18 MINUTES AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

3 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

4 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

Lost without my BFF

My best friend won't spend time with me anymore. I feel abandoned...

my bff(morgan) and i have been friends for 3 years and we talk on the phone all the time and hang out but we also have this other friend(carla)and iam not as close to her as iam to morgan but sometime when i confide to morgan carla somehow nows i told morgan not to tell carla my secrets because she tells everyone at my school but yet morgan still tells her everything and everytime i try to tell her about it she says she didnt say anything when shes the person i told!should i just not trust her?

Hey girlie! Tough stich you're in!  Try talking to Carla about not spilling your secrets to everyone around and ask Morgan to keep your stuff on the DL.  It might be time to stat a diary to keep your secrets in, at least until your BFF starts to respect your secrets.  Just don't forget to hide it somewhere safe!

Kate G.

by amber31207 on 6/26/2012 11:29:01 AM

My "best friend" has been a brat. She thinks because I'm a cheerleader and my BFFs are at cheer she thinks that makes me prissy and I really don't know what to do. My cheer BFF is going to the same school same next year and I'm wondering if I should ditch my old friend and her mean attitude, what should I do?

Hey girl,

If your friend's being mean, it might be time to end the friendship, but it's also worth a try at fixing since you used to get along. Her anger might come from jealousy that you've got new friends and a new hobby, so let her know that you'll always be there for her, no matter what activity you do! You can also explain to her that even though you're cheering, you're still the same person you were before. She might want to make up and apologize for what she said.

Meghan D.

by soulgymnast on 5/26/2012 10:18:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
My so called best friend (lets call her Paige) has been ignoring me for the popular girls in my class (lets call them Hannah, Lynn, and Ashly) She is ignoring me for them, and dosen't even acknowledge that I'm there! I tried to talk to her about it and she said that I was ignoring her! I try to make a conversation with her everyday and she just walks away! She rolls her eyes at me and gives me dirty looks also. I didn't say anything to offend her! We used to hang out every single day! Now, my other friends are taking her side and are dumping me for the other popular girls at my school! Also, all, Hannah, Lynn, and Ashly ignore me to! Now, I'm left with no one and end up sitting alone everyday! It makes me feel sick inside and I always want to cry! Why did this have to happen!?! I never did anything to her and I look like a lonely loser. I have no friends left!
From, Friendless loser

Hey girl,

Try to set the record straight with your other friends! Paige is clearly going through something right now and is choosing to hang out with the "popular" girls, but being cold and dropping other friends to do so. She's probably trying to prove herself to them and is figuring out what's important to her/who she is, so that's why you're seeing a change in her behavior. But that doesn't mean you have to lose ALL of your friends. Talk to them about this and see if she's been acting strange to them too. Maybe you can unite with them and your friendships will become even stronger! But remember, if they're all pulling away, they weren't good friends to begin with. You want friends who will be loyal and stand by you no matter what! So try joining new clubs or sports, getting a part time job, or even just sitting at a new lunch table one day. Be outgoing and talk to new people. It might seem like you have no friends left, but you have TONS of chances to make new - and better - friends <3
Lauren C.

by Abby774 on 5/24/2012 8:31:43 PM

i've had that problem before. it really stinks! wat u need to do is get out of that bad realationship and find a new friend

by the cupcake queen:) on 5/14/2012 2:15:50 PM

My bff and i have been bffs for 3 yrs. Last year we became friends with another girl who is great also. But lately my bff has been acting weird. She is fine when we are alone like we are on the same page. But when its us and other people, its like she has to always say she knows what theyre talking about, like she has to prove she knows everything which is weird to me since shes never done it before with me. I finally got the couarage to tell her what i thought and we were both very calm. i thought she understood but shes continued with her behavior. also, which this is more imortant, she snaps her fingers in my face or waves things in my face which i hate and have asked her countless times to stop but she continues. she knows it freaks me out. also, i feel like she likes our new bff more sometimes so i feel kinda depressed about that, almost betrayed. what should i do since ive talked to her about the first two issues?

Hey kaboodle, mhmm I wonder why your friend is acting like this. Since you’ve already talked to her, your actions have to show what you’re feeling. So when she starts snapping or waving things in your face, either ignore her or get up and walk away. Doing things like that will show her how annoyed you are, and hopefully she’ll stop. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by kaboodle on 4/28/2012 3:13:08 PM

Mod, Mod!
My best friend and I are not as close as we used to be and I really wish things would go back to normal.... Like things used to be like.
We always used to be over to eachothers houses and spending time together and now, all she wants to do is hang out with her new BFF (lets call her Tara)and she NEVER has time for me anymore. The only time we see eachother really is when we have cheerleading practice and our lockers are beside eachother.
What do to get her back?

Hey girlie,

You gotta' let her know.  Once you talk it out with her then you two can fix the situation.  Maybe she can invite you along too, have it be like a trio thing.
  After all, things can't change if you don't take action.

Jordan S.

by Hillary123 on 3/5/2012 12:13:53 PM

I was with my new friend on the weekend and we had so much fun! We went to a movie and got lunch together but the next week we got back to school, she's giving me the cold should. She never puts any energy in our conversations and barely even looks at me when I say hi....... I know how you feel. If anyone know how I feel, can you please help me?

Hey Malia123, I think you should talk to her and see whats up. Maybe something happened that you're not aware of. Just see how she's feeling. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Malia23 on 2/10/2012 8:49:27 PM

Ok so my friends were friends before I came in the picture.. and now my friend Macie is like going over the top on bullying. Like they call her Blondel and retard and I always stuck up for her but today at the ouch table ot went too far. They were calling her a b and eventually made her cry I told her ill stick up for her always and go to the consoled but why do they think there better than her. I want to just record what there saying and let them listen to see that there being b s but what do I do to help her?!

by darkness605 on 2/7/2012 7:30:49 PM

Mod please
So since September, my best friend has been distant. She doesn't invite me to do wthings with her. I try to, but every saturday she's skating for several hours, so it doesn't work out. I just feel like my bff doesn't really balance her friendships well and I want to hang out with her more. How do I talk to her about this? Different articles on here say to meet new friends, but I really want to clear this up with her and get this off my back, and not be stressed out about it.
Thanks

Talk to her! Bring up how you feel and let her know you miss her. If youre honest she'll try to fix the problem. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by nerdykitty97 on 2/7/2012 6:27:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
I need help. Me and my BFF have been friends for a long time,but lately she has been hanging out with my other friend,and she is comepletely ignoring me. It is like I am just another girl she passes in the halls! I tried to talk to her,but she said nothing was wrong! Please help me!

Hey girlie,

It's actually normal for this to happen - your friend decides she wants to be besties with someone so she spends all her time with her, shuts out her other friends, etc. It could be because she's "growing up" and wants to change, or because she's not sure what she wants, or because she's not good at balancing multiple friends. Whatever the reason, you've talked to her and she's not opening up about it. Try spending time with your other friends and giving her space. If she wants to continue being friends, she'll seek you out when she's ready. But if you've grown apart (or she's decided she doesn't want to be friends anymore, for whatever reason), you'll already have proven to yourself that you're independent and able to make it with other friends. I know that's not the ideal sitch, but you can't force someone into being your bestie. And who would want to? It's gotta come naturally! <3
Lauren C.