4 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

7 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

8 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

Mom won't let me quit

I love gymnastics, but 16 hours a week of training is too much. I want to be like a normal kid...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MO MOD MOD MOD MOD ok so I'm in between houses. I'm moving from Colorado and my little brother, my mom, and I are in California but my dad is still in Colorado. We are staying with some friends right now and the people we're staying with work and my mom works too. But i really want to try out for volleyball. I'm going into High School so I think this would be a really great way to make new friends but I don;t want to put the pressure on my mom with picking me up from practice everyday and games. i've already talked to her about it and she says she'll do whatever she can but I still don't want to stress her out. Should I tryout out or not?!?!?1 Thanks,
Kelly:]

Hey! go for it and hope that something works out. what have you got to lose?
Helen S.

by cowbellkell on 8/3/2011 7:09:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok i really need some help. All the very popular girls and boys in my grade throw these huge parties. I have never been invited to one but my best friend is invited to all of them. She's my absolute best friend and we do EVERYTHING together. But I'm wondering why i have never been invited to these parties? I mean she's literally my twin and we have mostly the exact same friends, but why do they invite her and not me? Sorry for this being so long and thanks in advance.
-M

Hey! you should tell her how you feel, be kind and considerate but let her know your feelings are a little hurt, good luck!
Helen S.

by ibleedblue on 8/3/2011 6:46:34 PM

wow, well dont give up on something u love!
after reading some comments i cant believe some girls train 25 hrs a wk!

check out my profile clubs & advice pg!

by briblue3 on 8/3/2011 5:05:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD  ok, so school is starting in 3 weeks and i really want to find a nice luchbox to match my backpack! i've tried looking in so many stores but they're either for little kids (like dora or something) or cheap (not durable) can you please tell me where i might find the right one????
thanks

Hey girl,

Target has some great ones, and you can also try Lands' End, L.L.Bean, or look online. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by Filaluvva on 8/3/2011 4:38:19 PM

i was in your same position awhile back when i was training 25hours a week. i took some time off and i couldnt stand spending another day out of the gym! dont quit after all the training and hardwork!just hang with your friends on the weekend! now all i wanna do is train train train. i dont know what life would be like if i never trained

by gymnastchic19 on 8/3/2011 4:32:25 PM

Sometimes I feel like my grandma likes my two cousins more than me. Like during the summer, she took my cousins to DC. Later she took my WHOLE family, PLUS another cousin, to Reno. I mean, it was nice of her to take us there, but I would have rather gone to DC. One of my cousins is only two months older than me (but she's a year ahead of me in school,) so I don't understand why she wouldn't take me too. Or at least take me later, but to the same place. What should I do about this, if anything?

Hey girl,

Maybe your grandma doesn't realize that she's not treating you all fairly, so just bring it up to her nicely. Say something like, "Was the DC trip fun? I wish I could have gone," or something like that, and then ask if you two can do a trip another time because you really like spending time with her. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by voucher on 8/3/2011 4:16:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm going to my first real concert on Saturday so I'm really excited! But I don't know when I should get there! It starts at 7 but my dad doesn't think we should get there until 6! I think that's too late! I don't want to get stuck in traffic plus it will be rush hour! When do you think I should get there and how do I convince my dad that we should leave earlier? Thanks!!!

Hey girl,

I actually think 6 is a good time, but check and see what time the gates/doors open. You could try getting there at that time. Just tell him that since it's your first concert, you really don't wanna miss anything so you'd rather get there earlier, just to be on the safe side. x0x0
Casey L.

by purpleluver716 on 8/3/2011 4:03:12 PM

At my gymnastics studio level nines are there 25 hours a week. I'm on a team for girls who don't want to be there 25 hours a week. ( I'm practice four hours a week.)You could see if your club had something like that.

by gigishook on 8/3/2011 4:01:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm really bored at home, I'm the youngest of 3 and the only girl.I barely see my brothers.I have all kind of hobbies and wide variety,but anyway,I really want to chat up my friends,not texting,not on MSN,not IMing,I want to actually call them but I'm really shy and not many of them have their own cell phone so I have no choice but to call their home number.I feel really awkward when someone else answers,even if it was my BFF's 5 year old brother!I also always wonder what time I should call and my mind floods with questions like "What if they're busy?" and "What if they had something better to do?" And I don't talk alot at school so I feel like I'm a third wheel at times.So I always assume they're talking to somebody else.What should I do?? D: I really want to call them but I eventually come to the conclusion they have better things to do/better people to talk to.Especially by 2 BFFs,we're a trio so I feel left out often.HELP!

Hey girl,

I think you're stressing yourself out a lot more than you have to. When you call a friends house, just politely say, "Hi, may I please speak to _____". If the person says your friend is busy or can't talk, just say "Ok thank you, bye" and hang up. You can even practice doing this a few times before you actually pick up the phone. Your friends are your friends for a reason, so when you call it's not like they're not gonna want to talk to you. If they're busy, they will just let you know and then you can call back later or tell them to call you back when you're free. It's not a big deal at all. And if you're feeling left out by your friends, tell them. Surely if they know how you're feeling, they'll try their best to include you more. Good luck girlie! x0x0
Casey L.

by Shadow.Fall691 on 8/3/2011 3:17:04 PM

@Oceanlover69
2 hours a day may not seem like a lot but when you have school and other activities going on it can make juggling your time really hard and it is tough to not be able to hang out with your friends as much because you are always so busy, plus competitions take up even more time. i know because i swim two hours a day and it is hard during the school year. Casey L.

by AdviceSeeker on 8/3/2011 2:31:22 PM