1 HOURS AGO Are you feelin' the FOMO when you're super busy—we wanna know: http://t.co/UQrYD4QkDD

2 HOURS AGO #PhotoMathApp —homework helper, or cheating device? http://t.co/pUKISaXdYG

3 HOURS AGO 10 last minute costumes straight from your closet: http://t.co/PUCimvKw1G

COMMENTS

GL's A-to-Z guide to clear skin

Bust breakouts before your first day back.

Hey girls! Need help with boys, friends, fashion, school, beauty or anything else? Then join the club "Guide To A Fabulous YOU" and get great answers from our amazing officers usually within 24 hours!
You have a question? We have an answer!
Guide To A Fabulous YOU!

by coolkitten24 on 8/19/2013 11:30:48 AM

Mod Mod Mod
am going to start school and am new i dont want zits on my face when i get there i dont have makeup because i like how i look but i do look good but the promblem is that i dont want zits on my face how can i make them go away n not come thank u

Hey girly, pimples tend to be a problem for everyone, especialy in the preteen and teen years. So take comfort in the fact that everyone around you is having the same prob. Get yourself a good face wash, I use Neutrogena, and wash your face every day. Make sure you wash your pillow case regularly, don't let hair products get on your face, and keep your hands away from your face. These things should help. Otherwise, there are some coverups you could try that would just help hide any stubborn zits. Hope this helps!

Lauren I.

by enstana on 10/10/2012 1:54:31 AM

Thanx,
Helen s. xoxo

you're so welcome Smile

Helen S.

by Krisskatt on 8/6/2012 7:06:05 PM

Mod!!!!!!!!!!!
So went camping about a week ago...and I put on SPF30 and my back really got sunburt.Frown but usually w/ my skin I just admedely tan AND NEVER get Burnt! So The burn faded and tanned. and I've been checking it every day, and today when I got out of the shower, I noticed lil white 'blobs' are on the right side. What r they? Is it skin cancer? I'm freakin out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xoxoxoxoxox Smile thanx

Helen S.

by Krisskatt on 8/6/2012 5:24:58 PM

Clearisil Rapid Action Facial Cleanser is a face wash I sware by that really works! A trick that works so well is take an old toothbrush with soft bristles and soak the bristles in hot water for 30 seconds. Then, take your regular face wash and slap it on, take the toothbrush and scrub your face to exfoliate all the residue that could cause pimples! Hope this helped!

by haker13 on 7/25/2012 1:56:23 AM

MODMODMOD
I play softball, and my face is breaking out where the chin strap rubs. I'm not allowed to wear make up till I'm 15 (totally not fair, if you ask me) so I can't really hide them. What should I do to calm the zit-fest?

Hey babe, the biggest thing is to be sure you're keepin' your chin as clean as possible. If your chin strap has replaceable padding, switch it out often. Use a cleanser on your face that has benzoyl peroxide, and try to wash it right after practice if ya can. Exfoliate a few times each week, and if it's still really bad, maybe see a dermatologist.
Carrie R.

by Graciegang on 6/6/2012 4:20:01 PM

MOD MOD MODe
hey so i hav a question. i have had pimples since i was 8 yrs old. i haven't had my period yet and my chest is pretty flat. i always get a lot of blackheads and stuff on my face too. has puberty started yet???
THANKS!!

Hey girlie,

You bet! Smile Puberty starts in all different ways for each person and, for girls, it can start anywhere between the ages of 7 and 13 - a wiiiide range. Some girls will start developing boobs before their faces get oily/pimply, while others will start their period before they have any other outward signs. But inside your body, puberty is working and you're progressing through it normally Smile
Lauren C.

by kaymalu on 3/22/2012 11:09:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I have really bad acne on the bridge of my nose. Do you know any cheap products under $10?

Hey Em&Emmalee, you could start with toothpaste. It is supposed to dry the bump out. My friend always uses it to get rid of her acne. Dab just a little on your nose before you go to sleep and wipe it off in the morning with a damp cloth. You could also try dabbing cotton balls into Witch Hazel. You can get a bottle of Witch Hazel at Rite-Aid or CVS for under 5 bucks. Burt's Bees also has an acne solution that I think is 10 bucks so try that too. Hope these help!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Em&Emmalee on 2/24/2012 8:36:37 PM

MOD! MOD!! MOD!!!
I have really bad acne. Like if you counted all my zits there are probably at least 20! I have tried different skin care products like Proactiv and currently I am using Nutrogena Grapefruit Oil Free Face Wash and it cleans my face fine but it doesn't take away my pimples! I use this stress cream stuff too but it also doesn't work. I really hate my skin and it constantly makes me feel very self conscious. What should I do?? And also how do I stop my older sister from making fun of me and wanting to pop all of them??!! THanks

First of all if your sister is being mean you should tell your parents to do something about it. You should feel comfortable in your own home. Also she should not be touching you. That is just rude. As far as the pimples go, you probably just have not found the right combination of products for your skin. It can take a new product up to 6 months to begin showing results which is what makes it so hard to find the right combination. I would suggest seeing a dermatologist if you are really concerned that nothing is working. They are trained to dea with skin issues.
Amanda P.

by elisea625415 on 2/20/2012 1:27:20 PM

I use the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash! The container is pink and its like a grapefruit wash. it works so good! My skin showed improvement the day after i used it! Now, after using it for about a month, i only have like two medium sized zits left! U shoud try it!

by littlezepps2 on 1/15/2012 7:18:09 PM

i need to try the alpha hydroxy acid stuff Tong

by blackdragon on 1/8/2012 1:27:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD (or anybody who can help)
Does ANYONE know a gentle exfoliater?! My skin is REALLY sensitive! and how many times a month should I use one?
Also, can any sensitive cream /lotion be used as a moisturizer for your face? Because I have these lotions from bath and body works that have herbal scents they are supposed to be aromatherapy ones and my mom got them for me 'cause they smelled nice could I use those on my face?!

Hey Chica,

Personally, I am a big fan of Clinique. It's made for all skin types, and they have special washes for sensitive skin. Plus, the worker at the counter will ask you questions to figure out the best exfoliator for your skin. It's a little expensive, but definitely worth it!
Rachel N.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 12/28/2011 1:30:11 PM

Thank you soooo much GL!!!! I have sensitive skin, and if i use something my skin has not touched at all, my face beside my nose will get a boatload of little red dots that go against my nose and down the side of my face. Do you have any products you would reccomend for sensitive skin??

by hes1207 on 12/20/2011 6:27:50 PM

Ok, last week I bought the Neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash. A couple days later I had an allergic reaction to it and now my face is dry and really itchy. Help!

by AMCfangirl on 12/2/2011 4:05:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I honestly don't know if this could lead to scarring or not, but my Grandma tought me that if I have a zit thats insanely HUGE, she said to just barely poke the side of the zit with a needle, let the zit drain out, and then clean it w/ an Oxy Pad.
I just wanna know if this works, because I tried it on a zit, and now there's a big, light-prunish colored mark where the zit used to be.

Hey girlie,

This is a painful way to get rid of zits! Plus, it could totally lead to scarring. It might seem better than popping them, but the truth is that it still gets rid of them unnaturally. Instead of trying to drain them/pop them, try applying some ice wrapped in a plastic baggie for five minutes, then off for five minutes, then on again for five minutes til it melts. It'll help get rid of some of the swelling! Apply some concealer to hide redness. A dab of toothpaste at night before bed could also help dry it up Smile
Lauren C.

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 11/25/2011 6:37:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so this evening i went to the skating rink with a couple friends and i got really hot and started sweating kinda badly. my face got really red, and my upper lip and in between my mouth and chin got sweaty. my friend told me if i used a yellowy foundation that would help with my red face. plus, sometime soon the boy scouts are going to the roller rink and my crush will be there, so what is best to help not sweat a ton and keep my face from not getting red? also, any ideas to help my feet not smell weird after i take skates off? thank you!

Hey girlie,

Try wearing a light cotton scarf to dab sweat away from your face/neck and also try not wearing too many layers. You want to be warm, but you also have to remember you'll be exercising a little so you don't need to super-bundle up! As for the red face, that is a SUPER normal reaction to exercise! And even though ice skating is a fun friends activity, it's also a physical activity. Stay hydrated, prepare with a foundation and concealer base beforehand, and try to accept that you'll experience some redness naturally. And don't let this make you forget to HAVE FUN Smile

And the feet, unfortunately, are going to smell weird because they've been rubbing against the skates materials for so long. If they sweat as well, that'll make it worse. But you could pack some baby powder or body spray in your purse to refresh your socks afterwards! Or just a new pair of socks Smile
Lauren C.

by pinkguitar98 on 11/19/2011 11:09:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have acne right now and I am not allowed to wear makeup. I am twelve, do you think I should ask my mom if I can wear makeup now? Also, my other question, I didn't used to wash my face every day besides in the shower (that was when I was like 7 or 8 not 12) but I wash it in the shower at night, and in the morning. I already have acne but if I keep this habit up, will my acne go away? It isn't really bad it's just a spot on my forehead that has about a dozen pimples. PLEASE HELP!

Hey girlie,

Whether or not you're 12 isn't the issue at the moment - I think the bigger issue is getting your acne under control! You don't want to put makeup on top of that and clog your pores further, you know? So try to get into a routine with a gentle cleanser to keep your skin clean, fresh, and blemish free. If you start to have trouble with acne beyond a few spots here and there, make sure you're getting enough sleep/drinking enough water/not touching your face too much throughout the day. If it gets really bad, ask mom if you can see a doctor about it. They'll be able to recommend even stronger products to zap those zits Smile
Lauren C.

by rissa99 on 10/28/2011 10:47:27 PM

Another lip scrub besides L's is 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 teaspoons sugar. Mix them together then apply to lips. Rub lips together or with clean hands for 1 minutes. Instant softness! Unless you have really dry lips, then you need to do it a few times over a few days.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 10/25/2011 6:37:09 PM

H,V, and W are easy!

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 10/25/2011 6:34:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Ok so is it true that if you put toothpaste on zits they dry up and go away? I did it last night but this morning my mom said that that didn't work and i was wasting toothpaste is this true? thanks!

Hey girlie,

Toothpaste has sometimes worked to shrink the size of my pimples and dry them up a little bit! You only need a tiny dab, not enough to make mom say you're wasting it Smile But of course there are exceptions - sometimes it doesn't work because the pimple is too big, has already popped, etc. And you also need to use the right kind of toothpaste, aka not a whitening toothpaste and choose a paste, not gel, since that will irritate your skin without helping much.
Lauren C.

by kjcoolieo on 10/16/2011 12:25:44 PM

alright well thnk you soooo much!!! i have acne but its not that bad the onlt thing that bugs me is my blemishes!!! but now i know how to get rid of them!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile hahaahahahaha
thanks guys!!!!

by Princess28 on 10/8/2011 5:05:28 PM

Hey girls,
I tried the olive oil and sugar on my lips and it worked so good. I would reccomend it to anyone. My lips were so soft afterward so try it!

by jcaligurl on 10/2/2011 9:56:12 PM

I disagree with E because Apricot scrub is amazing, it totally depends on your skin type, i have oily skin and it works wonders for me

by SuperKiwiPower66 on 10/2/2011 12:29:51 AM

i sorta disagree with K. If your hair is clean and you wash your face often you won't have a problem. i have the kind of side bangs that cover one eye.

by spicyllamachick2120 on 9/30/2011 8:36:25 PM

I always forget to wash face. Is there anything that will help me remember?

by lilchica on 9/26/2011 6:22:46 PM

this sounds really wierd but i have super small pimples on my neck that i can feel but cant see. Any ideas on how to make them go away

Try using a salicylic face wash there Smile

by kamio123 on 9/24/2011 10:29:31 AM

This is great! I loved it! I drink water more than Im supposed to....And guess what ladies! I don't drink pop at all! ITS OUT! I don't think its as good tasting as people think it is. And it isn't well for your health or skin. Its mostly sugars.

My skin has been very clear. I went to the dermatologist not toooo long ago. And he helped me a lot! I don't have zits or blemishes or anything but I wanted him to recommend what I should use so breakouts don't happen, and he said Cetaphil skin cleanser is number 1 recommended by dermatologist for pre-teens and teens. AND IT WORKS!

Luv ya Chicas,
Katie

by Cupcake1999 on 9/21/2011 10:36:22 PM

mod mod mod i like this guy and his best friend likes me. would it be mean to tell the guy i like that i like him? cuz if my crush told my best friend that he likes her, it would make me jelous. but maybe guy's jelousy is different from girls?

Hey girlyfriend, no guys are the same lol. His feelings would probably be hurt, and he would be jealous. Maybe think of a nice way to tell his friend you like him that way you aren't hurting anyone. Hope this helps! Smile

Lynae P.

by oceanlover69 on 9/17/2011 8:08:02 PM

I'm 11 and i DO NOT have perfect skin, i have a heap of freckles on my face, mainly across my nose and cheeks. But i also have a heap of pimples on my forehead and i have a side fringe so there is nowhere for me to hide them. i keep waiting for them to go away but its like as soon as i get clear skin another pimple pops up. what should i do?????

Get into a face cleaning regimen. If you clean your face every single morning and night, youll get into the habit and your face will begin to clear up. Make sure you keep this up and it will start to clear, however you will always get a new pimple. Its what happens when youre a teenager. But if you keep your face clean and work hard, youll feel much better about it and the appearance will probably slow down. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by another_rainy_day on 9/16/2011 5:16:16 PM

This was REALLY helpful Smile

by Chyna2000x on 9/11/2011 3:31:17 AM

put your hand over your mouth
make a wish
post this on 10 other polls
look at your hand

by Marceline1 on 9/10/2011 6:39:56 PM

MODMODMOD MOD MOD!!!!!11 Okay, I have usually had pretty clean and clear skin (not the brand0 but now I have moved to Floria from California and my skin is FREAKING out. I have a ton of zits on my forhead and above by eyebrows. I have always had pretty plain, normal skin, and now it turns sensitive, dry, and oily. It isn't crazy bad, or anything, but I'm worried that it isn't temprorary. What do you think??? Thanks in advanced Smile

Try using a face wash that addresses the current problems you are having with your skin and see what happens Smile

by beautykissxx on 9/6/2011 10:35:08 PM

About the exfoliating, I use a gritty-ish apricot scrub a few times a week, and it cleared up my skin a LOT and made if feel sooooo soft.

by hopelt_dancergirl on 9/5/2011 4:10:22 PM

MOD MOD

hehe is it just me or is this missing the letter F ?

by orangepups on 9/4/2011 11:24:01 PM

.... Yes, make sure its a OLD toothbrush... my lips hurt now... but this really works anyways! My lips are really shiny <3

by msleetaemin on 9/4/2011 8:32:55 PM

mod
out of the blue, what is your fave song?

Good question! My fave song of the moment is definitely "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5, but my fave song ever is either "Fader" by The Temper Trap, "American Girl" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, "Hometown Glory" by Adele, "Mind Trick" by Jamie Cullum, "The Modern Age" by The Strokes, "All I Ever Wanted" by Train, "Uptight" by Stevie Wonder ... I have a lot of favorites, I guess ;)
Lauren C.

by r1n2s3 on 9/4/2011 9:51:23 AM

luv this arctical!!!

by stars2010 on 9/3/2011 10:45:11 PM

mod mod
what is sex?

That's something you should talk to your mom about first Smile

by r1n2s3 on 9/3/2011 12:58:01 PM

omg i use Mario Badescu Drying Cream all the time!!! its pricey but SOOOOO worth it!

by decklandog on 8/29/2011 8:53:37 PM

where can u find green tinted concealer? thnx Laughing

by horzegirl13 on 8/27/2011 4:51:17 PM

Gr8 advice!!!!! Thnks GL!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

by orangey98 on 8/26/2011 7:51:32 PM

by yesterdayskoolaid1 on 8/25/2011 1:59:17 PM

mod
what are some facial cleansers you would reccomend with sacrilyc acid?

Hey cutie! If you mean Salicylic Acid, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash has been called the number one with Salicylic Acid. You can find it at a local drugstore, it's pink!
Jess W.

by r1n2s3 on 8/23/2011 3:58:06 PM

I like this page. Something important about this.......Or maybe its just skin not some silly clothes

by Gravy2332 on 8/22/2011 7:36:12 AM

f- find your cleansers
n- no "special remedies"

by r1n2s3 on 8/21/2011 1:32:47 PM

they skipped f & n

by r1n2s3 on 8/21/2011 1:31:36 PM

Why o why does a pimple have to show up when you want it the least. I went to a party last week and had a nice complexion and the day before the party I got a pimple on my forehead. It was so upsetting. They just seem to show up like that.

by luckykel on 8/19/2011 10:48:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
How should I do my hair for the first day of school ( it's this Monday!). I'm going to wear a pink shirt with grayish-bluish shorts and brown converse with a black and white striped cardigan that is very light.

Helen S.

by applethecrazycat on 8/19/2011 6:37:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So Im wearing a Roxy floral knee length spagettii dress on the first day of school. Im wearing tan flats with it. How should I do my (and possible make up if my mom lets me) hair with it??? Thanks Smile
BTW--Im going to ask my mom to let me wear make up. How should I approach her? Should I just say straight up"Can I wear make up?" Any advice?? Thanks Smile

Hey girly!

So many questions--it's great! First of all, when asking your mom about makeup, look her in the eye and say, "Mom, I feel like I'm older and more mature and I would really like to start wearing makeup this year. I won't wear anything too heavy or dark--just natural colors. You can help me pick it out!" and see what she says. Allowing your mom to have a say in the products/colors you buy will make her more open to the idea. As for the first day, keep everything natural. Beachy waves are always a nice, simple look that's super cute. Keep the makeup light and neutral.
Katelyn L.

by HappyFeet16 on 8/18/2011 2:56:13 PM

i have a ton of freckles on my face and people always ask how i got so many and i dont know what to say i was just born with them but i have this giant one one my cheek do you guys have any advice to what i should do to cover it up
plz! give me some advice! bye! Tong

by lacyng12 on 8/17/2011 6:46:11 PM

sry i posted my comment twice

by lolgirl67 on 8/16/2011 3:59:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Im going to high school and i can wear make up now. I have worn mascara in middle schol but i dont know what type of foundation to wear. Is powder, tinted mouisterizer base concealer rite for me or all of them? I have oilier skin any advice would be greatSmile.

Hey girl!

If you have oily skin, I would suggest using a matte foundation, which will basically take any unwanted shine out of your skin. There's a brand found at Wal Mart called Hard Candy. They sell a product called "Hard Candy Welcome Matte." If you invest in that, you could pretty much use any type of foundation and then finish it off with that to get rid of the oily appearance. Hope this helps!
Katelyn L.

by lolgirl67 on 8/16/2011 3:51:26 PM

mod mod mod!
i have straight, limp, maybe 9 inch hair, i cant braid it or it falls out, and i cant get that "beachy-wavy" look. how do i do it, and what are some other ways to style my limp, lifeless, locks?

Hey chica!

You can try scrunching it with a curling gel. You could also try adding a mousse to it which could give it some extra body. Accessorizing is also an easy way to get a super cute hairstyle. Try adding a headband or other type of hair piece for a different look!
Katelyn L.

by r1n2s3 on 8/16/2011 1:19:37 PM

mod
does milk (drinking it) help clear up skin?

1. Hey chica!

If you're wanting to keep your skin clear, water is the best option for you! Milk is more for keeping your teeth and bones strong.

Katelyn L.

by r1n2s3 on 8/16/2011 1:14:10 PM

All really good tips, but I have such a big breakout on my chin and my jawbone. I really need to get it out before school starts.

by basketballcutie11 on 8/16/2011 7:12:29 AM

Ok so I'm in love with the "cat eye" look where there's eyeliner on top and then you wing it out. The only prob is my mom doesn't let me wear makeup on top. Like she only lets me put eyeliner on the bottom. Would it look okay if i did the same thing but from the bottom?

Hey babe,

Hmm... I'm trying to imagine that on the bottom and I think it might look kinda strange, to be honest. It looks good on top because of the way our eyes are shaped. It definitely won't give you the effect you're looking for. I'd probably just wait until she lets you put eyeliner on top - and in the meantime, use another part of your face (like a bold red lip) to bring the drama to your look!
Lauren C.

by ktgurl1201 on 8/15/2011 6:47:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Heyyy. So I have really bad acne on my forehead, so bad my mom got me a prescription for it! I use that 2 times a day then an oil controlling lotion and I still have acne on my forehead! It looks horrible and my mom wont let me cover it with concealer! I was wondering if you had anything i could use to get rid of it or to help me convince my mom! I have blackheads and pimples, so anything to help those would be much much appreciated! THANKS. (:

Hey Girl,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with your skin -- acne stinks. But have patience... keep using the prescription lotion regularly, and you will probably see results. When talking to your mom, ask her if she had acne as a kid (it's often genetic). She'll have more sympathy for you if she wen through the same thing. And if not? Ignore the zits and have confidence -- trust me, no one will really notice.

Sarah G.

by koolsoccergurl on 8/15/2011 3:09:15 PM

@ Art Crazy52
Hey girlie! Ok, well idk what to tell u about the skin issue, but i can help with ur gym locker! i wear makeup & i dont have time to reapply it all, so i use Evian Facial Mist after gym. u just spray it on over ur makeup then gently dab it off with cotton rounds. it fixes ur make up while cleanses ur face & cooling u off! also keep deodorant, ponytail holders, bobby pins & perfume (if u like). also if u have to wear a uniform make sure to wash it often & keep clean socks to wear ... if u dont have to wear a uniform bring a t shirt & shorts to wear & bring new ones 2 times a week so that u have clean clothes but u dont have to worry about getting ur other clothes sweaty. hope this helps! <3 Sarah G.

by sparklysydafrid on 8/15/2011 9:40:45 AM

Need great advice from girls who are just like you?
You've come to the right place, Perfectionista!
Perfectionist + Fashionista = Perfectionista! If you're a total Perfectionista or you just need advice about anything join Perfectionistas! We'll help you with school, guys, friends, make up, fashion, and anything else that's going on in your life. Because we know better than anyone what you're going through, and we're here to help. Sarah G.

by sparklysydafrid on 8/15/2011 9:37:16 AM

Am I the only one who noticed there is no F or N?

by SBCreations on 8/14/2011 3:35:21 PM

Join my club beauty secrets! It tells you amazing advice I bet you haven't heard before!(: you can also ask me beauty questions and I'll answer them for ya!(:

by GirlyGirl67 on 8/13/2011 11:53:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD So I use several different cleansers and scrubs and they usually work pretty well. But right before my period my acne acts up and the usual routine just won't cut it. Any tips?

Hey chica!  You might wanna read this:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/12/26/Your-guide-to-PMS-and-how-to-handle-it.aspx and this:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/07/23/Banish-PMS-Forever.aspx.  Basically, it sounds like your best bet might be to up your skincare routine with a spot treatment and, if you don't already have it, a salicylic acid wash, right before your period.  xoxo

Marie H.

by thecupcakequeen on 8/13/2011 12:54:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD 1. My school is starting soon and I'm kind of worried about what should I have in my gym locker. In the locker rooms we only have 4 min to get dressed, so how can I freshen up fast and what essentials should I have in my gym locker? 2. Whenever I try an acne product with benzoyl peroxide in it, my face gets itchy and red in a matter of minutes-especially on the cheeks, so I used salicylic acid products. I have tried three different ones and got the same results. Here's the weird thing though, one of them was the first spot treatment I used when I first starting got acne(I was maybe 11) and I don't remember having a bad reaction to it. Is it possible I'm allergic to it now(and I wasn't allergic to it then) or my skin was normal at the time so that is y my face didn't get red?

1)  Personally, I would recommend at least deodorant, make-up removers, and extra ponytail holders.  You could also pack back-ups of any make-up supplies you like to use!
2)  Hmm, I'm not sure why there would be a difference!  I'm not a medical expert, and I don't know if you can develop an allergy, but obviously our skin changes over time and thus might react differently.  You might wanna try products designed for sensitive skin, or consider meeting with a dermatologist.  xoxo

Marie H.

by Art Crazy52 on 8/13/2011 12:40:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD 1. My school is starting in less than two weeks and in the beginning of summer my mom got me a concealer and powder that covers and treats acne. I <3 it, but the concealer and powder is the wrong shade. I have light/medium but I need medium. I don't want to waste them but I don't want to go to school and have these bright spots where my pimples are! When I apply concealer, I use the applicator and dab it on, then pat and blend with my fingers, then I wrap a tissue around my finger and dab to take off the excess. What do I do?

If it's not too expensive, you might wanna ask your mom if you can buy the right shade.  It's not really helpful if it doesn't reall work!  Otherwise, check google or Youtube - at least with the powder, there are lots of tips for how to mix brown eyeshadow or bronzer to darken your foundation!  xoxo

Marie H.

by Art Crazy52 on 8/13/2011 12:25:11 PM

MOD
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR AMAZING ADVICE ON EVERYTHING!

You're very welcome Smile

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 11:15:17 PM

mod
a friend a few years ago, made fun of me for acne, and the fact that she has bigger boobs than me. well, now, i am not popular and my feelings are still hurt. ever since then, she has hated me. she moved away, but i am still probably the least popular kid in my school. any advice?
-popularity downgrade

You need to work on your confidence! Check out this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/08/17/i-want-more-confidence.aspx

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 10:48:04 PM

what is virginity?

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 10:36:55 PM

mod
i have facial cleanser that "wakes you up", so, obviously, it is supposed to be used in the morning. but i read you should only cleanse with water in the morning. what's up with that?

I've never heard that you should only use water in the morning--was there a reason?

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 10:29:40 PM

MOD--I was wondering if you know of any good eye makeup removers that won't cause wrinkles? All the ones I've tried have required tons of scrubbing which I'm scared will eventually dry out my eyes and cause wrinkles. Thank yooou! (:

Hey girlie,

I use Almay makeup removing pads. They're great! (And also remember that you shouldn't scrub too much because it can cause irritation, but that won't cause wrinkles. Wrinkles are due to your skin's elasticity lessening as you get older.)
Lauren C.

by frankensteingirl on 8/12/2011 7:47:31 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod i have really dark and puffy under eye circles. i've had them for about a year now and in the last few weeks they've just gotten worse. i get plenty of sleep, about 9 hours each night, and i don't wear makeup so there's no way to cover them up. i've tried putting tea bags on my eyes and nothing works. i sorta wanna get concealer for them but i'm not sure yet. is there anything else i can do??

Hey girly,
You might want to chek with a doctor on this one. They'll be able to make those go away.

Catie C.

by kittycadet101 on 8/12/2011 2:11:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD does toothpaste really work to clear pimples? Because one of my friends said it worked for her and she said to use paste toothpaste not gel and to make sure mint wasn't one of the ingredients. so should I trust her and try to use toothpaste???

Hey girly,
Toothpaste is totally fine. Just don't use it very often.

Catie C.

by supergirl345 on 8/12/2011 12:54:40 PM

Mod Mod Mod I don't know where to find jojoba oil!

Hey girly,
You can find it at your local GNC.

Catie C.

by Madi<3purplestamm on 8/12/2011 12:02:12 PM

mod help! i sweat like a pig, and i don't know why! i drink lots of water, and it gets really embarassing. help!

Hey girly,
There are tons of different sprays and stuff to help with that so check out your local drugstore. Also, check with a doctor if you have further questions.

Catie C.

by r1n2s3 on 8/12/2011 11:01:12 AM

Beauty Tips From Jenna!!
Please Join The Club!!

Hey girls! This is a club all about makeup and beauty! The president of this club is Jenna. Jenna is a beauty intern for GL Magazine. She makes beauty videos for GL as well. Feel free to ask her for tips about using makeup and about the videos she makes.

by beautygirl212 on 8/11/2011 10:24:05 PM

i have dark bags under my eyes and im not sure what is causing them. i generally get 8 hours of sleep and i almost always drink lots of water so im not sure whats goin on under the eyes.
Thanks Smile

Hey girl, it may just be their shadow. Try a bit of concealer to brighten the area up and continue to hydrate and get enough sleep!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by the band geek on 8/11/2011 9:50:51 PM

IN YOUR OPINION, WHICH DO YOU THINK WORKS BETTER: PROACTIVE OR SKIN ID?

by r1n2s3 on 8/11/2011 2:23:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hi! school's starting in a week, and I was wondering if you have a hardcore routine to clear up moderate acne. Currently, in the morning, I'm washing my face with nuetrogena's grape fruit pump, then moisturizing with their sensitive skin face lotion. At night, I wash with that again, using a toner on my T-Zone, moisturize, and put acne medicine on my face. Should I change that at all? Thanks!!

Hey girl. The only way to find the right routine for you is trial and error, that is if you can't go to a derm. I like using a sulfur mask once a week.

mary h.

by svds on 8/11/2011 12:03:30 PM

MODMODMOD
So, I have lots of acne on my forhead . It's not red. They're skin colored. I've tried everything but I can't get them to go away. What should I do?
-pizza face

Hey girl,

Have you tried using acne products with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide? Those clear up acne very well. x0x0

by prettykitty121 on 8/10/2011 4:30:17 PM

mod
my profile is not publicly visible. how do you change that?

Hey girl,

Make sure that when you edit your profile, the "keep my profile visible" box is checked. x0x0

by r1n2s3 on 8/10/2011 4:15:08 PM

mod
hey. i have oily/sensitive skin, but when i use facial cleansers, they dry my skin out really bad, and i breakout, 'cause i have sensitive skin.

Hey girl,

Many companies make face washes for oily or sensitive skin, so be sure to choose one that's right for your skin. x0x0

by r1n2s3 on 8/10/2011 3:44:07 PM

MOdMOD MOd
hey! ok so i was wondering if it is bad to use a scrub every day in the morning & night? i use regular facial cleanser now & i want to try a scrub but i don't want to irritate my skin. do you think that an acne scrub like neutrogena or clearasil would be okay? Any suggestions on scrubs to tryy? thatnk you sooo much! i appreciate it Smile

hey! if you notice your skin drying out, then ease up on the washing. otherwise you're good to go Smile
Helen S.

by m.budd8 on 8/8/2011 6:17:27 PM

MOD i use the nutrogina grapefruitscrub everyday and i was just wondering if it was bad to use it all the time?

hey! washing your face every day is a good thing Smile
Helen S.

by daloreanzone on 8/8/2011 5:31:56 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/8/2011 1:51:22 PM

Yeah I went to the dermatologist, and she perscribed me to these two creams which I use at night after I wash my face with Neutrogena. Afterwards, I hydrate with a moisturizer before I go to bed. In the morning I wash my face with Neutrogena, moisturize again, and then take the pill my dermatologist perscribed to me. My face is totally clear and I never have to worry about breakouts anymore!
I also really recommend the bare minerals makeup, it makes your skin literally glow!

by gymnasticsgirl10 on 8/7/2011 6:37:38 PM

I use proactiv's revitalizing toner. It is a non-alcoholic cleanser that helps get rid of dirt, grease, and oil in your pores. I rub the liquid on my face with a cotton pad. I use it once when I wake up, and again before I go to bed. 1)Is it okay to use it more than twice a day? 2) Is it beneficial to use it more than twice a day? Thanks for all the help ;)
-Alyssa

1. Your best bet would be to check the label to be sure.

2. I, personally, believe twice is good enough

Smile

by parischick2 on 8/5/2011 8:46:20 PM

I have a zeno and I love it! When I wake up with a pimple or can feel one forming, I use it and the pimple leaves the next day or immediately.

by volleyballgirl96 on 8/5/2011 5:58:42 PM

I wash my face in the morning with Clean & Clear's Morning Burst Cleanser. I use Clearsil to wash @ nite time. I use Clean & Clear astrigent. I use Clearsil on the spot cream (not sure wat it is called) And then, I mosturize with Clean & Clear Dual Action Mosturizer. And every few weeks I use a strip thingy on my nose to clear out my pores. I know it sounds like a lot but it really works. I don't have much acne! (:

by colorqueen101 on 8/4/2011 5:05:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
What is the best thing to use to get rid of pimples before school starts? Btw my school starts on August 22nd. Frown
Please help!!! Smile

Hey girl,

Any face wash or acne treatment with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it is great for clearing up pimples. x0x0

by DoubleR on 8/4/2011 3:58:19 PM

i've done all these things and it doesnt work!! Frown my mom got concerned cuz my face is always breaking out and the doctor prescribed me to epiduo, but it completely dries out my skin! what should i do?

Hey girl,

Your doctor knows best, so if he prescribed you something, you should stick with it. Your face might be drying out, but that's how you know an acne medication is working. It usually has to dry your skin out before it gets better, so stick with the product and give it some time to work. x0x0

by missykp on 8/4/2011 3:29:55 PM

am i the only one that noticed they skipped "F" and "N?" But the tips they have are great.

by enchantedchia39 on 8/4/2011 12:18:23 AM

For some reason I have a horrible time getting myself to drink water. It's really rough on me because I run cross country, and I know I should hydrate but I just don't. How can I get myself to drink water?

Bring a filed water bottle with you everywhere. IF you have access to it youll find yourself drinking it more. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Vivi on 8/3/2011 9:58:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
im going on vacation to north carolina (to visit family) and virginia beach next week. im supposed to pack light so what are some basic staples i can bring that can change from day to night and stuff?

Helen S.

by countryrose257 on 8/3/2011 7:11:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I feel a little down because my older sister has said that I'm going to grow up to be a bitter woman. I suppose in a way it could be true, because I don't trust anyone, because I've given my trust to people who take advantage of it, I don't show who I really am because I know that my family could end up looking down on me/not liking me as much, and I don't express my feelings because people have taken advantage of it in the past.
I think a little pick me up is all I need, thank you. :o)

hey! I don't think it's fair for anyone to make a judgement about what you're going to be like when you're older at this early stage. Your whole life is ahead of you, don't get bogged down thinking you're this way or you're that way. You can be anything you want at any time and no one can tell you otherwise Smile
Helen S.

by biskii on 8/3/2011 6:56:00 PM

MODMODMOD!!! ok so i wanna start wearing makeup, how do i ask my mom?

mary h.

by dancer2998 on 8/3/2011 12:23:43 PM

Not to be picky...but what happened to F and N?

by googie on 8/3/2011 12:01:17 PM

Great tips!

by caligirl99 on 8/3/2011 11:52:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD i have acne, and my salon that i get my hair done at has a facial, its called an acne clearing facial, it says it is customized to target blackheads, whiteheads, and inflamed acne, would this help my skin or waste my money? its $70. Please help(:

Hey girl. I'm not sure what this mask entails, but I would talk to a derm before you try anything so expensive! I would suggest other methods first.

mary h.

by Abigaildancer13 on 8/3/2011 11:20:29 AM

MODMODMOD My bff is having a pool party tonight and i have to go because im not going to see her for the next month. im on my period, iits the last day so the floww is pretty light, but i still have to wear a pad! ive never used tampons, neither has my mom, i asked her about it, and she said it might end by tonight. should i buy a small box of light absorbencey tampons just in case? and are they hard to put in. how do you even find where your vagina is?

Hey girl. I think you should try tampons. There will be other times when you might want to go in the water on your period. If you insert a tampon right it shouldn't hurt. The most important thing is to try to relax your muscles down there when inserting one, so you won't feel much discomfort. One of the best resource, other than GL, for this kind of stuff is kidshealth.com

(It's written for YOU and won't have explicit pics. Look at it with your mom!). Click on the teen tab. Here are the links you seem to need:

what's down there?

This a basic guide to the female reproductive system:http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/changing_body/female_repro.html

Good Luck!<3

mary h.

by Dancing Queen 14 on 8/3/2011 11:08:11 AM

MODMODMOD 1)I already read your article on snagging selena's cover style, and i know she wears classic pieces. what kind of patterns and color tops does she wear? is forever 21 a good store to get tops from. how do i snag her style? what kind of shoes does she wear? 2)does this sound like good makeup for school: pale pink almost sheer spf 20 lip gloss, a little bit of purple sparkling eyeliner (i have brown eyes and i dont know why but it makes them pop), 1 coat of lengthening mascara, and skin clearing blemish concealer with salycic acid(when needed on pimples/zits/blemishes) 3)once i shave should i shave immediatley after stubble comes(which is like after 2 days

Hey girl. First, your make up sounds perfect. Second, I would check out pics of Selena and make a inspiration board of her style. Do a google image search. Sites like http://coolspotters.com/actresses/selena-gomez can show you exact pieces. Third, shaving is like that. You could try waxing or a produt like Nair.

mary h.

by Dancing Queen 14 on 8/3/2011 10:56:26 AM

mod!!! my best friend moved across the country last year. She visited last week and we both told each other it was really lonely without the other. We convinced my mom to let her move in if her parents say yes when she asks. I'm just kind of afraid that a problem will happen socially that will make it hard for us to live together (ex. her taking the opposite side in a fight between me and another friend). Can you think of a way to avoid this happening? Are there any more important drawbacks that I might not be thinking of when it comes to my friend moving in?

Hey girl. The biggest draw back is not having as much alone time. Make sure you guys have your own space. Talk to your mom about your concerns. I can think of friends of mine that I could do this with and others that it would be a total nightmare.

mary h.

by funinthesun4ever on 8/3/2011 10:50:39 AM

COOLIO!!
the help is apprietiated!

by colorqueen101 on 8/3/2011 10:26:54 AM

THIS IS A LIFESAVER! THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE DAY YET AGAIN, GL!! Laughing

by GoneWithTheWind on 8/3/2011 7:35:17 AM

Check them out(:

1. MY ADVICE QUEEN-PURPLEORCHID
2. Club Hawai`i- Anything you'll ever need to know about Hawai`i
3. Only Girls In the World- For Only Children
4. Vent It out!- Having a bad day? Let it out!
5. NEW!!!! *~Juicy Couture Insiders~* - Join if you love Juicy!

by purpleorchid on 8/3/2011 6:59:35 AM

mod mod mod everytime i use to daily facial cleaners like clean& and clear my face becomes pure but after that i actually start having pimples and not only this product is it my skin?

Hey girl. Two things could be happening A) Your face is flushing out pimples in reaction to the facial cleanser. Unless a product is super irritating then you should give it a little while to work. B) Your skin is too sensitive for the product or you are allergic to an ingredient.

mary h.

by zubaida on 8/3/2011 6:15:30 AM

omigosh! I just bought an E.L.F. zitzapper from target for only $1!!!! I wasn't expecting much, since it was sooo cheap, but it made a big difference!!! everyone should get one!!!

by pinkmoose3 on 8/3/2011 3:07:05 AM

ATTENTION GIRLS<3
come join my club health cuties, for everything to do with getting healthy, and fit, from exercising to having healthy skin and hairSmile everyone is welcome, and we will be electing officers soon, so join in on the quest to getting healthier!!
THANK YOU I PROMISE THIS CLUB WITH BE A LOT OF FUN!!

by cutie_pie54 on 8/2/2011 10:51:16 PM

OMG! So helpful!!

by fungrrrleo on 8/2/2011 9:56:43 PM

mod mod mod! i texted my bgf/crush a couple weeks ago but i didnt get a responce. so my friend said he prob just didnt get it or something so try texting him again. so i did but he still didnt text me back. what should i do? i want to seehim before school starts in a couple weeks but i dont want to keep bugging him. (we play tennis together and usually if 1 of us asks the other to play we would be down at the courts in 5 min flat) thanks! im prob making a big deal for nothing lol but thanks!

If the texts aren't working, try a face to face conversation

by 12maxandgretel on 8/2/2011 8:41:01 PM

MOD. my face gets oily during the day and I'm starting ANOTHER new school this year - and highschool! Smile so I wanna not get that shiny, gross look half way through the day is there some way to fix this? I've heard of like pads or something. thanks!

Try some oil blotting sheets, they work wonders =)

by SuperT on 8/2/2011 8:27:22 PM

My first day of school was today, so no clear skin on the first day for me Frown ... but thanx for the tips GL! Smile

by Runnergrrl16 on 8/2/2011 8:09:17 PM

Okay, admit it: Life isn't cake. And sometimes, you need some chica to chica advice. Smile

Well, I'm your girl. I give advice on everything. And yes, this includes the topic you're wondering on.

So if you don't know what to wear that weekend, what to tell that guy, or how to fix that family problem, contact me Smile

Holla! Peace out.

by naturallywonderful on 8/2/2011 7:57:47 PM

Hey chicas,If you need advice on anything really I'm here 4 u!I answer questions on topics from boys to hair styles to drawing and much more!!!!!no question is too embarrassing or humiliating so come on down to my advice queen page and you wont be dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by artistchic99 on 8/2/2011 7:39:02 PM

MOD is it annoying to resend a text if your crush hasnt responded... is has been prob and hour.. some of my friends say you shouldnt but others say its ok and on of my friends just resent a text. what do you think? thanks Smile

Guys may think its a bit much, so either wait till he responds or wait it out a couple hours then send another =)

by sparksfly13 on 8/2/2011 7:23:40 PM

these r some great ideas! ive actually got 2 put medicine like stuff on my face for a couple of yrs now tht was perscribed by my doc. this yr im starting 2 c results this yr! but my face gets really oily during the skool day. ick.

anyways check out my profile clubs & advice pg!

by briblue3 on 8/2/2011 7:22:20 PM

the water one is soooo true i have a job that makes me drink a TON of water every day b/c i'm out in the sun all day. a few days later i noticed my acne clearing up! (i only had a bit but it was noticeable) and now 6 days later it's still gone!

by qtpie42 on 8/2/2011 6:38:59 PM

MODMODMODMODM How do i ask my mom to take me bra shopping? I am almost 14 and i dont really wear a bra. I have a few, but they are wayyyyyyyy too small and are from like 6th grade Tong

Just let her know that the bras you have are too small, and ask her can the two of you go on a small bonding trip to the mall. Tell her that those are one of the main things that you want to pick up

by horsie9000 on 8/2/2011 5:53:17 PM

MODMODMOD<3 Hi!So anyway,this weekend I should be going back to school shopping.I was wondering what essentials you think I need to pick up?Thanks for your help! Hope you have a nice day!

You should pick up a couple pairs of cute jeans, shirts, sweaters, and versatile shoes. Since it's progressing to the fall and winter months, try to aim more for those types of clothes =)

by cougargirl on 8/2/2011 5:44:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD! This is sooo weird, but lately i've been breaking out under my arms... why and how can i get rid of them?

You could be allergic to the deoderant that you are using. Try switching and see what happens

by karatesis7 on 8/2/2011 5:29:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD So I'm using the clean and clear acne control treatment (ya know, it comes in the silver bottles?) well i'm starting it anyways. this year i want to take complete care of myself so i'm starting new shampoo, conditioner, vitamins, more water, new face wash, new toothbrush, AND I'm flossing!! (woah, i know right- flossing? haha) do you think this'll help clear up my skin and keep my looking fresh and pretty all year long if i really stick to it?

If you stick to it, then you will definitely see results

by jesusfreakhrdcore on 8/2/2011 5:28:07 PM

mod mod hey this is kinda a stupid question but when you have your period can you go in the pool? thanks

Of course you can! Usually when you are in the water, your period stops its flow until after you get out. But to be on the safe side, you can always use a tampon before you go swimming

by twirlgirl9 on 8/2/2011 5:00:33 PM

Sunscreen makes me break out so badly. I've been a good girl all summer and slathered on the SPF, but my usual acne products won't get rid of the big red blemishes ): How can I get rid of them before school? It starts in two weeks. And how can I prevent breakouts from sunscreen? Thanks!

Hey girl,

To prevent breakouts from sunscreen, be sure to get an oil-free sunscreen. And to get rid of the blemishes, make sure you're using a product with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. x0x0

by thecupcakequeen on 8/2/2011 4:52:32 PM

MOD!
i'm going back to school shopping in a week or so. i was just wondering, even though i won't be buying these items yet, what type of boots do you think are going to be in style this fall/winter? and what type of coat do u think every girl should have for winter? thanks! have a good one

Hey girl,

I think a nice pair of below the knee brown or black riding boots are always great to have. And for the coat, I would say a waist-length down coat with faux-fur on the hood is cute! x0x0

by sweetgirll97 on 8/2/2011 4:32:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hi so my mom is letting me wear make up this school year but how much is too much. Also what do you suggest to wear make up wise. Thank u alot!!! Smile

Hey girl,

When wearing make-up to school, less is definitely more. You should aim for the natural look, so put on some powder, maybe a little bronzer and blush, and mascara. You definitely don't wanna overdo it. x0x0

by abbyubetterbeliveit on 8/2/2011 4:22:52 PM

Where's F?? It goes from E straight to G..??

by luvyahhforevaar on 8/2/2011 4:14:09 PM

1. I have oily combination skin that have breakouts often(I even have some tiny blackheads on my nose) but can become sensitive to harsh products, so should I use a mask, a scrub, or both? When should I use it? Should I use it in place of my cleanser or after my cleanser? Should I get an acne one or a regular one?
2. I need a new mascara that can curl, lift, and lengthen my lashes but still looks natural for school but could be used for other occasions if I build up coats. I have looked at lots of different ones, but not very sure if they work. Could u plz tell me a mascara that works?

Hey girl,

1. Masks are great to get rid of pimple, so use one about twice a week. Scrubs are good for exfoliating, so use it either once in the morning or at night, but not both. And you should use it in place of your cleanser. An acne eliminating one would be good. 2. I'm not sure which one would be best for you, but if you try going to a beauty supply store, i'm sure they can give you their expert opinion on the subject. x0x0

by Art Crazy52 on 8/2/2011 3:58:36 PM

MOD<3
Now that summer is starting soon, I want to get back into my everyday routine of having a good exercise routine (i've been slacking a few days in the summer). Do you have any suggestions of what I could do , that could tone your abs and is great for every part of your body as well? thanks!

Hey girl,

Running is great for your whole body, and sit-ups an wall sits are also great ways to tone up. Good luck! x0x0

by michipie205 on 8/2/2011 3:58:33 PM

MOD<3
Every once in awhile, when my skin isn't at it's best, I like to use a bit of foundation. Only problem is, about an hour or so after applying the foundation my skin will get really flaky start peeling and everyone will let me know about it too. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Do you use a daily moisturizer, or even moisturize before you put the foundation on? If not, then you really should start doing that, because the flakes mean that your skin is dry. x0x0

by michipie205 on 8/2/2011 3:57:06 PM

MOD<3
I have mild acne, but it's not crazy bad-my doctor prescribed me some creams and pills to take daily to help with the acne. Only problem is, one day my skin will look great - no pimples, no blemishes , and the next it will be filled with pimples. I do the same routine everyday, so I don't know what I could be doing wrong

Hey girl,

If you're doing everything your doctor said, then don't worry. Your face might just need some time to adjust to the medicine before it fully starts working, so give it some time and if your face doesn't clear up, go see your doctor again. x0x0

by michipie205 on 8/2/2011 3:55:53 PM

So helpful! Thanks!

by fallsb-ball on 8/2/2011 3:36:48 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I was just texting one of my best friends and she went out of the country for summer and she got me a gift!(She's sooo sweet!) And I went to Universal this summer and I forgot to get her something! When I got home I noticed I didn't get her anything because I was having so much fun! I got some toe-socks for (my use to be)friends. (now ex-friends) Now, I wish I could run to their house and take them back! But anyways, what are some good gift ideas? We start school in a little over a week.
Thank you soo much!! Smile

Hey girl,

You could decorate a pencil case, binder, folders, etc. for her by putting pictures and words of all her favorite things on them. I'm sure she'll love her new BTS supplies! x0x0

by Georgie 4 on 8/2/2011 3:28:18 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!!
Ok I have two questions. One when I use my acne treatment sometimes it stings my face. Is that bad or good? I always thought it was good because my pores are open and its getting inside of the zit. So is it good or bad that it stings.
Two, (I kno this isnt about the amazing article above but I think this saves time) There are these guys that crush on me. How can I get them to make their move, I don't want to make the first move though. So any tips on how to get them to tell me that they like me?
Thanks so much!

Hey girl,

Stinging is actually normal, but it does mean your face is sensitive, so make sure you don't use strong products on it after you've applied the acne treatment.  Hey girl, they're probably just shy or scared of what you're going to say, so why not just make the first move? If you're sure they like you, what's the worst that can happen? x0x0

by danceqtqueen on 8/2/2011 2:35:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
hey! i still havent gotten the latest issue of gl. Is there a way to see if my subscription is up? i never got a notice. thanks!

Hey girl,

Check out this page to get your question answered: http://www.girlslife.com/page/faq.aspx Hope that helps! x0x0

by music4ever107 on 8/2/2011 2:08:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have this marks on my face from pimples I used to have. The pimples have been gone for a while now, but the marks won't go away. How can I get rid of them?

Hey girl,

Try soaking cotton balls in lemon juice, and massaging the scars with the cotton balls. Leave the juice on your face for about 20 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water. You can also try this with egg whites. Good luck! x0x0

by browneyedpretty on 8/2/2011 2:00:43 PM

Perfect! Thanks!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 8/2/2011 1:49:08 PM

This is awesome! Thanks!

by topchef88 on 8/2/2011 1:37:09 PM

modmodmod!!!
sry, i know that this isn't in the right spot, but I didn't know where else to put this. How do you know if a bra is to small for you? my mom can't remember what size she got me when she got me all new bras a few months ago, but I think that they might be to small for me. She says that it is fine, but idk. how do you know if a bra is to small for you?
Thanks!

Hey girl,

If a bra is too small for you, your breast will pour out of the cup, hanging off the bra. Also, the straps and the hook in the back will be tight and uncomfortable, and will probably start digging into your skin.

by pebo11 on 8/2/2011 1:27:58 PM