AN HOUR AGO Check out these Disney stars' big girls day out (that included dress up and Star Wars): http://t.co/AKBnyijP4P

16 HOURS AGO 5 steps to follow in a friend fight: http://t.co/kh28xT5dTJ

17 HOURS AGO Magical school dance moments we heart from movies: http://t.co/B8F8A0Ukhs

COMMENTS

Mom won't let me quit

I love gymnastics, but 16 hours a week of training is too much. I want to be like a normal kid...

My friend wants me to go to the tumbling open gym tonight, but I went last week, and I want to this week. The only thing is, that I feel like I am stepping on another friends turf. I realize nobody has a turf, but when I am there she is always practicing like crazy, and i am just jumping on the trampoline. I also do not want it to seem like I am going to go every week. SHOULD I GO? I want to but, i just am not sure.

Hey girl. If you want to go, you should go! If your friend invited you, I'm sure she's happy for you to be there with her, so you shouldn't worry about overstepping your boundaries. Just go and jump some more and have fun! No pressure.

Jess D.

by georgetownroad on 10/28/2011 5:22:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm not really liking violin right now and I really want to quit by the end of the school year. The problem is: my mom told my teacher that I wasn't planning to take orchestra next year, and my teacher was really disappointed. In order to have a good seat in orchestra, you basically need private lessons, but I don't want to do orchestra or have private lessons next year, because I don't want to major in music when I grow up. Any advice?

Hey girl,

Your teacher might love you and might have had high hopes for you but, no matter how good you are at violin and how much your teacher wants you to continue on, it's not anybody's choice but your own. If playing violin for fun (with or without private lessons, with or without the good seat in orchestra) isn't actually fun for you anymore, don't feel guilty quitting. But remember that violin can just be a hobby for you, if you enjoy it but don't want to make a career out of it! Nearly everyone I know from high school who played instruments are doing something totally different now - it can just be fun! But if it isn't even fun anymore, totally go for it and explore your other options. Just make sure you don't sit at home wasting your new free time - replace violin with a new hobby that makes you feel happy and fulfilled!
Lauren C.

by Emilicious on 10/1/2011 11:51:03 PM

My parents work in the city, and sometimes my siblings and I have to stay with my Dads parents. When my grandpa takes me to my BFF's house, he told me it "scary and uncomfortable" because my BFF's older sister's boyfriend lives with them because he got kicked out of his house. He said he's afraid the boyfriend will do something to me (when really all he dose is say "Hey Jordan whats up" when I go over there when he's even there and not at work or sports) and when I told my grandpa everything's OK and he doesn't need to baby me because I know what to do if something bad happens, then he asked if my parents knew and I said yes, and I think he asked them! I'm not sure if he did, but he might have, and I'm scared! It'll be awkward around them! What should I do? I'm afraid my grandpa will get my parents thinking and I won't be able to go to her house anymore! Please help!
Jordan

Hey girl, it sounds like your grandpa is just being protective: he wants to make sure you're safe. So the thing to do is talk to your parents yourself about it: tell them that things are fine there and let them hear your side of the story. Then they can reassure your grandpa it's all right for you to go there! Sometimes having an adult on your side can help.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by cutiegal100 on 9/5/2011 5:06:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!! i have a huge problem. i cant leave my moms side! every time she "goes out" i freak out and cry! tomorrow shes going away for the night and im really scared and sad!!! i dont want to be like this because i want her to be having a good time but i just love her soooo much! i even miss her when i go to a friends house!!! pleaaaassseee help!!!!!!

Hey girl, its good that you love your mom so much. Don't be scared when she leaves, because she will be right back! There is a saying that goes "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" which means that sometimes when you have some time apart, you realize how much you love someone. Try not to get upset when you are apart from her because you will get to pend time with her later!

Tory N.

by abcgirl790 on 8/24/2011 3:03:13 PM

I like gymnastics. I think your mom should have you take it once or twice a week for 1 hour. That is what I do and it is a good plan. I wish you luck!

by Neoncat on 8/14/2011 6:06:47 PM

Hey girls! If you like to read, write or both could you please join my club "Bookworms & Writers"? I am trying to reach at-least 55 members by the end of the week and right now I'm at 43. I would really appreciate your help! Smile
~Lexi♥

by LexilicousCandy on 8/9/2011 10:26:24 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!! My "friend's" dad started this archery club and I joined. My friend and I text each other but she never tells me when it is and never posts it on Facebook. Sometimes, during the school year I would go over to her house to go to archery because my mom always worked late. When I was over, I told her I took guitar lessons. She asked me what time and I said 9:30 to 10:00 AM on Saturday. My other friend who is in archery asked my why I haven't been to archery in a while. I never knew there were practices in the first place and the rest of the club showed up except me. Apparently, practice was rescheduled to 9:00 to 10:00 AM on Saturday and they never told me. There are no practices during the week. Should I quit because they're rescheduling behind my back and never tell me when the practices are? Thanks! Also, how do I persuade my mom to let me quit?

Only quit if you feel it is something you no longer enjoy or want to do. As far as rescheduling, ask your friend what's the deal?

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by nerdyrockerperson on 8/9/2011 7:20:50 PM

Yeah I used to do gymnastics, but I finished this past April, after completing my level 7 season. It's amazing how much time I have now and I dont really regret it.
Now if I could just find some time to change my username.... hahahaha

by gymnasticsgirl10 on 8/8/2011 12:22:40 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/7/2011 11:50:17 PM

HEY LUCKY GYMNAST!!!!!! If you really don't want to anymore, quit! It might be hard to break it to your mom but you need to! trust I quit band before highschool(I'm gonna be in 9th grade) because it would be too much of a commitment for something I wouldn't love. Go for it and Good Luck!

by YellowIsRad on 8/7/2011 7:15:28 PM