2 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

3 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

4 HOURS AGO These celebs are definitely killin' the selfie game #MustFollow: http://t.co/cjJgTVKZxk

COMMENTS

GL's A-to-Z guide to clear skin

Bust breakouts before your first day back.

Join my club beauty secrets! It tells you amazing advice I bet you haven't heard before!(: you can also ask me beauty questions and I'll answer them for ya!(:

by GirlyGirl67 on 8/13/2011 11:53:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD So I use several different cleansers and scrubs and they usually work pretty well. But right before my period my acne acts up and the usual routine just won't cut it. Any tips?

Hey chica!  You might wanna read this:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/12/26/Your-guide-to-PMS-and-how-to-handle-it.aspx and this:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/07/23/Banish-PMS-Forever.aspx.  Basically, it sounds like your best bet might be to up your skincare routine with a spot treatment and, if you don't already have it, a salicylic acid wash, right before your period.  xoxo

Marie H.

by thecupcakequeen on 8/13/2011 12:54:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD 1. My school is starting soon and I'm kind of worried about what should I have in my gym locker. In the locker rooms we only have 4 min to get dressed, so how can I freshen up fast and what essentials should I have in my gym locker? 2. Whenever I try an acne product with benzoyl peroxide in it, my face gets itchy and red in a matter of minutes-especially on the cheeks, so I used salicylic acid products. I have tried three different ones and got the same results. Here's the weird thing though, one of them was the first spot treatment I used when I first starting got acne(I was maybe 11) and I don't remember having a bad reaction to it. Is it possible I'm allergic to it now(and I wasn't allergic to it then) or my skin was normal at the time so that is y my face didn't get red?

1)  Personally, I would recommend at least deodorant, make-up removers, and extra ponytail holders.  You could also pack back-ups of any make-up supplies you like to use!
2)  Hmm, I'm not sure why there would be a difference!  I'm not a medical expert, and I don't know if you can develop an allergy, but obviously our skin changes over time and thus might react differently.  You might wanna try products designed for sensitive skin, or consider meeting with a dermatologist.  xoxo

Marie H.

by Art Crazy52 on 8/13/2011 12:40:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD 1. My school is starting in less than two weeks and in the beginning of summer my mom got me a concealer and powder that covers and treats acne. I <3 it, but the concealer and powder is the wrong shade. I have light/medium but I need medium. I don't want to waste them but I don't want to go to school and have these bright spots where my pimples are! When I apply concealer, I use the applicator and dab it on, then pat and blend with my fingers, then I wrap a tissue around my finger and dab to take off the excess. What do I do?

If it's not too expensive, you might wanna ask your mom if you can buy the right shade.  It's not really helpful if it doesn't reall work!  Otherwise, check google or Youtube - at least with the powder, there are lots of tips for how to mix brown eyeshadow or bronzer to darken your foundation!  xoxo

Marie H.

by Art Crazy52 on 8/13/2011 12:25:11 PM

MOD
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR AMAZING ADVICE ON EVERYTHING!

You're very welcome Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 11:15:17 PM

mod
a friend a few years ago, made fun of me for acne, and the fact that she has bigger boobs than me. well, now, i am not popular and my feelings are still hurt. ever since then, she has hated me. she moved away, but i am still probably the least popular kid in my school. any advice?
-popularity downgrade

You need to work on your confidence! Check out this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/08/17/i-want-more-confidence.aspx

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 10:48:04 PM

what is virginity?

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 10:36:55 PM

mod
i have facial cleanser that "wakes you up", so, obviously, it is supposed to be used in the morning. but i read you should only cleanse with water in the morning. what's up with that?

I've never heard that you should only use water in the morning--was there a reason?

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 10:29:40 PM

MOD--I was wondering if you know of any good eye makeup removers that won't cause wrinkles? All the ones I've tried have required tons of scrubbing which I'm scared will eventually dry out my eyes and cause wrinkles. Thank yooou! (:

Hey girlie,

I use Almay makeup removing pads. They're great! (And also remember that you shouldn't scrub too much because it can cause irritation, but that won't cause wrinkles. Wrinkles are due to your skin's elasticity lessening as you get older.)
Lauren C.

by frankensteingirl on 8/12/2011 7:47:31 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod i have really dark and puffy under eye circles. i've had them for about a year now and in the last few weeks they've just gotten worse. i get plenty of sleep, about 9 hours each night, and i don't wear makeup so there's no way to cover them up. i've tried putting tea bags on my eyes and nothing works. i sorta wanna get concealer for them but i'm not sure yet. is there anything else i can do??

Hey girly,
You might want to chek with a doctor on this one. They'll be able to make those go away.

Catie C.