AN HOUR AGO What's your view on vaping? Tell us in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/PAXulQJNMZ

12 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

13 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

COMMENTS

GL's A-to-Z guide to clear skin

Bust breakouts before your first day back.

sry i posted my comment twice

by lolgirl67 on 8/16/2011 3:59:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Im going to high school and i can wear make up now. I have worn mascara in middle schol but i dont know what type of foundation to wear. Is powder, tinted mouisterizer base concealer rite for me or all of them? I have oilier skin any advice would be greatSmile.

Hey girl!

If you have oily skin, I would suggest using a matte foundation, which will basically take any unwanted shine out of your skin. There's a brand found at Wal Mart called Hard Candy. They sell a product called "Hard Candy Welcome Matte." If you invest in that, you could pretty much use any type of foundation and then finish it off with that to get rid of the oily appearance. Hope this helps!
Katelyn L.

by lolgirl67 on 8/16/2011 3:51:26 PM

mod mod mod!
i have straight, limp, maybe 9 inch hair, i cant braid it or it falls out, and i cant get that "beachy-wavy" look. how do i do it, and what are some other ways to style my limp, lifeless, locks?

Hey chica!

You can try scrunching it with a curling gel. You could also try adding a mousse to it which could give it some extra body. Accessorizing is also an easy way to get a super cute hairstyle. Try adding a headband or other type of hair piece for a different look!
Katelyn L.

by r1n2s3 on 8/16/2011 1:19:37 PM

mod
does milk (drinking it) help clear up skin?

1. Hey chica!

If you're wanting to keep your skin clear, water is the best option for you! Milk is more for keeping your teeth and bones strong.

Katelyn L.

by r1n2s3 on 8/16/2011 1:14:10 PM

All really good tips, but I have such a big breakout on my chin and my jawbone. I really need to get it out before school starts.

by basketballcutie11 on 8/16/2011 7:12:29 AM

Ok so I'm in love with the "cat eye" look where there's eyeliner on top and then you wing it out. The only prob is my mom doesn't let me wear makeup on top. Like she only lets me put eyeliner on the bottom. Would it look okay if i did the same thing but from the bottom?

Hey babe,

Hmm... I'm trying to imagine that on the bottom and I think it might look kinda strange, to be honest. It looks good on top because of the way our eyes are shaped. It definitely won't give you the effect you're looking for. I'd probably just wait until she lets you put eyeliner on top - and in the meantime, use another part of your face (like a bold red lip) to bring the drama to your look!
Lauren C.

by ktgurl1201 on 8/15/2011 6:47:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Heyyy. So I have really bad acne on my forehead, so bad my mom got me a prescription for it! I use that 2 times a day then an oil controlling lotion and I still have acne on my forehead! It looks horrible and my mom wont let me cover it with concealer! I was wondering if you had anything i could use to get rid of it or to help me convince my mom! I have blackheads and pimples, so anything to help those would be much much appreciated! THANKS. (:

Hey Girl,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with your skin -- acne stinks. But have patience... keep using the prescription lotion regularly, and you will probably see results. When talking to your mom, ask her if she had acne as a kid (it's often genetic). She'll have more sympathy for you if she wen through the same thing. And if not? Ignore the zits and have confidence -- trust me, no one will really notice.

Sarah G.

by koolsoccergurl on 8/15/2011 3:09:15 PM

@ Art Crazy52
Hey girlie! Ok, well idk what to tell u about the skin issue, but i can help with ur gym locker! i wear makeup & i dont have time to reapply it all, so i use Evian Facial Mist after gym. u just spray it on over ur makeup then gently dab it off with cotton rounds. it fixes ur make up while cleanses ur face & cooling u off! also keep deodorant, ponytail holders, bobby pins & perfume (if u like). also if u have to wear a uniform make sure to wash it often & keep clean socks to wear ... if u dont have to wear a uniform bring a t shirt & shorts to wear & bring new ones 2 times a week so that u have clean clothes but u dont have to worry about getting ur other clothes sweaty. hope this helps! <3 Sarah G.

by sparklysydafrid on 8/15/2011 9:40:45 AM

Need great advice from girls who are just like you?
You've come to the right place, Perfectionista!
Perfectionist + Fashionista = Perfectionista! If you're a total Perfectionista or you just need advice about anything join Perfectionistas! We'll help you with school, guys, friends, make up, fashion, and anything else that's going on in your life. Because we know better than anyone what you're going through, and we're here to help. Sarah G.

by sparklysydafrid on 8/15/2011 9:37:16 AM

Am I the only one who noticed there is no F or N?

by SBCreations on 8/14/2011 3:35:21 PM