2 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

3 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

4 HOURS AGO Cute 'n' quick bun styles to try this weekend: http://t.co/dIFvlC8c4i

COMMENTS

I want to fit in... without being someone else

I'm sick of pretending to be somebody I'm not!

Help help help mod mod mod mod mod
Okay, so last year I had to transfer schools and I met a couple of girls, and they're like HUGE Directioners and I am too but not just as much as them. So I pretended to be a huge Directioner just like them. But Iam truly in love with the 50's. I have since I was 5, and I put Elvis Presley magnets in my new locker, and one of the girls came up to me and said "You should take down those old guy magnets and put up 1D stuff!" And I did. I also wear my saddle shoes everyday because I love them so much, but I started to be bullied because I wore them. So I like didn't wear them for the rest of the school year. But with this new school year (at the same school) I just want to fit in, but not be bullied, and be myself. I want to decorate my new locker with a 50's theme but scared I'll be picked on. What should I do? Please help!
-Saddle Shoes in Hiding

Hey! Personally, I think your sense of style sounds awesome! (and way cooler than 1D anyway ;)) It's tough when you want to fit in, but if you feel bad about yourself, then you're letting the bullies win. Stand up for yourself, and if you feel uncomfortable, tell someone. The fifties rule, all us grownups think so ;)!

Helen S.

by 50sfan1234 on 7/30/2012 6:37:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOM MOD
PLEASE HELP! i so want to be popular with my friends! the popular girls seem so nice and not mean.

Hey girlie,

Popularity usually means being liked by a lot of people. To get that, you don't need to be mean! Get involved in activities, speak up in class, talk to all different groups of classmates, and be nice/friendly to everyone ... and check out this article about becoming friends with the popular crowd Smile It's really as easy as it sounds!

Lauren C.

by kyra678 on 4/19/2012 6:03:44 PM

sometimes that really doesn't work tho Frown

by whildchic98 on 1/21/2012 10:47:33 PM

Popularity doesn't matter that much. Its only the opinions of others that are deemed "popular" that makes you popular. If you find some true friends it doesn't matter if you are "popular" or not.

Please visit my Advice Queen page! I really like to give advice to peeps Smile just post a question and i will answer it on your profile as soon as i see it.

by basketballcutie11 on 12/23/2011 5:31:30 PM

Well you don't have to be popular. Just who you are is great and if people can't accept that who cares?! I used to be like that, then that led to insecurity. Then, one day a little voice told me "BE YOU!" Smile

by SmallStepsFirst on 12/21/2011 7:30:29 AM

Help help help mod mod mod mod mod
Okay, I found out this girl I know wants to commit suicide. We aren't friends and don't talk to each other, but it reallly freaks me out. I need help and I don't know what to do i am just so stressed and i'm a mess and i don't know what to do my parents and sibs are out of town i need help!

by orange24601 on 12/16/2011 6:02:49 PM

I have had the same problem. I just started hanging with new people. I would meet my friends, friends. Just be yourself(not trying to be like what parents do)!! ONe of my bffs we became friends by sitting by eachother in science Smile! Have fun and be yoursele. People will find you more likeable if you act like ur self NOT like other(they will think u r copying them) Smile Smile
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!;p Smile

by soccergurl77 on 11/21/2011 7:07:21 PM

Hey! You know I used to think the same exact way I always wanted to fit in any group but I realized for example your an active girl whos friendly you wont fit in with rude goth girls or groups that you dont feel comftorable around with . Sometimes in life you.gotta find your position and where you belong. Its just a way of life.,and if u feel left out dont tell yourself you dont fit in tell yourself you deserve better and should find better friends they are hard to look for but defenitely worth the hstle never give yourself a negative turndown . And its not just fitting in in life you need to find your way and where your best at Smile if you have any questoions just feel free to let me know my username is tutorgrrl. Boost your hope and be strond emotionally!!!!! ;)) once again im here if you have questions Smile

by Tutorgrrl on 11/20/2011 1:32:17 AM

I have a wicked simular problem. I always find myself sitting alone or with only a few other people in the lunchroom even though I have alot of friends, but most of my friends aren't friends so they don't sit with eachother and the ones that are friends are to close and they always end up in conversations without me. One of the things I have found most helpful in fixing this situation is befriending people in many different places (Science class, Drama Club, and Yearbook) this way I don't feel left out when one particular friend is ignoring me or is talking to someone else. The people you count as "freinds don't have to come over everyday after school or know all your secrets. They only have to be someoe nice that you can have fun with (even if it's only for five minutes.)

by edsnerg on 9/27/2011 8:03:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD Alyssa B. I'm still not sure if my parents know or that if my grandpa told them yet. To find out, my older sister told me to ask my mom like "Do you find anything wrong with Lizzie's older sisters boyfriend living with them?" Should I do that? I want to. Please help! Jordan

Hey girly, if you're that concerened maybe you should. Your parents will find out anyway. Smile Smile

Lynae P.