when it's dry, it will only make it bigger. Straightening it a ton isn't good for your hair!

Tory N.

by 1Polar_Bear on 8/26/2011 3:44:38 PM

Stretch in the morning and before bed to help you stay refreshed before/after a looong day.
Where is your favorite place to volunteer?

If you look at the sun, you will go blind.

Show off your sporty style...and you could appear in NFL's next teen fashion campaign!

CLICK HERE to enter (plus snag inspo,

details and official rules).