9 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

12 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

13 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

I don't trust my dad. What should I say?

My dad has never been a big part of my life, but...

My mom and I have been fighting a lot lately. She has a thyroid deficiency which affects her mood really badly, and recently her doctor lowered her prescription, which means she no longer sleeps well and has a really really bad temper. I'm already trying to deal with the fact that I don't have many friends, and swim team and AP classes are taking up all my time. She regularly yells at me and tells me that I'm lazy, fat, a slob, and says that she doesn't know where she went wrong when she was raising me. I feel like a lot of the time she doesn't appreciate me, or even want me around. She always finds flaws in whatever I do, and constantly yells at me for having a "tone." She ALWAYS sounds angry, and I guess sometimes I'm just responding to that. I've tried to talk to her about how I feel about the things she says, but whenever I do, she just starts yelling about all my flaws. Most of the time I feel like I'm worthless. What can I do?

Hey Chica,

You're not worthless!!! Your mom is going through a very rough time and she seems to see nothing else but her own feelings. What she says to you is not okay and you should NEVER believe the things she calls you! Just know that it's the sickness speaking - not your mom! You're wonderful for dealing with her the way you do. You're a strong person and a lot of people could not handle all the things you have on your plate! I'm glad you already tried talking to your mom about how she makes you feel and even though she didn't respond how you had hoped for, she still knows that all this is hurting you! Just stay strong and speak up when you feel that she is mistreating you - but avoid her moods as much as you can!
alicia m.

by Isabeau13 on 4/19/2012 12:00:26 AM

MODMODMOD
My dad just lost his job and he might move away from my family and my grandfather just got diagnosed with cancer and the one year anniversary of my other grandfather's death is coming up and my sister is going off to college soon. How do I deal with this and how can i help my family deal too because they have been very depressed lately?

Hey! That's a lot to deal with girl, I'm so sorry.  Just make sure you have a friend you can talk these things through with, and be there for your family. That's the best thing you can do right now.

Helen S.

by w4zz4bi on 4/13/2012 6:32:17 PM

heyy ,listen my dad has beat me and my mom .I lost all respect for him . He always wants to talk but i dont and i dont know what to do . My name is hailey and im 12 and live in new ork will you email me cuz i wnna talk i have some advice and maybe you can give me some to
haileybasile@aol.com

by littlemissheartless on 4/3/2012 7:36:53 PM

Yeah I kinda know how u feel my mom and I are really close but she's in military and she had to go stateside which means she is in the state still but far away so I had to move to my dads and I only usually see him on breaks well I' never really told him stuff and then he started asking questions and I wouldn't tell him so soon enough he stopped but got really mad and stopped talking to me for a long time

by Kaykaybff on 2/15/2012 6:33:36 PM

MODMODMOD
my dad was in the washroom this morning, after i left for my bus and told (scratch that, yelled) my mom to get him a comb, and my baby sister just fell off the bed
so my mom went to take care of my baby sister, because obliviously that's more important then when he wants her to do., then my dad kept yelling, trying to get my mom to get him a comb
but she never did, and my dad started throwing everything he could see...
I did some research, and apparently its a mental health problem, but he will never go to the doctor or get counseling, he would go like I HAVE NO MENTAL PROBLEMS or something
there are too many things i can list about this, my mom says to just leave him alone and not get him mad, but i want to do something to fix his...

Give nineline.org a call and they'll help you out more than I can!  Don't worry, it won't come up on the phone bill or anything.
Jordan S.

by lucky_sunshine101 on 12/13/2011 3:36:13 PM

If I were you I wouldnt forgive him. But if he want's to makeup missing part of your life (even though you know he cant't ever) at least let him try. I mean, even though you'll never be as close to him as you are to your mom you should at least give him a chance. But if he forgets the little special plan that you and him set up to get to know each other better then forget it.Good Luck.

by rememberence155 on 11/7/2011 7:59:52 PM

MOD!! My Grandpa just died, how do i deal with this??

I'm so sorry love, this is a really tough time for you <3 Your whole fam is going to be going through some serious emotions over the next few weeks/months, but don't let that keep you from talking about those emotions together. Writing them down in a journal and taking out your frustrations through exercise can help, but it also means a LOT to chat with your family - reminisce about great memories with your grandpa, talk about how you're feeling and what you'll miss, and support each other through this. Death is a hard thing to go through for the people who are left behind. But I'm sure your grandpa had some AMAZING experiences while he was alive, loved you very much, and was very grateful for all the things he had. Use his life as an inspiration to take care of yourself, take advantage of every day, and live life to the fullest <3
Lauren C.

by lindseyd9 on 11/6/2011 12:33:30 PM

I have a question (its a little random) when you press the 'enter' button for the giveaways on here, and then you press it again once it says 'entry received' will it put your name in twice? Thanks!

Hey girl, nope you have to type your name in all over again. Good luck, hope ya win something. Smile

Lynae P.

by marym320 on 11/2/2011 6:28:48 PM

ok i ask my dad if he could come to my soccer game and he said he was busy and then about 5min later my brother asked him to come to his basketball game and he said sure that sounds fun and it made me feel like he doesn't care about me and he'll do anything for my brother please reply ASAP

by brandon phillips on 10/29/2011 8:48:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE REPLY ASAP!
My friend's Uncle says he treats his kids just fine and stuff but in reality he gets drunk and if one of the kids act out he beats their butts with a belt, I'm scared to meet him and my friend is going to spend the night at his house and stuff, her family does believe in spanking but she's scared of her Uncle in general, its not the belt scaring her (though it does scare her a little) should I tell someone about it or keep it a secret like my friend begged me to

Try to talk your friend into getting help. Talk with her and tell her someone will be able to help her. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by clem10 on 10/7/2011 6:12:48 PM

Why was she forced to visit him and why does he even care about her anymore? He abandoned her and her mom. Why does he think she still trusts him after all he's put her through? Come on Dad, wake up and smell the coffee!

by flyaway99 on 9/24/2011 4:37:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! My sister is in an abusive relationship and her husband is in jail, for now but not for long enough! He told her that he will get her back and I'm kind of scared what would happen to her or even my 6 month old nephew! She keeps trying to defend his side in court and I don't know how to talk to her if she even will listen!! Do you have any advise for me?!!

Hey chica!

I could only imagine how tough things are for you, and I so wish I could offer some great advice. Since I'm not an expert on the legal system, I don't want to misguide you. Since I want the best for you, you should talk to a trusted adult, like a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, or teacher.
Devin A.

by 1Polar_Bear on 9/5/2011 9:42:13 AM

Inn112: I hope your mom starts to understand.

by jhorses2 on 9/2/2011 9:23:01 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!!
I think My parents will get divorced and I don't know how to confront them about it I get scared that they will say " No we wont we love each other" and stuff I know I sould just sit down and talk about it and everything else. BUT I just don't have the nerve to do it I really need your help. :\

Hey girl, I know it's hard but when the moment is right, your parents will tell you themselves. Remember, it's their choice and while it effects you, you have to step back and let them make it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by jaseyrocks on 8/30/2011 10:27:46 PM

I've been feeling really down in the dumps and sad lately, but there's not really a reason... And I can't stop thinking of bad things and I really want to get over it... I'm just sort of nervous/upset because school is coming up and I really don't like school at all. All I want is to feel happy now! Any tips, please? Thanks<3

by cancerthecrab on 8/28/2011 11:14:34 PM

Unfortunately people can get involved in things that affect us, I am sorry your dad is into drugs but I can see why you feel the way you do. Try to get him help or get him into drug rehab or something like that.

by luckykel on 8/25/2011 10:23:56 PM

MOD!!! I need some serious help. I have ocd/germaphobia. It's so bad that I won't get near someone with just a little cold. I make them stay away and not touch my stuff. I go crazy when they do. The thing is, my mom doesn't understand. I thought she was sick a few days ago. She rubbed her nose then touched my computer. I cleaned off my computer. Next thing you know, she's making fun of me and made me cry. It's a real condition but she sees me as just a selfish little brat who should suck it up. Today, my tutor was actually sick. I wouldn't let her touch my stuff so my mom stepped in, now I'm grounded for a week! Is that harsh or is it just me? I cried and had a panic attack so she yelled at me even more. How to I get her to understand? How can I explain to her that her making fun of my problem and making me cry isn't ok?

Hey girl, it's not just you. What your mom is doing isn't nice and shows she doesn't understand that what you have is a problem. So sit her and your dad down and explain it. And ask for help. She may dismiss it, but it's important you get a second opinion too. Talk to your guidance counselor about this too. OCD is a real disorder, but one that can be corrected with therapy and care.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lnn112 on 8/25/2011 10:07:58 PM

That is so sad. I hope your situation gets better.

by bluegreen332 on 8/25/2011 1:04:32 PM

My dad is an alcoholic. He won't admit it but he drinks about 3 or 4 beers a night and my mom has already confronted him about it but he just denies that he is addicted. I know my family can't be perfect but I think he's rubbing off on me because when I'm with my friends they think I'm weird for talking about alcohol so much. How do i approach him without sounding like I'm accusing him of anything?

by HarryPotterLOL on 8/25/2011 3:19:28 AM

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I need help. I'm going into 9th grade,& there's a guy I went to elementary school with, & I think I still like him. A couple years back a girl at my middle school went out with him, & it made me so jealous. I've liked other guys, but none as much as him. I have no way of talking to him--he goes to another school & I don't have his phone number or anything. I know where he lives though (I promise I'm not a stalker, it's a long story lol), so I could write him a letter or something, but I feel like that'd be weird. I could go to one of his football games though...but how? What would my reasoning be & who could I go with? & how would I talk to him? I just really want to talk to him again.

hey! just go with a friend and then approach him after the game to say good job. easy Smile
Helen S.

by loco4poco on 8/24/2011 6:11:08 PM

hearing stuff like this just makes me appreciate my dad even more!

by filaluvva on 8/24/2011 4:21:05 PM

im sorry girlie.

by tswiftluver13 on 8/24/2011 3:42:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD i have just found out that one of my best friends is bisexual. it was a complete accident and i never meant to find out, but now i am afraid that i will feel awkward around her and our friendship will fall apart, because she has been a big part of my life and i don't want to lose her.

Hey girl, its normal to maybe feel a little uncomfortable. But if you still value her friendship, just act like nothing has changed- her bisexuality does not change the fact that you two have a lot in common and a lot of good memories together. She is still the same person and still your friend, so treat her that way.

xoxo Tory

Tory N.

by PuppyCT on 8/24/2011 1:58:28 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/24/2011 12:05:40 PM

Atleast your mom is on your side, tell her everything
Make sure your grandparents know that you really do not want to go to his place.Hopfully your grandparents will make sure if you see him,it is at their house or in a public place with them.Tell your Dad through an email that you hate that he does drugs and how bad it is for his health.If there is an underlying or seroius reason that is a sercret as why you can't trust him, you need outside help.

by BUCK123BUCK on 8/24/2011 10:35:47 AM

thats jsut like my life only in the same state, and he wants to she meet at dix coney island at 3am,

by kristadakota on 8/24/2011 10:16:39 AM

I would do the same thing. check out all of my clubs there is still positions available in my Totally Random club

by taytay7623 on 8/24/2011 9:34:14 AM

Oh. That's sad. What kind of father would "force" his daughter to spend the night there? Frown

by fungirl123 on 8/24/2011 9:08:26 AM

My parents r divorcing and my dad is always on the phone with Mrs. ??? I know she is married because my dad is always saying things like "How are your kids?" and "Don't tell your husband." I'm starting to think it's our former neighbor(we moved) who has two children who are my good friends and is getting a divorce with her husband. My dad is calling her and texting her in the car, resturants, home, kitchen, EVERYWHERE! what do I do about her! I don't want a step mom/siblings! P.S it would be weird to have your friends be step siblings right?

by warriorcat4567 on 8/24/2011 3:48:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Okay so I get really bad acne. My face gets really oily so I was every day with Neutrogena Oil-Free acne wash, and I use rice paper tissues to blot of excess oil. At first it was working really well, but now, my face is just breaking out again! What should I do? School starts September 6th and I don't want to be Pizza Face!
xoxo,
Kaya M.

Hey girl, changes in your skin can be caused by the weather, sports, and other conditions, so if you added something new to your routine, it may change things up. Sometimes skin just gets used to the product you are using, so it stops working. Try rinsing your face with water throughout the day to keep it clean. Maybe trying a different wash could help.

xoxo Tory