8 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

11 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

12 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

Mom won't let me quit

I love gymnastics, but 16 hours a week of training is too much. I want to be like a normal kid...

DONT QUIT!!!! TRUST ME!!! i was a gymnnast and i quit for te ame reasons you want to. Trust ! I regret quitting so much! You loose all your strength skill and flexibiility! Then soon you stop being so fit! IT WOULD BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOURlife!!!!!!!!! Take it from me. Been ther dun tht. And when u regret it and want to go back, you wont be able to. Youll have to start from the bottom and work your way up again! I SERIOUSLY DID THIS AND IT WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE? I THINK I RUINED MY LIFE WITH ON SILLY MISTAKE!!!! Dont do it. Dont do it. Dont do it.

by 89drty on 8/4/2011 1:35:06 PM

You should belive what you want to do. And tell your mom the truth and tell her how it feels.

by peaceuout on 8/4/2011 10:14:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD I have to go to my grandmas today but it's no fun! She's annoying and rude at times I mean I love her and all but every 3 minutes she's asking what I'm looking at on tv, when she doesn't have channels like hbo or cinimax She also criticizes EVERYTHING my clothes, my fave tv shows, even the fact I like Nirvana! She won't let me listen to them at her house because she doesn't like Kurt Cobain's past. So what if IM ten and I like Nirvana! That gives her no right to call them " crackheads" and that comment from her got on my last nerve I need help PLEASE!!!!!!! Frown

Hey babe. I would try talking to your grandma about her past. Like when she was a kid what did she listen to. Maybe then you two can connect.

mary h.

by Nirvana fan on 8/4/2011 7:53:29 AM

MOD this is kind of serrious. My old teacher thinks my a paper i wrote could be published and he is helping me work on it over the summer. He is a great guy, he really is and I kind of know a lot about him and he knows a lot of personal stuff about me because of my paper. He's one of those really cool teachers. Lately people have been making up rumors about me in general saying im slutty and other things. I don't want him to be sucked into the rumor mill and there be rumors that im in a relationship with a teacher. We're meeting at starbucks soon to edit my paper and i just need advice to keep the rumors down

Hey girl. I wouldn't worry so much about the rumors and just work on your paper. It is a big leap for people to acuse you of kissing lots of dudes and being with a teacher.

mary h.

by fired up on 8/4/2011 1:49:53 AM

Me & my BFF used to be friends with this girl who did NOTHING but dance. She had no time for friends, family, and school. She gets VERY mad at her mom when she said she had to quit a few hours of dance. It isn't healthy.

by spicyllamachick2120 on 8/3/2011 11:31:38 PM

I do rhythmic gymnastics in the summer. I used to do it during the year before I moved. I miss it soo bad! If you have been doing this for a while, and you love it, and you got the money to go everyday, forget everything and go for it. Train everyday, forget about downtime, school, hanging out and go for this. Because I never had the ability to go every day, but according to my teacher, I had talent. You probably have talent too, and if you leave right now, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. You are fortunate your mom is willing to push you to do this, because my mom wasn't particularly interested in me doing it. If you really love the sport, forget about everything else. Because I loved the sport and I had to give it up. And do not, under any circumstances mention this to your trainer. I know from experience that they will rip you into pieces and say: "I've put soo much work into you, you ungrateful swine." I heard it said before to former team members and I completely agree.

by Yuliya V on 8/3/2011 10:21:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD did you get my last message

IDK. My shift just started. So if you havent gotten a response post again and ill respond Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Nirvana fan on 8/3/2011 10:02:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I make lots of noise when I talk and I often doze off into space in class and fidget with my body, like writing random words that I hear on my desk or arm and spelling it out in my head. The other thing that I do is shout out the answer to a question and I am falling down in math. Things get boring and I forget my homework sometimes. Do I have ADHD? How do I know for sure, because all the symptoms I read are all relating to me.

I think you should talk to your doctor about this one. Theyll be able to help. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Firework on 8/3/2011 9:48:35 PM

That is why I quit soccer, because I had no down time.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 8/3/2011 7:20:27 PM

I was in gymnastics level 9 two years ago. I was training 5 hours everyday except Sunday. Which was 25 hours a week! I then quit because my doctor told me I had to because of an ankle injury from vault. I think that you should only do gymnastics if that's what gives you complete joy and no guilt, or displeasure. Good luck! I went through the same thing aswell, I kept going with my ankle injury but I started to not like gymnastics and my mom wouldn't let me quit because I had gotten so far! I just sat down and had a talk with her to reason with her that it was too much pressure and then we finally agreed that I could quit! Good luck!

by horsebackrider12 on 8/3/2011 7:16:16 PM