AN HOUR AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

3 HOURS AGO Our makeup musts we always have going BTS: http://t.co/WE5hijGzT8

COMMENTS

I don't trust my dad. What should I say?

My dad has never been a big part of my life, but...

My mom and I have been fighting a lot lately. She has a thyroid deficiency which affects her mood really badly, and recently her doctor lowered her prescription, which means she no longer sleeps well and has a really really bad temper. I'm already trying to deal with the fact that I don't have many friends, and swim team and AP classes are taking up all my time. She regularly yells at me and tells me that I'm lazy, fat, a slob, and says that she doesn't know where she went wrong when she was raising me. I feel like a lot of the time she doesn't appreciate me, or even want me around. She always finds flaws in whatever I do, and constantly yells at me for having a "tone." She ALWAYS sounds angry, and I guess sometimes I'm just responding to that. I've tried to talk to her about how I feel about the things she says, but whenever I do, she just starts yelling about all my flaws. Most of the time I feel like I'm worthless. What can I do?

Hey Chica,

You're not worthless!!! Your mom is going through a very rough time and she seems to see nothing else but her own feelings. What she says to you is not okay and you should NEVER believe the things she calls you! Just know that it's the sickness speaking - not your mom! You're wonderful for dealing with her the way you do. You're a strong person and a lot of people could not handle all the things you have on your plate! I'm glad you already tried talking to your mom about how she makes you feel and even though she didn't respond how you had hoped for, she still knows that all this is hurting you! Just stay strong and speak up when you feel that she is mistreating you - but avoid her moods as much as you can!
alicia m.

by Isabeau13 on 4/19/2012 12:00:26 AM

MODMODMOD
My dad just lost his job and he might move away from my family and my grandfather just got diagnosed with cancer and the one year anniversary of my other grandfather's death is coming up and my sister is going off to college soon. How do I deal with this and how can i help my family deal too because they have been very depressed lately?

Hey! That's a lot to deal with girl, I'm so sorry.  Just make sure you have a friend you can talk these things through with, and be there for your family. That's the best thing you can do right now.

Helen S.

by w4zz4bi on 4/13/2012 6:32:17 PM

heyy ,listen my dad has beat me and my mom .I lost all respect for him . He always wants to talk but i dont and i dont know what to do . My name is hailey and im 12 and live in new ork will you email me cuz i wnna talk i have some advice and maybe you can give me some to
haileybasile@aol.com

by littlemissheartless on 4/3/2012 7:36:53 PM

Yeah I kinda know how u feel my mom and I are really close but she's in military and she had to go stateside which means she is in the state still but far away so I had to move to my dads and I only usually see him on breaks well I' never really told him stuff and then he started asking questions and I wouldn't tell him so soon enough he stopped but got really mad and stopped talking to me for a long time

by Kaykaybff on 2/15/2012 6:33:36 PM

MODMODMOD
my dad was in the washroom this morning, after i left for my bus and told (scratch that, yelled) my mom to get him a comb, and my baby sister just fell off the bed
so my mom went to take care of my baby sister, because obliviously that's more important then when he wants her to do., then my dad kept yelling, trying to get my mom to get him a comb
but she never did, and my dad started throwing everything he could see...
I did some research, and apparently its a mental health problem, but he will never go to the doctor or get counseling, he would go like I HAVE NO MENTAL PROBLEMS or something
there are too many things i can list about this, my mom says to just leave him alone and not get him mad, but i want to do something to fix his...

Give nineline.org a call and they'll help you out more than I can!  Don't worry, it won't come up on the phone bill or anything.
Jordan S.

by lucky_sunshine101 on 12/13/2011 3:36:13 PM

If I were you I wouldnt forgive him. But if he want's to makeup missing part of your life (even though you know he cant't ever) at least let him try. I mean, even though you'll never be as close to him as you are to your mom you should at least give him a chance. But if he forgets the little special plan that you and him set up to get to know each other better then forget it.Good Luck.

by rememberence155 on 11/7/2011 7:59:52 PM

MOD!! My Grandpa just died, how do i deal with this??

I'm so sorry love, this is a really tough time for you <3 Your whole fam is going to be going through some serious emotions over the next few weeks/months, but don't let that keep you from talking about those emotions together. Writing them down in a journal and taking out your frustrations through exercise can help, but it also means a LOT to chat with your family - reminisce about great memories with your grandpa, talk about how you're feeling and what you'll miss, and support each other through this. Death is a hard thing to go through for the people who are left behind. But I'm sure your grandpa had some AMAZING experiences while he was alive, loved you very much, and was very grateful for all the things he had. Use his life as an inspiration to take care of yourself, take advantage of every day, and live life to the fullest <3
Lauren C.

by lindseyd9 on 11/6/2011 12:33:30 PM

I have a question (its a little random) when you press the 'enter' button for the giveaways on here, and then you press it again once it says 'entry received' will it put your name in twice? Thanks!

Hey girl, nope you have to type your name in all over again. Good luck, hope ya win something. Smile

Lynae P.

by marym320 on 11/2/2011 6:28:48 PM

ok i ask my dad if he could come to my soccer game and he said he was busy and then about 5min later my brother asked him to come to his basketball game and he said sure that sounds fun and it made me feel like he doesn't care about me and he'll do anything for my brother please reply ASAP

by brandon phillips on 10/29/2011 8:48:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE REPLY ASAP!
My friend's Uncle says he treats his kids just fine and stuff but in reality he gets drunk and if one of the kids act out he beats their butts with a belt, I'm scared to meet him and my friend is going to spend the night at his house and stuff, her family does believe in spanking but she's scared of her Uncle in general, its not the belt scaring her (though it does scare her a little) should I tell someone about it or keep it a secret like my friend begged me to

Try to talk your friend into getting help. Talk with her and tell her someone will be able to help her. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.