AN HOUR AGO "Why don't I like boys?" http://t.co/1iaz5r8cwE

3 HOURS AGO 5 toppings to put your pie game on fleek: http://t.co/yyT2wrIcRQ

15 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

COMMENTS

GL's A-to-Z guide to clear skin

Bust breakouts before your first day back.

i need to try the alpha hydroxy acid stuff Tong

by blackdragon on 1/8/2012 1:27:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD (or anybody who can help)
Does ANYONE know a gentle exfoliater?! My skin is REALLY sensitive! and how many times a month should I use one?
Also, can any sensitive cream /lotion be used as a moisturizer for your face? Because I have these lotions from bath and body works that have herbal scents they are supposed to be aromatherapy ones and my mom got them for me 'cause they smelled nice could I use those on my face?!

Hey Chica,

Personally, I am a big fan of Clinique. It's made for all skin types, and they have special washes for sensitive skin. Plus, the worker at the counter will ask you questions to figure out the best exfoliator for your skin. It's a little expensive, but definitely worth it!
Rachel N.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 12/28/2011 1:30:11 PM

Thank you soooo much GL!!!! I have sensitive skin, and if i use something my skin has not touched at all, my face beside my nose will get a boatload of little red dots that go against my nose and down the side of my face. Do you have any products you would reccomend for sensitive skin??

by hes1207 on 12/20/2011 6:27:50 PM

Ok, last week I bought the Neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash. A couple days later I had an allergic reaction to it and now my face is dry and really itchy. Help!

by AMCfangirl on 12/2/2011 4:05:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I honestly don't know if this could lead to scarring or not, but my Grandma tought me that if I have a zit thats insanely HUGE, she said to just barely poke the side of the zit with a needle, let the zit drain out, and then clean it w/ an Oxy Pad.
I just wanna know if this works, because I tried it on a zit, and now there's a big, light-prunish colored mark where the zit used to be.

Hey girlie,

This is a painful way to get rid of zits! Plus, it could totally lead to scarring. It might seem better than popping them, but the truth is that it still gets rid of them unnaturally. Instead of trying to drain them/pop them, try applying some ice wrapped in a plastic baggie for five minutes, then off for five minutes, then on again for five minutes til it melts. It'll help get rid of some of the swelling! Apply some concealer to hide redness. A dab of toothpaste at night before bed could also help dry it up Smile
Lauren C.

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 11/25/2011 6:37:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so this evening i went to the skating rink with a couple friends and i got really hot and started sweating kinda badly. my face got really red, and my upper lip and in between my mouth and chin got sweaty. my friend told me if i used a yellowy foundation that would help with my red face. plus, sometime soon the boy scouts are going to the roller rink and my crush will be there, so what is best to help not sweat a ton and keep my face from not getting red? also, any ideas to help my feet not smell weird after i take skates off? thank you!

Hey girlie,

Try wearing a light cotton scarf to dab sweat away from your face/neck and also try not wearing too many layers. You want to be warm, but you also have to remember you'll be exercising a little so you don't need to super-bundle up! As for the red face, that is a SUPER normal reaction to exercise! And even though ice skating is a fun friends activity, it's also a physical activity. Stay hydrated, prepare with a foundation and concealer base beforehand, and try to accept that you'll experience some redness naturally. And don't let this make you forget to HAVE FUN Smile

And the feet, unfortunately, are going to smell weird because they've been rubbing against the skates materials for so long. If they sweat as well, that'll make it worse. But you could pack some baby powder or body spray in your purse to refresh your socks afterwards! Or just a new pair of socks Smile
Lauren C.

by pinkguitar98 on 11/19/2011 11:09:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have acne right now and I am not allowed to wear makeup. I am twelve, do you think I should ask my mom if I can wear makeup now? Also, my other question, I didn't used to wash my face every day besides in the shower (that was when I was like 7 or 8 not 12) but I wash it in the shower at night, and in the morning. I already have acne but if I keep this habit up, will my acne go away? It isn't really bad it's just a spot on my forehead that has about a dozen pimples. PLEASE HELP!

Hey girlie,

Whether or not you're 12 isn't the issue at the moment - I think the bigger issue is getting your acne under control! You don't want to put makeup on top of that and clog your pores further, you know? So try to get into a routine with a gentle cleanser to keep your skin clean, fresh, and blemish free. If you start to have trouble with acne beyond a few spots here and there, make sure you're getting enough sleep/drinking enough water/not touching your face too much throughout the day. If it gets really bad, ask mom if you can see a doctor about it. They'll be able to recommend even stronger products to zap those zits Smile
Lauren C.

by rissa99 on 10/28/2011 10:47:27 PM

Another lip scrub besides L's is 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 teaspoons sugar. Mix them together then apply to lips. Rub lips together or with clean hands for 1 minutes. Instant softness! Unless you have really dry lips, then you need to do it a few times over a few days.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 10/25/2011 6:37:09 PM

H,V, and W are easy!

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 10/25/2011 6:34:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Ok so is it true that if you put toothpaste on zits they dry up and go away? I did it last night but this morning my mom said that that didn't work and i was wasting toothpaste is this true? thanks!

Hey girlie,

Toothpaste has sometimes worked to shrink the size of my pimples and dry them up a little bit! You only need a tiny dab, not enough to make mom say you're wasting it Smile But of course there are exceptions - sometimes it doesn't work because the pimple is too big, has already popped, etc. And you also need to use the right kind of toothpaste, aka not a whitening toothpaste and choose a paste, not gel, since that will irritate your skin without helping much.
Lauren C.